1 WW Winter Bell

1 Coral Dragon

1 #103

2 Snowdust Giant

1 #75

1 Wynn the Link Charmer

1 Eria the Link Charmer

@Rayfield Lumina

A silly little WATER/WIND deck that I built for the season!

I had initially aimed to build the deck around Ice Counters, but even if you stuffed your deck with all the Ice Counter monsters at 3, you'd still need to fill 25 Main Deck slots.  Furthermore, most of the Ice Counter cards are hot garbage and don't really work well with each other.

Needless to say, I had to change my approach.  I figured I'd just make a WATER deck and have all the Ice Counter cards in there to make a kind of "Snowdust Giant turbo", but that felt uninspired and it relied too heavily on the Umi cards.  It took a while looking through cards that had "snow", "ice", "cold", etc. before I hit the Windwitch monsters.  They are thematically appropriate and they give me a strong power play to fall back on if my silly Snowdust Giant plays fail to work.

This deck won't win an tournaments any time soon, and the WIND and WATER portions tend to have an annoying habit of locking out the other half of the deck, but there are some good points to this deck.

Positives:

• The Windwitches are as good as ever when it comes to summoning Crystal Wing.  It's a fairly straightforward set of plays that you can open pretty consistently thanks to Pot of Prosperity.
  • The deck is surprisingly capable of board breaking thanks (in large part) to Penguin Champion.  Champion almost singlehandedly opens up generic Sync-6s, 7s, & 8s as well as Rank 4s.  It is extremely capable of launching a comeback all on its own.
  • Snowdust Giant + Ragnazero was ideally the main "win condition".  While the deck isn't capable of summoning both consistently, it is a solid play when you can.  Ragnazero's effect is a +2 and Snowdust Giant is usually able to fulfill Ragna's conditions singlehandedly.

Negatives:

• Snowdust Dragon and Ice Master are simply bricks.  I was capable of summoning Ice Master in 1 game (but I didn't) and I could not even get the conditions together to summon Snowdust Dragon.  Even if you could summon Snowdust, it tends to screw with your entire game plan.  You want to keep your Ice Counters on your monsters so Snowdust Giant's effect gets stronger, but Dragon locks monsters with Ice Counters.  As I mentioned before: Ice Counter cards don't exactly play well together.
  • The deck folds to hand traps.  This did not come up because I was facing different computer decks with minimal hand traps, but the deck usually really needs that first monster summon/effect otherwise it doesn't do anything.
  • The Level 4 Windwitch locks you into special summoning WINDs for the rest of the turn.  Ice Barrier locks you into WATERs until the end of your next turn.  Be sure to keep those restrictions in mind; you'll probably only be able to commit to one play.

Other Deck/Gameplay notes:

• Foolish Burial Goods is exclusively meant to dump Ice Barrier so you can use its GY effect.  It can recycle any of your WATERs by dumping Snowdust Dragon/Ice Master from your Deck, or you can use it as a pure search tool for Penguin Champion (dump Champion > return Champion to hand).
  • In a neutral gamestate, probably the best 6 cards to banish for Prosperity are: #75, one of the Snowdust GIants, Glacial Beast Narwhal, Diamond Bell, Hi-Speedroid, and either 1 of the Charmers, or Barone de Fleur.

Aiiiiieeeee, Ice Barrier, what a wonderful card. Funnily, I noticed its existence like 4 days ago and I was like... OMG, but too bad it has to wait for an attack. Dumping it to the GY directly is a great idea. My heart jumped when I saw "OCG", but checking at Yugipedia, it has already been released, phew! xD

Oh damn, I'm in love with the entire concept. Would you believe Snowdust Giant was my second ever Extra Deck Monster? Yeah, I'm not talking about Xyz, no, Extra Deck monster. I didn't play for years, when I stopped only Fusions existed. 8 years later, those white and black things were played by everyone, and I was like, WTF are those? lol

Classic Windwitch engine go, it never fails, huh? I'm thrilled to see Penguin Squire having such stellar performance here, I knew that one was crazy when I saw it (unlike Penguin Ninja... sigh). Anywho, since the big guys are bricks, I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to run something like Silent Angler, I've always liked that critter, it might help you pull the plays you need to have both Ragnazero and the Giant on the field, and where's da' Maruchan, my friend? Having a good ol' Instant Fusion soup never hurts :)

Yeah, if I was more of a duel online person I'd definitely love to try this deck. it's been centuries since I don't play... maybe I should try >_<''.

Hey, wondering if you'd use any of the Icejades here?

Thanks for making this, 100 points and a hint for ya.

Archived