Creating something unfair (Revolute archetype)

Kanashimi

Just a song for you guys to listen while reading 😊

Like the title said, trying to make archetype with some unfair effects.

Explanation, Revolute, a portmanteau of Revolution and Absolute, is a group of modern warmonger, they will do everything to ensure that a conflict is occurring, even if the enemy is surrendering, they will find a way to make sure enemy is ripped out of their power and eventually, taking over them. They believe that war is a stage for them to see the death, the survivor, and a sparkling miracle shine through the battlefield. Peace is just a sweet faith in an unrealistically cruel world, even achieving this so called "peace", tribute is necessary, by that means war against those who oppose the idea.

By unfair, means, they have a shenanigans of strong +2 effects, with a gimmick "Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card can attack your opponent directly." while they have low ATK to balance out. they also has bonus effect when inflicting battle damage, tho it's a small effects that hardly change the gamestate/boardstate.

So far, they have no ED monsters, and more to come, but idk, i am still unsure if the archetype itself is okay as an idea, hence it's in the casual section.

Sooo thoughts?

3cTeyLo.png

Sephtis, the Revolute Dealer

EARTH/Level 2

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Revolute" monsters (1 from your hand and/or 1 from your GY). Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card can attack your opponent directly. You can only use this effect of "Sephtis, the Revolute Dealer" once per turn. If this card inflict battle damage to your opponent's LP: You can target 1 monster on the field; it loses 500 ATK and DEF.

800/900

6r2DahD.png

Deianira, the Revolute Arms

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add up to 2 "Revolute" cards from your Deck to your hand, except "Deianira, the Revolute Arms". Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card can attack your opponent directly. You can only use this effect of "Deianira, the Revolute Arms" once per turn. If this card inflict battle damage to your opponent's LP: You can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; return it to the hand.

600/1800

RwcTjcc.png

Brona, the Revolute Magica

EARTH/Level 3

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can shuffle 3 cards from your GY into the Deck (including at least 1 "Revolute" card), and if you do, draw 2 cards. Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card can attack your opponent directly. You can only use this effect of "Brona, the Revolute Magica" once per turn. If this card inflict battle damage to your opponent's LP: You can target 1 card in your opponent's GY; banish it.

700/1100

isX3Joj.png

Abel, the Revolute Precursor

EARTH/Level 5

Warrior/Effect

If an effect of a "Revolute" card you control is negated: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. The effects of "Revolute" monster you control cannot be negated, except by its own effect. If "Revolute" monster you control inflict battle damage to your opponent's LP, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Abel, the Revolute Precursor" twice per turn.

2300/1800

9Steri1.png

Erebus, the Revolute Weapon

EARTH/Level 7

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy it. Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card gains 500 ATK. You can only use this effect of "Erebus, the Revolute Weapon" once per turn. If your opponent would discard a card to negate the effect of a "Revolute" monster, except "Erebus, the Revolute Weapon", your opponent must send 1 monster they control to the GY instead.

2500/2500

jU4VPcp.png

Barghest, the Revolute Hound

FIRE/Level 6

Beast/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: If you control no "Revolute" monster, inflict 1000 damage to your LP, otherwise this card's ATK is doubled. Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, this card can attack your opponent directly. You can only use this effect of "Barghest, the Revolute Hound" once per turn. If this card inflict battle damage to your opponent's LP: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effect until the End Phase.

1600/2400

BFIcsbR.png

Revolutear Aggression

Spell/Field

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Revolute" monster from your Deck to your hand, then if you has more cards in your hand and you control than your opponent's, shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck. If an effect of a "Revolute" card you control is negated: You can Special Summon 1 "Revolute" monster with a different names than you control from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Revolutear Aggression" once per turn.

uAZrMSK.png

Revolutear Fiendish Pact

Spell/Continuous

If you control a "Revolute" monster: You can target 1 monster on the field; Tribute it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Barghest, the Revolute Hound" from your hand or Deck to the player's field whose monster is Tributed, then the player who control that monster draw 1 card. Your opponent can negate this effect by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do, all monsters you currently control gains 500 ATK. You can only use this effect of "Revolutear Fiendish Pact" once per turn.

