Show me your favorite

Horu

You already commented on my topic where I posted this but ignored this card in particular, here is its second chance at glory! Thank you.

No, I choose!

Continuous trap

Must be activated in response to an effect with a choice or random effect (targeting, sending, coin toss, dice roll, pick an effect). Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to the activation of any effect on this card. When your opponent activates an effect with a random effect or would make a choice: banish one card of the same type (monster spell trap) as the card with the activated effect; you can make an appropriate decision (play out the effect as if you were in your opponent's position), then your opponent draws a card. When you activate an effect with a random effect or would make a choice: banish one card of the same type (monster spell trap) as the card with the activated effect; you can make an appropriate decision (play out the effect as if you were in your opponent's position), then draw a card. 

made some modifications.

To clarify

- A choice would include: multiple effects on a card that meet their activation requirement, selecting cards to send or target when their is more then just one possible outcome, when ordering cards on top or bottom of the deck, the choice to shake hands, etc.

-Random would include: dice roll, coin toss, rock paper scissors (this counts as random because otherwise both players would have a "choice")

- you cannot activate this card if you cannot resolve an opponent's effect using public knowledge cards

- "you can" effects can be decided to not be used and "up to" effects you can choose 1 to the max

- you cannot decide cost

- If a monster would be special summoned during the duration of this card effect the current user of the effect decides which zones those monsters are summoned to.

-The card played well in testing (not too OP but a game changer)

- I would love to explain rulings involving this card (can I set up a forum or something?)

Yeah, deciding what's my favourite creation is rather hard. But after musing it for a while, I decided for:

Pippola Ascending Artist.jpg

Pippola, Ascending Artist

LIGHT                               Level 1

Warrior     /    Tuner     /    Effect

During either player's turn, if you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During the turn this card was Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "White Canvas Token" (Plant/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). It cannot be used as Tribute or material, also destroy it if this card leaves the field. Each time a monster effect is activated, you can note it, as well as the Level/Rank/Link Rating of the monster. (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP and send 1 White Canvas Token to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Living Art Token" (Fairy/LIGHT) with ATK/DEF equal to the number of noted monster effect activations x 600 (max. 3000) and Level equal to any noted Level/Rank/Link Rating. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's attacks or card effects while you control a Token Summoned by this card's effect.

ATK 100 / DEF 1500

When I first got back to YCM and had begun to interact on the forum side, I'd begun writing a story where one of my brothers was a ygo protagonist. This card was meant to be his ace monster, and it holds quite a bit of sentiment to me.

createcard.jpeg.33e52180b525eb01aa71fa938708b99c.jpeg

When this card is Summoned, flip all cards in your Graveyard and are removed from play face-down.  All cards that are sent to the Graveyard or are removed from play are flipped face-down.  If this card is destroyed, you may draw a card and reveal it; if it is a Spell and its activation timing is correct, you may activate it at this time.

I've left everything the same, though I probably should polish up the wording and correct its level (it was level 7 in the story).

vjcxjCR.jpg

Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything

FIRE / Level 8 / Dragon / Gemini

This card is card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possession. While this card is face-up on the field, You can either Normal or Tribute Summon it to have it treated as Effect Monster with this effect

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.  While you control this Tribute Summoned monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 2000 LP; skip to the start of that same phase of your next turn, but you cannot Summon, attack, or activate the effect(s) of monsters that turn, except Gemini monsters, also, you cannot use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" until the end of that turn.

ATK 2900 / DEF 2000

Still one of my favorite creation

On 8/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, Tinkerer said:

When I first got back to YCM and had begun to interact on the forum side, I'd begun writing a story where one of my brothers was a ygo protagonist. This card was meant to be his ace monster, and it holds quite a bit of sentiment to me.

createcard.jpeg.33e52180b525eb01aa71fa938708b99c.jpeg

I've left everything the same, though I probably should polish up the wording and correct its level (it was level 7 in the story).

