Young Earth Creation

Horu

So I bet I can debunk young earth creation simply by using the bible and math. No science. Just going to use the bible and the timeline provided.

If I can indeed prove that the earth is older than 6000 years, I want every young earth creationist to consider applying science to certain parts of the tell me if it makes a lot more sense.

frankly, i don't think it needs this kind of scrutiny, because the young earth creation cause is kind of rendered redundant, by a source no more revered than Genesis itself. if we just look at how words are used and repeated in the creation account in Genesis, God is credited with creation in each of the six days, while the exact date isn't nearly as insisted on if i remember correctly. you can take this any number of ways, but personally i take this to mean that genesis is about the who rather than the when, and so those people who dedicate their time and identity to young earth creation are missing the point, regardless of if you use literalism, allegory, metaphor, or any other bible interpretation.

if there's something i missed, feel free to post, but i think i've said all i have to say for now.

I realized that my math was off in actually calculating how time passes in heaven. The bible says "a day" but if we go back to Geneisis, it says "the morning and the evening were the X day". So it just hit me that the measurement Moses gave was based on a 12hr period. This means that a complete 24hrs in Heaven is quite literally 2000yrs on earth. Also, I'd like to suggest that the days in the beginning of Genesis are "days in heaven" as opposed to "days on earth". Remember, the sun/moon/stars weren't created until the second day. So for the first day, there was no way to measure time on earth.

18 minutes ago, Horu said:

I realized that my math was off in actually calculating how time passes in heaven. The bible says "a day" but if we go back to Geneisis, it says "the morning and the evening were the X day". So it just hit me that the measurement Moses gave was based on a 12hr period. This means that a complete 24hrs in Heaven is quite literally 2000yrs on earth. Also, I'd like to suggest that the days in the beginning of Genesis are "days in heaven" as opposed to "days on earth". Remember, the sun/moon/stars weren't created until the second day. So for the first day, there was no way to measure time on earth.

although my position from post 1 is unchanged, i'm assuming somewhere leaning toward literalism with some figurative wiggle room. also isn't Moses an Exodus figure?

EDIT: imma try and stop postin here, i got work to do

Yeah, Moses is an Exodus character but he is the one that explained how relative time is between heaven and earth. So before I considered that the Jews only measure a day as the 12hr span between sunrise and sunset, I was considering 24hrs in heaven being equal to 1000yrs on earth. That being said, I now realized the error in my math and the correction is 24hrs in heaven is 2000yrs on earth. Kinda disturbing that the longest lifespan ever recorded in a historical text didn't even last a full 12hrs to God. Also, trying to comprehend the level of gravity on this supermassive world is insane.

Archived