Blockchain: Building a Secure Deck [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This is the second archetype posted from my list.  Again, if ya want to see any particular ones from that list just go over there and post a quick comment!

I actually wrote a basic description for this archetype.  It's written in the file as follows:

Blockchain

A Level 1 Cyberse Xyz Rank-up Archetype.

The archetype relies on Ranking up and using its floating effects to rank back down if things go wrong.  However, they have a huge self-destruct button if their Rank 1 gets killed (take 3000 damage + Special Summons the highest rank monster from your GY to your opponent's board).

This one was one of my more recent additions (dated 9/7), but it is quite incomplete.  It doesn't have any main deck monsters, even though I had a couple planned.  I might start this one from scratch now that I have a better idea of the secondary gimmick I want to use.

Hashlock - Blockchain Addition
Continuous Spell
"Blockchain" monsters' effects cannot be negated.  Once per turn: You can discard 1 card and target 1 Cyberse Xyz monster you control; Xyz Summon 1 Cyberse Xyz monster that is 1 Rank higher than that target by using that target as Xyz Material (transfer its materials...), then, if you have a Cyberse Xyz monster in your GY, you can attach it to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material.  If this card is banished or sent to the GY by an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 Xyz monster you control; detach 2 Xyz Materials from that target, and if you do, Set this card.  You can only use this effect of "Hashlock - Blockchain Addition" once per turn.

Blockchain Core Node
WATER R*
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 Cyberse monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material; Set 1 "Hashlock - Blockchain Addition" from your Deck.  If you control "Hashlock - Blockchain Addition", you can Set 1 other "Blockchain" Spell/Trap instead.  If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card and sent to the GY: Take 3000 damage, then, Special Summon the highest Rank Cyberse Xyz monster from your GY to your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, attach all "Blockchain" Xyz monsters from your GY to it as Material.  You can only use each effect of "Blockchain Core Node" once per turn.
100/100

Blockchain Armor Node
EARTH R**
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
3 Level 2 Cyberse monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by battle.  A Rank 3 or higher "Blockchain" Xyz Monster using this card as Material cannot be destroyed by battle.  When this card is sent to the GY by your opponent's card effect: Special Summon 1 "Blockchain Core Node" from your GY.  If you cannot, take 1000 damage.  If this card is the only monster you control and it has no Xyz Materials: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; attach that target to this card as Xyz Material.  You can only use each effect of "Blockchain Armor Node" once per turn.
1000/1000

Blockchain Mystery Node
DARK R***
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
4 Level 3 Cyberse monsters
If this card is targeted by an opponent's card effects: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; negate that effect.  When this card is sent to the GY by your opponent's card effect: Special Summon 1 Rank 2 or lower "Blockchain" Xyz from your GY.  If you cannot, take 2000 damage.  If this card is the only monster you control and it has 1 or less Xyz Materials: You can target 1 card in your GY and 1 card in your opponent's GY; attach them to this card as Xyz Material.  You can only use each effect of "Blockchain Mystery Node" once per turn.
2000/2000

Blockchain ... Node
WIND R****
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
3000/3000

Blockchain Infinite Node
FIRE R5*
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
Cannot be Xyz Summoned.  Must first be Special Summoned using the effect of "Hashlock - Blockchain Addition".  This card can attack a number of times equal to the number of Xyz Materials.  When this card is sent to the GY by your opponent's card effect: Special Summon 1 Rank 2 or lower "Blockchain" Xyz from your GY.  If you cannot, take 4000 damage.  If this card has no Xyz Materials: You can attach all Spell/Traps your opponent controls to this card as Xyz Material.  You can only use each effect of "Blockchain Infinite Node" once per turn.
4000/4000

Blockchain Data Extraction
Trap
Detach 2 materials from a Cyberse Xyz Monster(s) you control; draw 2 cards.  Monsters whose Materials were detached by this effect cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn.

Blockchain Mining
Trap
Special Summon 1 Blockchain Xyz monster from your GY, then, attach this card and up to 1 Cyberse Xyz monster from your GY to the summoned monster as Material.  The summoned monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects this turn.

You can probably tell with this one that I usually don't have ygopro or anything open when making these.  The wording is probably all over the place 😅

If you want to take these cards/this idea and flesh it out more, feel free!

Archived