Silent Nightqueen

The Nyx Avatar

@Rayfield Lumina

I haven't the time to put together a drawing. So I thought I'd go back to my roots and make a custom card with other art online. Sure, she doesn't bare any red or green. BUT...I did base her off something else relating to Christmas! Her Synchro effect shouts "Christmas!". But I based her second effect loosely on choice lyrics of the Silent Night song. The part of sleeping. And I felt Set monsters best illustrated sleeping. I made her materials generic and ATK high in an attempt to make up for the plusses it could give your opponent.

6483e6b52418.jpg

Silent Nightqueen

LIGHT

Level 8

ATK:2900 DEF: 900

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Each player can banish 1 card from their Deck. During your next Standby Phase, if those cards are still banished, each player can add that opponent's banished card to their hand.. Once per turn: You can change up to 2 monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position. Each time a monster is changed to face-down Defense Position, its controller gains 1000 LP for each card flipped face-down

Pretty cute finding, I like the lady, alright.

Tiny thing I'd recommend is to replace "When" with "If". You know the deal, for "missing the timing" issues. Most modern Extra Deck mons have "If", so yeah, for good measure. The next effect had me wondering. I'm not saying it is improperly worded or anything, I just keep scratching my chin, thinking of how "both players" and "can" feel contradicting. As in, both sounds like both players have to do it, but then it says "can", you get me? I think "Each player" would be better.

Each player can banish 1 card from their Deck. During your next Standby Phase, if those cards are still banished, each player can add that opponent's banished card to their hand.

Welp, just a suggestion, and it's not exactly the same as before because this version asks for both cards to stay banished, but I have a feeling that's what Konami would do xD.

For the next effect, now that I'm reading it again I notice the LP gain works generically for any flipping face-down effect (Ghostrick fun). I guess it's time to run Books of Lunar Eclipse :v And welp, you can always combine this with Bad Reaction to Simochi for the funzies.

Alright, ty for your participation, you get a hint and 100 points

On 12/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Pretty cute finding, I like the lady, alright.

Tiny thing I'd recommend is to replace "When" with "If". You know the deal, for "missing the timing" issues. Most modern Extra Deck mons have "If", so yeah, for good measure. The next effect had me wondering. I'm not saying it is improperly worded or anything, I just keep scratching my chin, thinking of how "both players" and "can" feel contradicting. As in, both sounds like both players have to do it, but then it says "can", you get me? I think "Each player" would be better.

Each player can banish 1 card from their Deck. During your next Standby Phase, if those cards are still banished, each player can add that opponent's banished card to their hand.

Welp, just a suggestion, and it's not exactly the same as before because this version asks for both cards to stay banished, but I have a feeling that's what Konami would do xD.

For the next effect, now that I'm reading it again I notice the LP gain works generically for any flipping face-down effect (Ghostrick fun). I guess it's time to run Books of Lunar Eclipse :v And welp, you can always combine this with Bad Reaction to Simochi for the funzies.

Alright, ty for your participation, you get a hint and 100 points

Thank you. I took your suggestions into consideration, and applied them to Silent Nightqueen

Archived