[DAMA] Despia Archetype Reveal – Albaz’s Bizarre Adventure Continues

image.png.4274b78422fafa422af3ff5091557010.png

DAMA-JP004 Kigeki no Despian / Despian of Comedy
DARK Fairy / Effect
LV1 0/2000

You can only use either this card name’s 1st or 2nd effect per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a face-up “Despia” card(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; negate that effect.
(2) If this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 Fusion Monster; Special Summon this card.

image.png.54a0dbda2d937535fefe402135c1958a.png

DAMA-JP005 Higeki no Despian / Despian of Tragedy
DARK Fairy / Effect
LV1 400/400

You can only use either this card name’s 1st or 2nd effect per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) If this card is sent to the GY, or banished, by card effect: You can add 1 “Despia” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Despian of Tragedy”.
(2) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “Stigmatika” Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it to your field.

image.png.777872e31717272ff595935ea1d7bdd9.png

DAMA-JP006 Despia no Douke Albert / Alber, Jester of Despia
DARK Fairy / Effect
LV4 1800/0

(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Stigmatika” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If a face-up Fusion Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle, or leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect, while this card is in your GY: You can target 1 Effect Monster your opponent controls; Special Summon this card, and if you do, negate that target’s effects until the end of this turn.

image.png.7666451881c3d92e67ee915a3e14c54b.png

DAMA-JP007 Despia no Dramaturgia / Dramaturgia of Despia
DARK Fairy / Effect
LV8 3000/1500

You can only use this card name’s 1st and 2nd effects once per turn each.
(1) If a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and/or Link Monster(s) is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Effect Monster on the field; negate its effects until the end of this turn.
(2) If this card is used as material for a Fusion Summon from the hand or field, and sent to the GY or banished: You can Special Summon it.

image.png.cc0365883b8b4e79a006c46ecd7544da.png

DAMA-JP034 Despian Quaeritis
LIGHT Fiend / Fusion / Effect
LV8 2500/2500

1 “Despia” monster + 1 LIGHT or DARK monster
(1) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can change the ATK of all face-up monsters currently on the field to 0, except Level 8 or higher Fusion Monsters, until the end of this turn.
(2) If this face-up card you control leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect: You can add to your hand, or Special Summon, 1 “Despia” monster or 1 “Fallen of Albaz” from your Deck.

image.png.496b0aa4443bd8b2ca547d8459568d28.png

DAMA-JP035 Despian Proscenium
LIGHT Fiend / Fusion / Effect
LV11 3200/3200

1 “Despia” monster + 1 LIGHT monster + 1 DARK monster
(1) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster in your opponent’s GY; either banish it or Special Summon it to your field.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can inflict damage to them equal to the destroyed monster’s original ATK or DEF (whichever is higher).

image.png.09cff6093d5e6502002a0fb70ef9d278.png

DAMA-JP053 Rakuin Gekijou Despia / Despia, the Stigmatika Theatre
Spell Field

(1) During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 Level 8 or higher Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material.
(2) If a face-up non-Fusion Fairy monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle, or leaves the field by an opponent’s card effect: You can target 1 Level 8 or higher Fusion Monster in your GY; Special Summon it.

image.png.d4c0e76154951b9529992247b550e3ab.png

DAMA-JP054 Rakuin Kaimaku / Stigmatika Curtain Rise
Quick-Play Spell

(1) Discard 1 card, then add to your hand, or Special Summon in Defense Position, 1 “Despia” monster from your Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, except Fusion Monsters.
(2) If a Fusion Monster(s) you control would be destroyed by card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Naming Note: Archetype name seems related to a combination of Despair, Death, and Thespian.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/deathangelsdescendbutarentdarklordswhy/

I don't say this often enough, but my god, the artwork on YGO cards can be amazing sometimes, I love the designs on these cards. I have not been following these Fallen of Albaz cards all that much, but this kind of seems like the conclusion, at least they seem to focus a lot more on the Stigmatika side of things as far as I can tell.

So I stopped paying attention to the speculative lore for Albaz after Tri-brigades, but now... I've gotta know what happened, how these guys fit, why they are parallels of the Dogmatika, and why the castle looks like friggin' Trishula.

Looking at this archetype, it looks like some modern day Shakespearean bullshit, and I'm all for it. That being said, the art on these cards look really cool

2 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

So I stopped paying attention to the speculative lore for Albaz after Tri-brigades, but now... I've gotta know what happened, how these guys fit, why they are parallels of the Dogmatika, and why the castle looks like friggin' Trishula.

My immediate thoughts to the level 11 was "It looks similar to the Chair stuff from Sevens." for some reason.

Archived