Which Archetype(s) Should I Post?

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Since June, apparently I've saved a total of 33 (+1) text files of archetypes.  Some files just have the names, some have a name and a description of how it works, some have like 10+ cards and I just didn't like how they were turning out.

So here's the deal:

I'll post the list of names, y'all tell me which ones I should post.  I don't actually remember a lot of these except for the most recent additions, so I'll probably be as surprised as you at my own design decisions!

The List:

1. (Proto) Alchemist
  2. Alchemist
  3. Alchemist V2
  4. Allvoid
  5. Altarnet
  6. Blockchain
  7. Boltweaver
  8. Bytekoin
  9. Bytekoin V2
  10. Collapse
  11. Cycl(o)pean
  12. Depthian
  13. Dualist
  14. Echo
  15. Exceeding
  16. Harbinger
  17. Icon/Iconoclast
  18. II-III-OIO-OOO-O (Had to check this one.  The text file only has the archetype name.  No design notes or created cards.)
  19. Incendiary
  20. Inflate
  21. Marineer
  22. mE-ail
  23. Ñinja/Taco Technique
  24. Node
  25. Overexcited
  26. Power Plant
  27. Pyroboros
  28. Pyroboros V2
  29. Se7en
  30. Sojourner
  31. Sparks/Sparks Support (did I post these already?)
  32. Statutist (already posted)
  33. Voodoo

Outside of these, I also have a few files of random cards and a files of support for irl archetypes.  Maybe I'll post those later.  Who knows?

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

Correct. Well, depending on how they each work

I usually make new versions to refine an idea from a previous version.

Earlier versions tend to be more "creative" since I haven't fully established my design direction, but they also tend to be bloated with gimmicks or bad at actually achieving a goal.  Later versions are usually more precise, but are consequently less interesting since the play style is generally pretty obvious/limited.

45 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I usually make new versions to refine an idea from a previous version.

Earlier versions tend to be more "creative" since I haven't fully established my design direction, but they also tend to be bloated with gimmicks or bad at actually achieving a goal.  Later versions are usually more precise, but are consequently less interesting since the play style is generally pretty obvious/limited.

Alrighty. Then I guess the one just labeled Alchemist.

I had to check this, but Pyroboros and Incendiary (one of the archetypes suggested by Itsu) are both archetypes that ran on the same initial design core, but Pyroboros is more combo-centric whereas Incendiary was trying my hand at a full-on stun playstyle.  You could even say that Incendiary is Pyroboros Version 3 since it looks a lot more fleshed out

Since both archetypes were suggested, I'll post them both together (along with Conflagration).

Archived