Tiny thing to fix in most cards: ...by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do --> by discarding 1 card from their hand, and if they do

Revolutear Aggression requires some better redaction.

then if you has more cards in your hand and you control than your opponent's   <--- current, but it's pretty ambiguous. than your opponent's, it says, but what? the combined amount vs the combined amount? Your cards in hand and field combined vs the cards your opponent controls? I think this is the case, so I'll try it with it

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Revolute" monster from your Deck to your hand, then, if you have more cards in your hand and field combined than the number of cards your opponent controls...

I think I can spot one or two more things, but since I couldn't find any source to back-up my theories, I'll remain at this.

As per the archetype: Yeah, unfair should be the right word xD. The basic effects are extremely potent (double special, double add, shuffle and 2 draws, OMG), and giving the opponent the fake feeling of yay, I can negate this, but the problem comes when the cost is 1 card from hard, AND 1 Tribute if you control Erebus, AND even if they do, the cards get "mild effects", but not as mild when you consider that, if they inflict dagame, Abel has his fun, and twice even. All of this is an evil trap with little chance to escape. The only thing this archetype is missing is a card that forces your opponent to negate your effects xD. That would be evil. But Kana be evil, so it might be a bad idea to mention it... oh well xP

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Tiny thing to fix in most cards: ...by discarding 1 card from their hand, if they do --> by discarding 1 card from their hand, and if they do

Ah yes, lmao why am i so dumb

Revolutear Aggression requires some better redaction.

then if you has more cards in your hand and you control than your opponent's   <--- current, but it's pretty ambiguous. than your opponent's, it says, but what? the combined amount vs the combined amount? Your cards in hand and field combined vs the cards your opponent controls? I think this is the case, so I'll try it with it

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Revolute" monster from your Deck to your hand, then, if you have more cards in your hand and field combined than the number of cards your opponent controls...

Like what it is said "has more cards in your hand and you control than your opponent's", so yes combined amount vs combined amount. It was a way to balance out because i kinda despise a field that straight +1 on activation, feels so lazy imo, while this, it can +1 same, if you are resources behind the opponent, otherwise just +0 tutor.

As per the archetype: Yeah, unfair should be the right word xD. The basic effects are extremely potent (double special, double add, shuffle and 2 draws, OMG), and giving the opponent the fake feeling of yay, I can negate this, but the problem comes when the cost is 1 card from hard, AND 1 Tribute if you control Erebus, AND even if they do, the cards get "mild effects", but not as mild when you consider that, if they inflict dagame, Abel has his fun, and twice even. All of this is an evil trap with little chance to escape. The only thing this archetype is missing is a card that forces your opponent to negate your effects xD. That would be evil. But Kana be evil, so it might be a bad idea to mention it... oh well xP

Actually plan on making that exact thing, but i am still confused because of i have 2 options, either 1) make your opponent always negate, or else penalty 2) optional you can discard instead of opponent to negate, but then draw 1 card to mitigate the -1. Also umm . . .

. . . so it might be a bad idea to mention it... oh well xP

But Kana be evil

. . . .

Well you did mention . . .

. . .

davy-jones-pirates-of-the-caribean.gif

Thanks for the reply @Rayfield Lumina, i appreaciate it~

13 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

davy-jones-pirates-of-the-caribean.gif

827362729324445769.png?v=1 dun wanna die!

16 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Like what it is said "has more cards in your hand and you control than your opponent's", so yes combined amount vs combined amount. It was a way to balance out because i kinda despise a field that straight +1 on activation, feels so lazy imo, while this, it can +1 same, if you are resources behind the opponent, otherwise just +0 tutor.

Alrighty then:

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Revolute" monster from your Deck to your hand, then, if you have more cards in your hand and field combined than the number of cards in your opponent's hand and field combined...

I've also seen the usage of "total", as in "if you have ore cards total in your hand and field, etc. I really don't know when each of these is used, but my suggestion should work, at least.

16 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Actually plan on making that exact thing, but i am still confused because of i have 2 options, either 1) make your opponent always negate, or else penalty 2) optional you can discard instead of opponent to negate, but then draw 1 card to mitigate the -1.

Second possibility sounds convoluted, imo. IF this archetype was fair, my suggestion would be, a continuous Spell or monster effect that forces negation, but with a maintenance cost or it dies during the End Phase. Something like 300 LP, nothing too steep.

19 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

For slight fairness increase maybe the low levels only get their effects on normal summon and the high levels on special summon? Also Each Monster can only be summoned once per turn?

