Christmas Refuge [Written]

Loleo

Christmas Refuge

Field Spell

When a player would take damage, they can banish a card from their GY instead. If a card leaves a player's GY, that player can activate an appropriate effect depending on the type of card leaving the GY:

Trap: Banish a monster you control until the end of the turn, when it returns it gains 1000 ATK.

Spell: Change the monster with the highest ATK to Face-down Defense Position.

Monster: Banish a monster special summoned from the Extra deck until the end of the turn.

The card has some fun interactions with the "return x to GY" effects like Psyframe Lord Omega, Burial from the Different Dimension, or Paleozoic Leanchoilia where you can banish a monster and then banish an opponent's threat and move it from the banished zone so it doesn't come back by the end.

The card is pretty solid defensively. I like that very much.
The flavor is a bit iffy though, I can only think about you hiding from a gift that might be a knucle sandwich xD
but still, interesting effect. 

@Rayfield Lumina Sorry I missed the tagging rule here it is!

11 hours ago, Sleepy said:

The card has some fun interactions with the "return x to GY" effects like Psyframe Lord Omega, Burial from the Different Dimension, or Paleozoic Leanchoilia where you can banish a monster and then banish an opponent's threat and move it from the banished zone so it doesn't come back by the end.

The card is pretty solid defensively. I like that very much.
The flavor is a bit iffy though, I can only think about you hiding from a gift that might be a knucle sandwich xD
but still, interesting effect. 

I'm glad you like the playstyle.

The flavor is on the fact of some of the best gifts come from staying in a safe haven with friends and family and out of the battle of work to just come home and eat good food while pacifying your troubles. Also, with the Madolche being the face of the event I wanted to pay homage to them in the aspect of them not liking having card in the GY.

Yeah, I agree with Ezlypi, pretty nice card to play with. Sacred of how it doesn't have a HOPT, because in a rain of reviving from your GY, you could clean the opponent's field of monsters if they were SS'ed from Extra Deck, but since this is valid for both player, I'd say it gets a pass.

51 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Also, with the Madolche being the face of the event I wanted to pay homage to them in the aspect of them not liking having card in the GY.

Oh, THIS IS REALLY NICE!

But it seems Magileine wasn't chosen as character to play lol. I'm thinking of a solution for that, she gotta be present somehow xD

Please tag me in future creations, ok? And again, this creation is pretty nice n.n

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah, I agree with Ezlypi, pretty nice card to play with. Sacred of how it doesn't have a HOPT, because in a rain of reviving from your GY, you could clean the opponent's field of monsters if they were SS'ed from Extra Deck, but since this is valid for both player, I'd say it gets a pass.

:)

Oh, THIS IS REALLY NICE!

Yeah, I might of missed a couple of rules, but I payed attention to some other things.

But it seems Magileine wasn't chosen as character to play lol. I'm thinking of a solution for that, she gotta be present somehow xD

I don't know if other players already get how phase 3 works, but if they do maybeboos ther power or they'll change their minf when they figure out how it works? someone else wanted Watt Giraffe so I can take her maybe?

Please tag me in future creations, ok? And again, this creation is pretty nice n.n

Of course, sorry for the mess up, but I'm glad you like my refuge.

Just now, Loleo said:

Yeah, I might of missed a couple of rules, but I payed attention to some other things.

hehe, well, the important thing is that now you're here to play with us

Just now, Loleo said:

I don't know if other players already get how phase 3 works, but if they do maybeboos ther power or they'll change their minf when they figure out how it works? someone else wanted Watt Giraffe so I can take her maybe?

that much is true. Right now I haven't explained how Magic Tomes work, they weren't present last year, but you can bet Magileine's special is nothing to scoff at.

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

Of course, sorry for the mess up, but I'm glad you like my refuge.

Dw, and of course I liked it, very well made n.n

Archived