Tada a new more Modern more Powerful version of Pseudo Space

Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

192af3d704af.jpg

Link 3 WATER Beast Link Effect Monster
ATK 2400
Materials: 2+ Effect Monsters
You can only use the (4) effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) This Link Summoned card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. 
(2) Neither player can activate Field Spells. 
(3) Negate all Field Spells effects on the field. 
(4) During your Main Phase: You can banish 1 Field Spell from your Deck; this card's name becomes that card's original name, and replace this effect with that card's original effects.

Holy moly, this is an interesting tool. Copying effect is pretty wild and I'm unsure if it can be considered as broken or could lead to insane combos. It's a bit strange that effect 4 has a OPT clause, because once the effect is replaced you can't use anymore, so you're stuck to being a card effect impervious Field-negating angree wolfee. I love the fact that it is WATER not only because you know that's my Attribute but because multiple field effects go well with WATER, as you could have two out of A Legendary Ocean / Lemuria / Magallanica / Umiiruka (lol) effect in place, that's just too good xD

3 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Holy moly, this is an interesting tool. Copying effect is pretty wild and I'm unsure if it can be considered as broken or could lead to insane combos. It's a bit strange that effect 4 has a OPT clause, because once the effect is replaced you can't use anymore, so you're stuck to being a card effect impervious Field-negating angree wolfee. I love the fact that it is WATER not only because you know that's my Attribute but because multiple field effects go well with WATER, as you could have two out of A Legendary Ocean / Lemuria / Magallanica / Umiiruka (lol) effect in place, that's just too good xD

So its Overpowered? Welp... It least it's an Actually Out to Mystic Mine a card NOBODY likes cause it prevents Combo Decks or any Deck for that matter from doing anything useful when its up.

Oh wait Ray it negates field Spells by its 3rd effect.

Mwahaha!  I figured out how to break this 😈

If you use its effect to banish/copy "Trickstar Light Stage", it becomes a Trickstar monster.  Then, all you need to do is inflict damage with any Trickstar monster (including itself), and then Light Stage's continuous burn effect will activate/resolve over and over until you burn your opponent to death.

I thought you could create a super monster by using its effect to copy "Realm of Danger!".  It would make the monster unable to be attacked (alongside its other protections) and also allow it to attack directly.  However, since it cannot be targeted, it cannot target itself to activate "Realm of Danger!'s" effect.

On the whole, it's a pretty cool premise.  However, I have a feeling that you specifically designed this to combat Mystic Mine, and... that's probably one of the least helpful ways to go about doing it.  Think about it for a sec: You literally made a generic Extra Deck Link monster that can tutor any Field Spell directly from the deck.  Do you know what people will use it for?  That's right: Mystic Mine!  You made Mystic Mine into a monster with an effect that prevents its own self destruction!  If you thought MM was annoying/hard to deal with before, imagine it with a decent body and targeting/destruction protection.

13 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

Mwahaha!  I figured out how to break this 😈

If you use its effect to banish/copy "Trickstar Light Stage", it becomes a Trickstar monster.  Then, all you need to do is inflict damage with any Trickstar monster (including itself), and then Light Stage's continuous burn effect will activate/resolve over and over until you burn your opponent to death.

I thought you could create a super monster by using its effect to copy "Realm of Danger!".  It would make the monster unable to be attacked (alongside its other protections) and also allow it to attack directly.  However, since it cannot be targeted, it cannot target itself to activate "Realm of Danger!'s" effect.

On the whole, it's a pretty cool premise.  However, I have a feeling that you specifically designed this to combat Mystic Mine, and... that's probably one of the least helpful ways to go about doing it.  Think about it for a sec: You literally made a generic Extra Deck Link monster that can tutor any Field Spell directly from the deck.  Do you know what people will use it for?  That's right: Mystic Mine!  You made Mystic Mine into a monster with an effect that prevents its own self destruction!  If you thought MM was annoying/hard to deal with before, imagine it with a decent body and targeting/destruction protection.

Wow I didn't know it could be abused in those ways but it can become Mystic Mine?

Just now, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Wow I didn't know it could be abused in those ways but it can become Mystic Mine?

Heh, I like finding oddball interactions, especially when it might not be clear how good something could be.

Anyways, there's nothing stopping it from becoming Mystic Mine, right?  You can just banish the Mine from your deck and turn the Wolf/Bear into a free Mystic Mine.

If the opponent leaves their field empty, you can just use your Wolf/Bear as link material and summon Accesscode to swing for game.  If your opponent summons more than 1 monster, then Wolf/Bear would shut down the opponent's monster effects.  If the opponent summons exactly 1 monster, hoping that the Wolf/Bear would destroy itself, then they'll be in for a surprise since the Wolf/Bear can't be destroyed by its own effect.