Tinkerer won because of the value this card holds for him.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah, deciding what's my favourite creation is rather hard. But after musing it for a while, I decided for:

Pippola Ascending Artist.jpg

Pippola, Ascending Artist

LIGHT                               Level 1

Warrior     /    Tuner     /    Effect

During either player's turn, if you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During the turn this card was Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "White Canvas Token" (Plant/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). It cannot be used as Tribute or material, also destroy it if this card leaves the field. Each time a monster effect is activated, you can note it, as well as the Level/Rank/Link Rating of the monster. (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP and send 1 White Canvas Token to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Living Art Token" (Fairy/LIGHT) with ATK/DEF equal to the number of noted monster effect activations x 600 (max. 3000) and Level equal to any noted Level/Rank/Link Rating. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's attacks or card effects while you control a Token Summoned by this card's effect.

ATK 100 / DEF 1500

The silver medal goes to Rayfield for not only choosing a favorite (as I'm sure was a hard decision), but also for presenting a pretty balanced card.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

You already commented on my topic where I posted this but ignored this card in particular, here is its second chance at glory! Thank you.

No, I choose!

Continuous trap

Must be activated in response to an effect with a choice or random effect (targeting, sending, coin toss, dice roll, pick an effect). Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to the activation of any effect on this card. When your opponent activates an effect with a random effect or would make a choice: banish one card of the same type (monster spell trap) as the card with the activated effect; you can make an appropriate decision (play out the effect as if you were in your opponent's position), then your opponent draws a card. When you activate an effect with a random effect or would make a choice: banish one card of the same type (monster spell trap) as the card with the activated effect; you can make an appropriate decision (play out the effect as if you were in your opponent's position), then draw a card. 

made some modifications.

To clarify

- A choice would include: multiple effects on a card that meet their activation requirement, selecting cards to send or target when their is more then just one possible outcome, when ordering cards on top or bottom of the deck, the choice to shake hands, etc.

-Random would include: dice roll, coin toss, rock paper scissors (this counts as random because otherwise both players would have a "choice")

- you cannot activate this card if you cannot resolve an opponent's effect using public knowledge cards

- "you can" effects can be decided to not be used and "up to" effects you can choose 1 to the max

- you cannot decide cost

- If a monster would be special summoned during the duration of this card effect the current user of the effect decides which zones those monsters are summoned to.

-The card played well in testing (not too OP but a game changer)

- I would love to explain rulings involving this card (can I set up a forum or something?)

Itsu got the bronze for presenting his favorite of a series of cards that I really enjoyed the many possible playstyles it can work with.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:48 AM, Dokutah Jolly said:

vjcxjCR.jpg

Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything

FIRE / Level 8 / Dragon / Gemini

This card is card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Possession. While this card is face-up on the field, You can either Normal or Tribute Summon it to have it treated as Effect Monster with this effect

● Monsters that used a Gemini monster(s) as a Tribute(s) or Material(s) cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Each time a card(s) is sent to the GY by battle or by the effect of a Gemini monster, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.  While you control this Tribute Summoned monster at the end of your Draw Phase, Main Phase 1, or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can pay 2000 LP; skip to the start of that same phase of your next turn, but you cannot Summon, attack, or activate the effect(s) of monsters that turn, except Gemini monsters, also, you cannot use this effect of "Chthoniankaiser Dragon - the Ender of Everything" until the end of that turn.

ATK 2900 / DEF 2000

Still one of my favorite creation

This took fourth because while it is balanced, it works with one of favorite playstyles and it is even capable of protecting itself via it's own effect and that's something I always appreciate. It just has that secondary ace feel to it that I really like.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, IBRAHIM THE LEGEND said:

Well there is a LOT of cards that I like but this is my favourite and also it's my first created card ever (I know it's a bit op but it's still my favourite)

776725912_createcard(1).jpg.670cf4889dd5b6243846858631d03f5e.jpg

This card came in last for a few reasons and while it seems like it'd be a powerful card, it doesn't really fit the Dark Magician playstyle and while it is a boss monster, omni-negates really tend to bug me. "This card gains the total ATK/DEF of all banished Spellcaster monsters", not only the tributes, ALL banished Spellcasters. That being said, this thing fits best in a Chaos deck where you can just banish Spellcasters left and right for big summons then banish 5 more Spellcasters to have this thing approaching 20k ATK/DEF on summon. But yeah, if this were a bit more balanced, it'd definitely be a great card.

Archived