{Written] Axcaloth, Sleeping Temple

Haumea

Axcaloth, Sleeping Temple

Field Spell

Once per Chain, during either player's turn, if a monster(s) you control is targeted for an attack or would be destroyed by a card effect: you can banish any of them until the End Phase, but their effects are negated and cannot be moved by other card effects while banished this way. If 5 or more monsters are banished this way this turn: You can treat this face-up card in your Field Zone as an Effect Monster while your opponent controls a monster (Rock-Type/EARTH/Level 10/ ATK 4000/DEF 4000). (This card is NOT treated as a Spell Card.) While this card is treated as an Effect Monster, this card is unaffected by card effects.

"Once known for it's protection during a great apocalypse, Axcaloth currently having an eternal rest. Until the history repeats itself."

I'm guessing you're wording it so that you can't trigger stuff like Reborn Tengu when it leaves the field?

Overall, I think it's a cool concept.  Really high reward, but it needs a lot of setup and it is reliant on the opponent, so it's not likely to ever actually work.  It feels like one of those "Reward cards" like Gate Guardian or Zushin the Sleeping Giant in terms of difficulty to summon.

I think it's a pretty cool card (and it makes me want to redesign an old archetype concept of mine that also has a field spell turn into a giant rock monster 😄)

7 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

I'm guessing you're wording it so that you can't trigger stuff like Reborn Tengu when it leaves the field?

The intended idea of the effect is to ensure cards cannot activate their effects when it got banished like the entire Thunder Dragon and Metaphys Archetype since the monsters technically doesn't leave the field in terms of flavor. But come to think about it, I think Reborn Tengu is a better example.

7 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Overall, I think it's a cool concept.  Really high reward, but it needs a lot of setup and it is reliant on the opponent, so it's not likely to ever actually work.  It feels like one of those "Reward cards" like Gate Guardian or Zushin the Sleeping Giant in terms of difficulty to summon.

To be fair, the main focus of the card is the targeting immunity. The other effect is just a corner cases and mostly it's only for the flavor.

Archived