Gradius or B.E.S.? [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Gradius EX

LIGHT ****

Scale: 4<>4

Machine/Pendulum/Effect

PE: Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Machine monster with 1200 ATK from your hand. LIGHT Machine monsters with 1200 original ATK gain 800 ATK and they cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects.

ME: If a LIGHT Machine monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; destroy it. If another LIGHT Machine monster declares an attack: Special Summon 1 Option EX Token". Its Type, Attribute, Level, and ATK/DEF are always the same as this card, but destroy it if this card is no longer face-up on the field. You can only use each effect of "Gradius EX" once per turn.

1200/1200

B.E.S. Constructed Core

LIGHT 6*

Scale: 9<>9

Machine/Pendulum/Effect

PE: You can Special Summon 1 "B.E.S." monster from your hand, and if you do, place 1 counter on it. You can target 1 Spell/Trap you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; return those targets to the hand. You can only use each effect of "B.E.S. Constructed Core" once per turn.

ME: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can change this card's battle position, regardless, put 3 counters on it. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked, remove 1 counter from this card at the end of the Damage Step. If you cannot, destroy it. Once per turn: You can remove 2 counters from this card and target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

1800/2400

Random Pendulums for a random series + archetype.

Funny, around the time playing YGO Tag Force with my dad back then, i always thought B.E.S. is the rarest cards given how expensive the card packs on the shop (most expensive than any other packs) along with Destiny HERO, and we tried to build B.E.S. deck, but so hard to think about when Boss Rush stops NS xD

Making the pendulum support is actually clever, way to make a monster, yet at the same time, can be used as a "kind of" Continuous Spell as a scale.

> Gradius EX : Gradius support is always welcomed, PE effect is good, and combined with Vic Viper, you get a whooping 2000 ATK bonus for a 3200 ATK beatstick on each plane you control, the protection from monster effect is icing on the cake, and given how prevalent the disruption nowadays using quick effect of monsters, this helps a lot to ensure the combo goes well and they're (the planes) can go brrrr shot 'em enemies. As for ME, it's good that you don't need to destroy the said opponent monsters, as by inflicting battle damage alone is enough, but, as for the S/T removal on attack declaration, i guess it's okay effect? Was expecting something like free tutor from deck/SS them, but your opponent can summon free token or something, you can go more beatings with Victory Viper/Lord British you Summoned from Deck > destroy the opponent's token, Summon another free token for another beatings, but i guess that's too strong?

> B.E.S. Constructed Core : PE, another free SS, and with Zelos, you have a free 2 body each turn, given you have both this and Zelos, the bounce is clever to avoid Boss Rush restriction of no NS, so good. ME is okay-ish, you get a free removal on NS, but a Normal Spaceship when SS'd, nothing else to say. My suggestion maybe, make Constructed Core can remove 2 counters from B.E.S. monsters anywhere on the field, but anyway, the card is already good the way it is.

Quite sad that Gradius and friends has utterly specific support S/T for each of their plane, and B.E.S. lacks any in-archetype searcher for it to be at least decent or consistent.

Archived