[Goat Format] Burn Variant

Sleepy

I honestly am not sure if this sort of build is already out there with an established name but here goes.
The concept is that you generate advantage via Magician of Faith and Dekoichi as you repeatedly use Book of Moon tools that flip them up/down and bring them back with stuff like Shallow Grave. Meanwhile, the Shallow Grave's opp revival is taken care of via Mystic Swordsman, Nobleman, or Lava Golem. Lava Golem also being absorbent via Thousand-Eyes Restrict of course. As always the space is tight so even though I'd like to make use of Night Assailant or Delinquent Duo or even tech a copy of Monster Reincarnation for eternal Lava Golem/Monarch shenanigans, I am unsure on what to drop....

HUR6V7c.png

Monsters ( 16 ):
3 x Lava Golem
3 x Thestalos the Fire Monarch
2 x Mystic Swordsman LV2
2 x Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive
2 x Magician of Faith
1 x Mobius the Frost Monarch
1 x Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 x Tsukuyomi
1 x Sangan

Spells ( 18 )
3 x The Shallow Grave
2 x Swords of Revealing Light
2 x Book of Moon
2 x Scapegoats
2 x Metamorphosis
2 x Nobleman of Crossout
1 x Pot of Greed
1 x Graceful Charity
1 x Giant Trunade
1 x Mystical Space Typhoon
1 x Premature Burial

Traps ( 6 )
2 x Desert Sunlight
2 x Nightmare Wheel
1 x Call of the Haunted
1 x Ring of Destruction

Extra Deck ( 11 )
3 x Thousand-Eyes Restrict
2 x Ryu-Senshi
2 x Gatling Dragon
2 x Dark Blade the Dragon Knight
1 x Dragonness the Wicked Knight
1 x Flame Ghost

(options pending for Ojama King, Dark Balter the Terrible, Reaper on the Nightmare, and Fiend Skull Dragon in this Extra Deck, I just didn't think about them when I was editing this at DuelingBook, and the deck doesn't have Brain Control/Snatch Steal/Enemy Controller/Falling Down or anything of the sort so can't quite abuse them via Metamorphosis... working on that too)

I believe there's space here for 3 Penguin Acroba--- SHOT

I'd like to point out that you forgot to add the Fusion Monsters in your List. I'm sure most veterans of YGO can distinguish them, but some people (myself included) can't, or kinda know who they are but can't remember their names to check their effects, so please add that n.n

The current list seems A-OK, but I'll give my two cents.

I'm unsure about having that many Level 5+ mobs. Yep, I'm counting the Lava Golems. People will be on guard after seeing one/realizing the strategy of the Deck, and it'll become difficult for you to summon them easily. You could easily end up with a hand full of Tribute mobs. For as cool as Thestalos might be, I'd remove 1 and make space for the always annoying Snatch Steal, it's just too versatile, and you can even avoid giving LP to your opponent by flipping the card face-down, though one of the main functions would be something like: "Oh, how cute, so you only have 1 mob so I can't Summon, Lava Golem? Snatch, Tribute, Summon Mobius, GG". There's also the good 'ol Creature Swap to consider, and I wouldn't say no to... SIGH... Gravity Bind/Limit Area B. Honestly, given that this deck might sneak in some hits to complement the Lava damage, perhaps you could go for a funny tech with Chick The Yellow, your Swords and Premature will approve, and the opponent's mob Summoned by Shallow Grave  will be more than happy to return to your hand.

3 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I believe there's space here for 3 Penguin Acroba--- SHOT

I'd like to point out that you forgot to add the Fusion Monsters in your List. I'm sure most veterans of YGO can distinguish them, but some people (myself included) can't, or kinda know who they are but can't remember their names to check their effects, so please add that n.n

The current list seems A-OK, but I'll give my two cents.

I'm unsure about having that many Level 5+ mobs. Yep, I'm counting the Lava Golems. People will be on guard after seeing one/realizing the strategy of the Deck, and it'll become difficult for you to summon them easily. You could easily end up with a hand full of Tribute mobs. For as cool as Thestalos might be, I'd remove 1 and make space for the always annoying Snatch Steal, it's just too versatile, and you can even avoid giving LP to your opponent by flipping the card face-down, though one of the main functions would be something like: "Oh, how cute, so you only have 1 mob so I can't Summon, Lava Golem? Snatch, Tribute, Summon Mobius, GG". There's also the good 'ol Creature Swap to consider, and I wouldn't say no to... SIGH... Gravity Bind/Limit Area B. Honestly, given that this deck might sneak in some hits to complement the Lava damage, perhaps you could go for a funny tech with Chick The Yellow, your Swords and Premature will approve, and the opponent's mob Summoned by Shallow Grave  will be more than happy to return to your hand.

Penguin Acrobat would be amazing this format. A quick play "Book of Taiyou" that allows me to re-set the FLIP afterwards.
Though I am left unsure on if your card would be able to fizzle Nobleman of Crossout (it does alter the target but then it leaves it back as it was before.... though it waits after the flips resolution to do so).

Ah yeah, sorry about that. Lazyness from my end because my Extra Deck is essentially the exact same pile for all the format.... and this format predates the limit size of the Extra Deck so technically speaking you could back then pull any Fusion out of your binder xD
I'll add the list for the Extra then.

Lava Golem's surprise gets ruined after your opponent sees the second copy (if you drop just 1 they might think it is a nasty tech but not much else). Though even if they play conservatively, you revive a monster on their side with "Shallow Grave" and get the second Tribute that way, while in theory Shallow Grave also gives you your own revived FLIP so you'd be nullifying both cards' drawbacks so long as you draw into both (yes Shallow Grave isn't an optional revive).

I can probably get behind reducing Thestalos and even Lava Golem to 2 each, but to be honest, so far it hasn't given me any dead hands.
The Flips draw into your Deck and swords and scapegoats stall long enough for you to usually turn a goat into Thousand-Eyes Restrict or get into the reviving plays, so it has a lot more Special Summon than it looks like. I thought about Card Destruction but I don't run any discard cushion engines (Thunder Dragon, Night Assailant, Sinister Serpent) so it is a bit of a tough bit.... I could also replace the 3rd copies of the tribute monsters with something as easy as the semi-limited Upstart Goblin, and/or even accomodate that Monster Reincaranation I've been wanting to put in.

Odd trivia but: I find my FLIP I very much like them all at 2 in this format. Nobleman of Crossout cripples my low level options a lot less that way, and all FLIPS no matter how good seem to potentially clog so it seems like a win ratio for me.

Ah, EDIT (almost forgot) currently testing things with replacing the Nightmare Wheels so I do have some space after all.

Since you're not running a lot of flips, Desert Sunlight becomes pretty moot and often dead. Also, if you don't need the LIGHT monsters for BLS, you may as well run 3 Faiths. The main only reason people don't usually run 3 is because if it gets NoC'd they might not be able to get more LIGHT monsters for their BLS or Sorc.

Archived