[DPR] Alchemist uses Stars to create Liquid Immortality... with explosive results

Eshai

Bottled Starkemist

FIRE - Level 6 - Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect - 2200 ATK/1600 DEF

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
When this card or another monster(s) is sent to the GY, except the turn this card was Special Summoned: Special Summon that monster(s) to their owner's field, then place 1 Star Counter on this card, and if this card has 3 Star Counters, remove all Star Counters from this card and banish all other cards on the field. You can only control 1 "Bottled Starkemist".

Looks insane at first. It can SS itself off of being sent to the GY, can SS anything sent to the GY, and is also a banish board clear if it wants to be. However, it can be easily exploited by the opponent, them being able to benefit from the SS and then being allowed to destroy this card after the fact. While it can SS after being sent to the GY, it can't use the effect again the turn its Special Summoned.

I guess it's still insane, but I'm not sure if its broken per say. What do you guys think? I might put the Star Counters at 4 instead of 3 if it needs nerfing.

Artist https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86080031

Card https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=2699501 (I tried posting the entire card but the upload failed)

its arguably strong recover ability is offset by the fact the effect is mandatory and resurrect opponent stuff too. the banish also indiscriminate to either side of field. its kinda that old spell counter card the tower of babel

on second thought it might be overbalance actually. at least with tower of babel you can hostage your opponent but this much more susceptible to opponent mercy

8 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

its arguably strong recover ability is offset by the fact the effect is mandatory and resurrect opponent stuff too. the banish also indiscriminate to either side of field. its kinda that old spell counter card the tower of babel

on second thought it might be overbalance actually. at least with tower of babel you can hostage your opponent but this much more susceptible to opponent mercy

Some people say this some people say its broken, notably the thing about it is that it can recover itself via the "This card or another monster" wording, though when it Summons itself it can't go off again that turn. The goal is that its more a test of timing and setup, where it can pop of later in the game with some Spell Speed 2 revival on the opponent's End Phase.

6 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

You know what would be really fun? having the max star counters be randomized based on a dice roll.

That's funny but I'd rather it not be rng, though that's just personal preference. Maybe make something similar with dice rolls if that's something you want to do?

Archived