One-Hit Wonderman [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

One-Hit Wonderman (One-Shot Wonderman?)

LIGHT ****

Thunder/Effect

If this card is Summoned: You can banish 1 card on the field. This effect cannot be negated. You can only activate this effect of "One-Hit Wonderman" once per Duel.

2000/0

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCH

its great

on summon, non-target, non-destruction removal, and quite searchable to a degree it almost warrant the OPD restriction put on it

if anything, maybe push its power a little bit more? given there quite a lot of negation going on? to be fair, im not really sure maybe cannot be responded by card/effects that activate as chain link 3 so your opponent only got one shot prevent this epic man to resolved

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking about buffing it but I couldn't really think of a good way of going about it. Making it "Spell Speed 4" is much too strong, LP gain/burn seems too underwhelming, and I can't really justify any effect that would alter card advantage further.

I was considering some kind of effect that would treat it as a Normal Monster (in hand/Deck/GY) after activating its effect, but that would probably be a pretty experimental effect.

I think your suggestion is pretty solid. It limits the strength of "Spell Speed 4", but it might be a bit overbalanced. It's hard to get this effect as Chain Link 2 and there aren't many CL3+ cards that directly respond to this card while it is CL1. 

I suppose that's probably the best and simplest additional effect.  The opponent can still do things - try to manipulate the board so their best card doesn't get banished - but the result is still that something inevitably gets removed.

Thanks!

Archived