A weird different Yu Gi Oh AU

HQCardmaker

In this AU, Maximillion Pegasus is Yugi's great great grandpa. Somehow. He created a special kind of card that has the following effect or effect text too, from a dream long before finding out what they are (or whatever Problem-Solving Text fits the aim/definition of what is typed.):

"If this Monster is face-up on the Field with a face-up "Slifer, the Sky Dragon", "Winged Dragon of Ra", or  "Obelisk, the Tormentor", Target one of them regardless of their effect, influence, and original priority; this Monster's effect becomes equal to its with all references managed to fit this card."

In this world, this Pegasus created a contest -- whoever makes a Spirit Toon Monster Card with the best image gets to have that card added to the game as well as a card with any card effect of their choosing, Pegasus's mastery of balancing the card game barring of course. The story almost ends via intermission in a cliff-hanger as shock is placed on Pegasus twice, once for seeing a prophecy picture used for the artwork of the contest winner (upon inspecting it further than once entered of course), and that the effect text is so elegant and simple, yet so delicate on the effect of the second card that even the Millennium Eye spirit fears it. Oh, and in this world, The Millennium Eye has a spirit, just like the Millennium Puzzle. It isn't stated in the story what the effect is, just that Pegasus fears it. He kidnaps Grandpa and challenges Yugi Moto to prepare him as a result in one timeline. In another, he searches the dessert and finds a rouge Duelist that could help him that is immune to the Millennium Eye, and maybe even another Millennium Item. But he has to win a Duel (without cheating) to get his/her help. If this Pegasus does, he'll get a card that can stop this trio of cards in its tracks -- the Heaven-Splitters. The two people by the name of Pegasus in these branching timelines become one and battle it out in the merged Earth they now call home. Their fused selves appear in the artwork of this new card they obtained, holding the card in the image. They hold a Duel with the guy trying to collect the Heaven-Splitters and-- what is next is left up to the imagination (or the reader complains that the story is over at such a moment.) Don't worry about death either, because this fusion of two people by the name "Maximillion Pegasus" has both members of the fusion live to be great great great great grandpas of someone, but not a generation further. Sorry, readers. If these guys of the same name are to be heroes in even a remote sense, they have to by the unwritten law of entropy die at some point, or else there is no tension from what I can see. It is either that, or they give up their company.

As you can tell, the story is heavy on "missing elements"; not a lot is described, only stated. Basically the cards if you look at these cards in "the Duel Monsters anime", as you might call it in an AU where this AU is just a story, they would show effect text similar to the collector's-only versions of the God Cards. The story would be heavy on expression rather than description -- if you are in to that sort of thing.

If the story is too weird, there is an alternate possibility up for discussion: Just leave the part about making a card that can mimic the effect of a God Card in, and omit the rest in that case, leaving the setting unchanged. Feel free to discuss both versions here and what elements you would add.

I don't think this was posted in a wrong section, don't worry.

HQ, let me say you have quite the imaginative mind. Your card ideas are always pretty original, and often are very complex, sometimes per se, and sometimes because they're a little hard to understand, precisely due to some faults in PSCT. As per the main card of Pegasus... welp, it has some terms I have never seen before, you'd need to explain to us what's the meaning of "influence" or "original meaning". I also read the story synopsis, but I'd prefer to clafiry the effect of the card before going any further.

See you around!

Sure thing. Sometimes an effect on a card will be impervious to actions done to negate or override them. This influence is normally not remediable as the "impervioushood" of something being, well, impervious to dilution and erasure, is very durable. Any "impervioushood" is durable actually. Saying to disregard that influence bypasses that, kinda like how Illiaster is magic glue in Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. Effects also have a starting priority; something that tells an effect when it will happen when effects are put together. And if an effect was just copied and it still referred to its original origin then that won't do, so references are altered to fit the card they are really for: the copied effect's new home; the card copying the effect. To deviate from Yu-Gi-Oh talk, if an effect said "All Shudderwocks have muscles" and you want it to say "All Clone Tutors have muscles", you don't want the card to just copy an effect that says "All Shudderwocks have muscles"; you want to change the references.

Also, I know impervioushood isn't a word, but let us say it is to make reading this easier.

19 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

"If this Monster is face-up on the Field with a face-up "Slifer, the Sky Dragon", "Winged Dragon of Ra", or  "Obelisk, the Tormentor", Target one of them regardless of their effect, influence, and original priority; this Monster's effect becomes equal to its with all references managed to fit this card."

If this card is special summoned while you control a face-up Divine monster, Target one of them; this card gains the targeted monster's effect.

Toon priestess

level 6 LIGHT

fusion/spirit//toon/spellcaster/effect

4000/0

1 toon + 1 spirit

Must be fusion summoned by returning the above cards you control to the hand while toon world is in play. If this card is fusion summoned; special summon one spirit monster from your GY it is treated as a toon monster. During the end phase after the summon of this card return it to the extra deck.

(I know I shouldn't post cards in other peoples threads I just didn't want to make another post linking to this one. Also a monster with 5 types!) also sry for making 2 seperate posts.

1 minute ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Toon priestess

level 6 LIGHT

fusion/spirit//toon/spellcaster/effect

4000/0

1 toon + 1 spirit

Must be fusion summoned by returning the above cards you control to the hand while toon world is in play. If this card is fusion summoned; special summon one spirit monster from your GY it is treated as a toon monster. During the end phase after the summon of this card return it to the extra deck.

(I know I shouldn't post cards in other peoples threads I just didn't want to make another post linking to this one. Also a monster with 5 types!)

I can imagine Maximillion Pegasus of this AU saying "You're hired." to something like this. Looks cool. Also the premise you mentioned earlier about how the effect text is really just our text in disguise at worst and a mistake of mine at best really hits home. What if Pegasus was running his PSCT wrong all along? But I think that is an idea for another AU.

15 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

Sure thing. Sometimes an effect on a card will be impervious to actions done to negate or override them. This influence is normally not remediable as the "impervioushood" of something being, well, impervious to dilution and erasure, is very durable. Any "impervioushood" is durable actually. Saying to disregard that influence bypasses that, kinda like how Illiaster is magic glue in Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. Effects also have a starting priority; something that tells an effect when it will happen when effects are put together. And if an effect was just copied and it still referred to its original origin then that won't do, so references are altered to fit the card they are really for: the copied effect's new home; the card copying the effect. To deviate from Yu-Gi-Oh talk, if an effect said "All Shudderwocks have muscles" and you want it to say "All Clone Tutors have muscles", you don't want the card to just copy an effect that says "All Shudderwocks have muscles"; you want to change the references.

Also, I know impervioushood isn't a word, but let us say it is to make reading this easier.

It's actually funny you mention this because, there is a ruling that corresponds to this and it existed before PSCT (but remains in effect with PSCT).  For cards with Hard OPTs, if you copy the effect, the Hard Once Per Turn limitation also gets transferred (despite the name of the monster changing).  I believe this ruling was made with "Fairy Archer".

To make this ruling easier to understand, in japanese the Hard Once Per Turn is translated as "you can only use the effect of this card's name once per turn".  Instead of listing the actual card name, they say "this card's name" so that even if the effect gets copied, the limitation would apply to the new monster.

Oh, btw, Rouge =/= Rogue.  It's something that I see mixed up a lot. 😋

Archived