[Written] Corrupting Manifestation

Haumea

Corrupting Manifestation

Quick-Play Spell

Banish 1 face-up card from your opponent's field face-down; Special Summon 1 "Corrupting Virus Token" to the opponents field in Attack Position. (Cyberse-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 2000/DEF 2000) This token cannot be Tributed or be used as a material for an Extra Deck Summon.

Ah, so this is a bit like a Spell version of a Kaiju, but it also hits backrow.  It's gets through most types of protection (since it is non-targeting, non-destruction removal) and the token that the opponent gets doesn't even have to be removed immediately because it can't be tributed/used as material.  It is technically still a -1 but the sheer utility of it covers that downside very well.

All that said, I think it might be just a little too strong because of how versatile it is.  I think if it was limited to monster OR spell/trap removal, or if it only banished a face-up card, it would probably be more fair.

Cheers!

17 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

if it only banished a face-up card, it would probably be more fair.

Ah, I forgot that people also place a card on the field face-down every so often. (A little bit of satire here)

Fun fact, the original concept of the card also allow player to banish their opponent's cards in their hand too.

Archived