I would say that it is potentially more difficult to deal with than regular MM.

1 minute ago, Lazarus IV said:

Heh, I like finding oddball interactions, especially when it might not be clear how good something could be.

Anyways, there's nothing stopping it from becoming Mystic Mine, right?  You can just banish the Mine from your deck and turn the Wolf/Bear into a free Mystic Mine.

If the opponent leaves their field empty, you can just use your Wolf/Bear as link material and summon Accesscode to swing for game.  If your opponent summons more than 1 monster, then Wolf/Bear would shut down the opponent's monster effects.  If the opponent summons exactly 1 monster, hoping that the Wolf/Bear would destroy itself, then they'll be in for a surprise since the Wolf/Bear can't be destroyed by its own effect.

I would say that it is potentially more difficult to deal with than regular MM.

Wait... Trickstar lightstage can search right so can wolfebane search upon banishing it to add a Trickstar monster to the hand by banishing Lightstage?

Also how did I make Mystic Mine better!?! I was trying to kill the card lol but made it more Broken?

Just now, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Wait... Trickstar lightstage can search right so can wolfebane search upon banishing it to add a Trickstar monster to the hand by banishing Lightstage?

Nah, the "on activation" effects of the field spells won't work.  Because it cannot target itself, and because you cannot use the "on activation" effects of the field spells, it is actually surprisingly tame a lot of the time.

Honestly, if it didn't have the extra destruction protection and if it didn't change its name to match the field spell, I think it'd be a solidly balanced card.

Just now, Lazarus IV said:

Nah, the "on activation" effects of the field spells won't work.  Because it cannot target itself, and because you cannot use the "on activation" effects of the field spells, it is actually surprisingly tame a lot of the time.

Honestly, if it didn't have the extra destruction protection and if it didn't change its name to match the field spell, I think it'd be a solidly balanced card.

Wait would Mystic Mine players change their Mystic Mine Deck and the way they Played their Mystic Mine Deck synergize with Bane Wolf would they play monsters just to Summon Bane Wolf lol?

20 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Wait would Mystic Mine players change their Mystic Mine Deck and the way they Played their Mystic Mine Deck synergize with Bane Wolf would they play monsters just to Summon Bane Wolf lol?

Bane Wolf would add consistency to a strategy that lives and dies on its field spell.  Since Terraforming/Metaverse are at 1, and Bane Wolf leads into an OTK, players would just gravitate toward the better strategy.

It also is a good strategy if players are side decking.  If a player wins with a "normal" Mystic Mine strategy, the opponent will likely side in a lot of Spell/Trap destruction (or their own Bane Wolf).  The MM player sides in some monsters to turbo into Bane Wolf & shuts down the opponent almost as well and fills their deck with bricky Spell/Trap removal cards.

This is really cool and there is an easy fix to the 4th effect. Keep the HOPT on the 4th effect, but don't copy the name of the field spell. For using it to copy mystic mine I mean you can, but it still counts as a monster so if your opponent empties theirr field you're the one who is locked and you have to playing monsters in your deck to bring this guy out so it won't work well in a mystic mine deck. I think it's fine it can work on mystic mine.

OMG I just had an epiphany! I don't know if this has ever been done before but what if you played yugioh where every card was legal, but every card that has ever been on the ban list can't activate their effects or be summoned. so the only way to break them is copying them!

8 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

Bane Wolf would add consistency to a strategy that lives and dies on its field spell.  Since Terraforming/Metaverse are at 1, and Bane Wolf leads into an OTK, players would just gravitate toward the better strategy.

It also is a good strategy if players are side decking.  If a player wins with a "normal" Mystic Mine strategy, the opponent will likely side in a lot of Spell/Trap destruction (or their own Bane Wolf).  The MM player sides in some monsters to turbo into Bane Wolf & shuts down the opponent almost as well and fills their deck with bricky Spell/Trap removal cards.

So your Saying Mystic Mine would Actually try to play monsters for to turbo Bane Wolf out in that case which Monsters would MM players use to Turbo out Bane Wolf?

19 hours ago, Loleo said:

Just make spells and traps that are useful in general and can also be used to remove mystic mine?

Welp, this.

Also, lemme say that designing a card to go for the throat of a single card is not a great idea, imo, since you're always at the expense of your opponent running it or not and it can easily become a brick in your Deck or Side Deck. Anyway, This question sparked an idea in my mind, I'll make another card post with the answer and tag you there n.n (I just need a suitable image)

Archived