My goodness, Itsu, what kind of blasphemy are you insinuating here? Slight fairness? Didn't we establish already Erika Mishima is evil as heck? xD

Now, seriously, limiting some effects to Normal Summoning seems like good stuff. I'm scared of the swarming and chainable potential these guys have, even if the Special Summons from Deck are limited to the Spells (right now). Hard to balance, tbh, but I think Erika's intention from the start is unfairness, so I wouldn't go past this. Heck, even the second suggestion, 1 SS of each member per turn sounds less restrictive than the Normal Summon one, so I'd take that one for the sake of evilness, if one had to be implemented

On 9/3/2021 at 4:55 AM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

For slight fairness increase maybe the low levels only get their effects on normal summon and the high levels on special summon? Also Each Monster can only be summoned once per turn?

On 9/4/2021 at 12:45 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

My goodness, Itsu, what kind of blasphemy are you insinuating here? Slight fairness? Didn't we establish already Erika Mishima is evil as heck? xD

Now, seriously, limiting some effects to Normal Summoning seems like good stuff. I'm scared of the swarming and chainable potential these guys have, even if the Special Summons from Deck are limited to the Spells (right now). Hard to balance, tbh, but I think Erika's intention from the start is unfairness, so I wouldn't go past this. Heck, even the second suggestion, 1 SS of each member per turn sounds less restrictive than the Normal Summon one, so I'd take that one for the sake of evilness, if one had to be implemented

Alright i have a better idea, making only NS only/SS only kills the possibility of the archetype to become at least competitive, what about i change the on summon HOPT of each monsters into:

"If you activate this effect, you cannot activate the same effect of "[insert specific monster name here]" until the next End Phase."

That way, still easy to procs either NS or SS, but you can't do that each turn, only once for each 2 turns, forcing you on having the diversity members to summon and gain advantage . . . ?

7 minutes ago, Erika Mishima said:

Alright i have a better idea, making only NS only/SS only kills the possibility of the archetype to become at least competitive, what about i change the on summon HOPT of each monsters into:

"If you activate this effect, you cannot activate the same effect of "[insert specific monster name here]" until the next End Phase."

That way, still easy to procs either NS or SS, but you can't do that each turn, only once for each 2 turns, forcing you on having the diversity members to summon and gain advantage . . . ?

That would be great, but that only stops you from activating the same effect on your opponent's turn or if you activated it on your turn you can't activate it on your opponents. Not very restrictive. You didn't consider the only summon each member once per turn effect?

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

That would be great, but that only stops you from activating the same effect on your opponent's turn or if you activated it on your turn you can't activate it on your opponents. Not very restrictive. You didn't consider the only summon each member once per turn effect?

796546099824820224.png?v=1

IDK anymore. You'd be surprised at how easily some Decks can SS in your opponent's turn. This archetype is offering that only in one card so far, tho, Aggression, but without going into detail there should be plenty of options beyond even the generic stuff like Pinpoint Guard or Call of the Haunted (which are barely used nowadays, anyway). Regardless, Special Summoning in own's turn is evidently much more common and reliable. In that case, how about this:

If you activate this effect, you cannot activate the same effect of "[insert specific monster name here]"during your next turn."

This hurts more, probably, but it's hard to gauge without seeing them in action.

22 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

21 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

796546099824820224.png?v=1

IDK anymore. You'd be surprised at how easily some Decks can SS in your opponent's turn. This archetype is offering that only in one card so far, tho, Aggression, but without going into detail there should be plenty of options beyond even the generic stuff like Pinpoint Guard or Call of the Haunted (which are barely used nowadays, anyway). Regardless, Special Summoning in own's turn is evidently much more common and reliable. In that case, how about this:

If you activate this effect, you cannot activate the same effect of "[insert specific monster name here]"during your next turn."

This hurts more, probably, but it's hard to gauge without seeing them in action.

Please do remember that albeit strong effects, they have inbuilt negation, and if opponent, say negate everything i could possibly be doing, i might as well concede/surrender (if i use Revolute), because that's it, the deck is dead once you figure out the weakness (negate only on effects that the user of the deck actually need the effect, or simply use snowball deck and gain advantage later on after negating everything). On summon effect, albeit act like an illusion to trick into direct attacks effect, it actually what you need most of the time, negated fully, then you are playing a mediocre archetype that can direct damage 700-900 damage per monster.

Archived