Albaz and his Fusion Friends (Version 1)

Tinkerer

554014416_AlbazMultifusionV1.JPG.5490c3bca65d952f4c9a81497b1e193d.JPG

Monsters

3 Albion the Shrouded

1 Shaddoll Beast

3 Keeper of Dragon Magic

3 Fallen of Albaz

3 Springans Kitt

3 Incredible Ecclesia

3 The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion

3 The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion

Backrow

2 Fusion Deployment

1 Raigeki

1 Feather Duster

3 Foolish Burial Goods

1 Foolish Burial

3 Branded Fusion

2 Twin Twisters

2 Paradise Branded

1 Screams of the Branded

2 Branded Condemnation

Extra

1 Blue-Eyes Tyrant Dragon

1 R-E Dragoon

1 Dark Magician the Dragon Knight

1 Mysterion the Dragon Crown

1 Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon

2 Rubellion the Divineflame Dragon

2 Albion the Branded Dragon

1 Invoked Augoeides

1 El Shaddoll Winda

1 Time Wizard of Tomorrow

1 Invoked Caliga

1 Millennium-Eyes Restrict

1 Undead Vampire

Okay, so I have to admit: I've fallen in love with how this deck works.

The idea for this deck has been bouncing around my head ever since Branded Fusion was revealed the other day.  I really wanted to use the old Hex-Sealed Fusion monsters to turn the extra deck into a Fusion toolboox.  With Dragoon being the obvious highlight, I'd been looking for a good mess of other fusions that would help in a variety of cases, and I think the result is a good mix.  Dragoon is negation, Tyrant Dragon is multi-attack field clearing, Winda/Caliga are stun, Mirrorjade and Augoeides are spot removal... the deck really gives off the vibes of those old Rank 4 toolbox decks from back in the day, except with Level 8 Fusions!

There's a lot that I could explain about the deck, but I don't feel like typing for an hour so I'll just leave it here.  I'll probably keep experimenting with the deck core and trying out different engines & extra deck combinations.  If anyone can think of some semi-generic Fusions to try, feel free to type 'em below.  I'd like to see if I can make it work!

Just now, Lazarus IV said:

554014416_AlbazMultifusionV1.JPG.5490c3bca65d952f4c9a81497b1e193d.JPG

Okay, so I have to admit: I've fallen in love with how this deck works.

The idea for this deck has been bouncing around my head ever since Branded Fusion was revealed the other day.  I really wanted to use the old Hex-Sealed Fusion monsters to turn the extra deck into a Fusion toolboox.  With Dragoon being the obvious highlight, I'd been looking for a good mess of other fusions that would help in a variety of cases, and I think the result is a good mix.  Dragoon is negation, Tyrant Dragon is multi-attack field clearing, Winda/Caliga are stun, Mirrorjade and Augoeides are spot removal... the deck really gives off the vibes of those old Rank 4 toolbox decks from back in the day, except with Level 8 Fusions!

There's a lot that I could explain about the deck, but I don't feel like typing for an hour so I'll just leave it here.  I'll probably keep experimenting with the deck core and trying out different engines & extra deck combinations.  If anyone can think of some semi-generic Fusions to try, feel free to type 'em below.  I'd like to see if I can make it work!

Thats a Nice Deck

Just now, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Hey You can make custom cards on YGOpro that are Dragon Fusion Monsters so it Supports Albaz

I can, but I haven't actually programmed any cards in forever.  It would take a while for me to get back in the groove.

I also wouldn't be able to use them with/against other people so it wouldn't really be a lot of fun when compared to the effort.

Verte Anaconda so you can cheat the activation of Branded Fusion? If it works like the interaction with Verte and Red-Eyes Fusion you should be able to do it as Verte circumvents the Special Summon restriction of Red-Eyes Fusion so it should work similarly here with Branded Fusion. Incredible Ecclesia + Light Hex going second can cheat out Invoked Mechaba fast through Light Hex's effect which is another solid omni-negate. How does the deck run by the way? Winda I'm also pretty sure can't be cheated out through Dark Hex since she has to first be Fusion Summoned (the Hex Sealed Fusions don't Fusion Summon with their effects unless Branded Fusion actually works with it as long as you use Albaz as the DARK material).

1 hour ago, Mr. Judgment Dragon said:

Verte Anaconda so you can cheat the activation of Branded Fusion? If it works like the interaction with Verte and Red-Eyes Fusion you should be able to do it as Verte circumvents the Special Summon restriction of Red-Eyes Fusion so it should work similarly here with Branded Fusion. Incredible Ecclesia + Light Hex going second can cheat out Invoked Mechaba fast through Light Hex's effect which is another solid omni-negate. How does the deck run by the way? Winda I'm also pretty sure can't be cheated out through Dark Hex since she has to first be Fusion Summoned (the Hex Sealed Fusions don't Fusion Summon with their effects unless Branded Fusion actually works with it as long as you use Albaz as the DARK material).

