A new ghostrick Card

Nyappyyuki

So i kinda like the Ghostrick topic even i dont play it. So here i tried myself in a new card for it

1148279247_GhostrickChaos.thumb.jpeg.50dcf9ba815dcd18e1fb6e8e324694e2.jpeg

Ghostrick Chaos

Spell Continious

When this card is activated: add one "Ghostrick"  card from your Deck or GY to your hand and if you control 2 or more "Ghostrick"monster and you added a Monster to your hand; special summon it facedown in defenseposition. If a "Ghostrick"monster is flipped, you can choose one monster your oppenents control: set it. The position of the monster cannot be changed. If this card leaves the field; set all cards on the field facedown. You can use each effect of "Ghostrick Chaos" only once per turn.

Alrighty @HonokaMadolche, though I'm 100000% opposed to you changing your name (cause it's cute xD) I'll help you with your grammar here, if you don't mind n.n

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Ghostrick" card from your Deck or GY to your hand, then, if you control 2 or more "Ghostrick monsters and the card you added to your hand was a monster, Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position. If a "Ghostrick" monster you control is flipped: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. Monsters changed to face-down Defense Position by this effect cannot change their battle positions. If this card leaves the field: Set all cards on the field. You can only use each effect of "Ghostrick Chaos" once per turn.

Seems good enough. Tons of Continuous and Field Spells have add to card effects. This one is plenty strong as it does something else, and the requirement is no that hard to fulfill, buuuut I guess it's ok. Second effect seems right on target with Ghostricks, if anything, there's one or two Ghostrick cards that prevent your opponent's Flip Summon already, so while that "and they're screwed face-down" is not out of place, it's not that necessary. Final effect is the one that makes me say, ummm... I mean, IIRC other Ghostrick Spell/Traps have penalties for the opponent if they dare to get rid of it, but changing every card on the field to face-down seems too much. Perhaps you could go for up to 2 of your cards, up to 2 of your opponent cards. IDK, just an idea.

Alright. As someone who's actually played Ghostrick....this does not help them. Sure, you can add a Ghostrick. Thinning out your Deck is not a bad effect. But they can already do that. And they certainly don't need further help setting. They can already do that just fine. What they REALLY need is more ways to Special Summon. And sure, this card can do that with this card. But...face-down, and it requires you to have more than one Ghostrick face-up already. If you ever played Ghostrick, you would know that they have so few ways of Special Summoning face-up. In short: This card would not advance the archetype at all. They'd still be no more powerful than they were in the Zexal era.

Now, if you would like to advance it....try implementing/replacing an effect. Have an effect that Special Summons Ghostrick monster(s) face-up. Or rewrite your first effect.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:19 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alright. As someone who's actually played Ghostrick....this does not help them. Sure, you can add a Ghostrick. Thinning out your Deck is not a bad effect. But they can already do that. And they certainly don't need further help setting. They can already do that just fine. What they REALLY need is more ways to Special Summon. And sure, this card can do that with this card. But...face-down, and it requires you to have more than one Ghostrick face-up already. If you ever played Ghostrick, you would know that they have so few ways of Special Summoning face-up. In short: This card would not advance the archetype at all. They'd still be no more powerful than they were in the Zexal era.

Now, if you would like to advance it....try implementing/replacing an effect. Have an effect that Special Summons Ghostrick monster(s) face-up. Or rewrite your first effect.

So thinking of changing the effect to make the card kinda more effective as support, by thinking of boths advice:

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Ghostrick" card from your Deck or GY to your hand, then, if you control 2 or more "Ghostrick"cards and the card you added to your hand was a monster, Special Summon it in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can flipp the monster in the same turn, it was Special Summoned face-down. If a "Ghostrick" monster you control is flipped: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. Monsters changed to face-down Defense Position by this effect cannot change their battle positions. If this card leaves the field: Set up to 2 cards on your oppenents side of the field. You can only use each effect of "Ghostrick Chaos" once per turn.

1 hour ago, HonokaMadolche said:

So thinking of changing the effect to make the card kinda more effective as support, by thinking of boths advice:

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Ghostrick" card from your Deck or GY to your hand, then, if you control 2 or more "Ghostrick"cards and the card you added to your hand was a monster, Special Summon it in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can flipp the monster in the same turn, it was Special Summoned face-down. If a "Ghostrick" monster you control is flipped: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. Monsters changed to face-down Defense Position by this effect cannot change their battle positions. If this card leaves the field: Set up to 2 cards on your oppenents side of the field. You can only use each effect of "Ghostrick Chaos" once per turn.

Still not enough. While the option of Special Summoning it face-up is nice, the condition is awful. "If you control 2 or more Ghostrick cards". You could argue that this card and a Field Spell could fulfill that. But ask me this: Does this archetype need such restrictions?  They are WAY too slow in the current state of the game. And this condition would only keeo them that slow.

Might I suggest this alternative condition?

"If you control no face-up monsters"

The card already has a strict "once per turn" clause, and it's not like the archetype has any means to Special Summon face-up in real life.

Archived