Verte isn't all that helpful since Branded Fusion only summons Albaz Fusions. Mirrorjade is good, but the other Fusion Dragons' only effect is to Fusion Summon another monster. Verte's own restriction prevents me from fusioning using the other Dragons' effects. Ultimately, Verte ends up locking me into no plays.

Mechaba is one of the only options that doesn't get cheated out using the deck's normal plays. The Albaz dragons can only cheat out level 8 or lower Fusions. I can probably just use Light's on-field effect, but oddly enough I don't tend to actually summon the Hex-Sealed monsters that often. I'll try Mechaba over DMTDK and see how that goes.

Winda was actually a surprise pick for me but it really worked well, so I decided to keep it. Again, the focus is usually on the Albaz fusions' ability to Fusion Summon (with the Hex Sealed monsters' on-field effect being secondary). I decided to use Winda because the deck really needs ways to keep some hand advantage and Beast seemed like the perfect way to keep the plays rolling.

By my assessment, the deck as shown above is NOT competitive. There's a lot of ways to cut out cards for handtraps or mix it with the Brave engine to make it significantly stronger/more versatile/more consistent. Heck, having 3 of each Sealed Fusion probably hurts the deck more than it helps. Furthermore, for this build, the deck has a huge obvious choke point: Branded Fusion. If it gets negated, your turn is done.

All that being said, it's also probably too dangerous for pure casual play given the types of boss monsters it summons. It'd probably be best to play against other rogue-tier decks.

Verte isn't all that helpful since Branded Fusion only summons Albaz Fusions. Mirrorjade is good, but the other Fusion Dragons' only effect is to Fusion Summon another monster. Verte's own restriction prevents me from fusioning using the other Dragons' effects. Ultimately, Verte ends up locking me into no plays.

Mechaba is one of the only options that doesn't get cheated out using the deck's normal plays. The Albaz dragons can only cheat out level 8 or lower Fusions. I can probably just use Light's on-field effect, but oddly enough I don't tend to actually summon the Hex-Sealed monsters that often. I'll try Mechaba over DMTDK and see how that goes.

Winda was actually a surprise pick for me but it really worked well, so I decided to keep it. Again, the focus is usually on the Albaz fusions' ability to Fusion Summon (with the Hex Sealed monsters' on-field effect being secondary). Really, I decided to use Winda because the deck really needs ways to keep some hand advantage and Beast seemed like the perfect way to keep the plays rolling.

By my assessment, the deck is NOT competitive. There's probably ways to cut out cards for handtraps or mix it with the Brave engine to make it significantly stronger/more versatile/more consistent. Heck, having 3 of each Sealed Fusion probably hurts the deck more than it helps. But for this build, the deck still has a huge obvious choke point: Branded Fusion. If it gets negated, your turn is done.

All that being said, it's also probably too dangerous for pure casual play given the types of boss monsters it summons. It'd probably be best to play against other rogue-tier decks.

Fair play on Verte not being helpful.

Light's on-field effect does cheat Mechaba out so it is an option worth considering. Winda does also massively slow down a lot of decks and in particular ones that spam special summons. I did think 3 of each Light and Dark Hex Sealed may be a bit cloggy but trial and error I guess.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Judgment Dragon said:

Fair play on Verte not being helpful.

Light's on-field effect does cheat Mechaba out so it is an option worth considering. Winda does also massively slow down a lot of decks and in particular ones that spam special summons. I did think 3 of each Light and Dark Hex Sealed may be a bit cloggy but trial and error I guess.

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever found the Hex Sealeds to be cloggy. The deck uses all its resources pretty easily and can quickly cycle even its worst cards out of the hand without issue (Albaz/Rubellion/Twin Twister for discard + Kitt for hand fixing). The only true brick is probably Beast, but that hasn't come up very often.

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever found the Hex Sealeds to be cloggy. The deck uses all its resources pretty easily and can quickly cycle even its worst cards out of the hand without issue (Albaz/Rubellion/Twin Twister for discard + Kitt for hand fixing). The only true brick is probably Beast, but that hasn't come up very often.

Fair enough once again. But yeah. Gotta love it when that 1 of that you run for reasons ends up as a brick. You probably could ditch it for something less bricky but then you'd have to nix Winda which seems like it helps the deck out a lot. Another option is a less bricky Shaddoll so you can still do the Winda shenanigans.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Judgment Dragon said:

Fair enough once again. But yeah. Gotta love it when that 1 of that you run for reasons ends up as a brick. 

Lol, gotta love those 3 facts of life: death, taxes, and your 1-of Garnet ending up in your hand.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Judgment Dragon said:

You probably could ditch it for something less bricky but then you'd have to nix Winda which seems like it helps the deck out a lot. Another option is a less bricky Shaddoll so you can still do the Winda shenanigans.

I wish it were that simple, but I think the only other 'dolls I'd consider would be Dragon/Ariel. All the rest require more Shaddoll investment to work.

Beast feels the best out of those three because even though the brick chance is a pain, the deck burns through its hand ridiculously quickly. It needs that extra draw.

Archived