Shaddol Christmas Plunder [written]

Loleo

Shaddol Christmas Plunder

Field spell

Each Time a monster you control destroys another monster by battle you can activate one of the following effects.

• Draw one card
  • Set one card on the field
  • Set one Shaddol Spell/Trap to the field

You can only activate each effect of "Shaddol Christmas Plunder" once per turn. If you used all 3 effects of "Shaddol Christmas Plunder" you can set any number of cards you control, also your opponent can draw 2 cards.

@Rayfield Lumina

Allow me this little correction: Shaddoll, with double L

I have the fuzzy memory of having explained how these effects work before. I just want to point out that I'm not mega expert of YGO and that there will be cases in which I'm wrong, in case my constant corrections feel pedantic or that I feel like I know it all. Anyway, I think I'm right in saying this kind of effect is not treated as "many effects which activate separately". This kind of effect with bullets is a single effect with possible actions to choose from, and those actions are "applied", not activated. Hence the last clause is wrong. If what I'm saying is right, then you'd have to reword this with something like "You can only apply each of the above effects once per turn". If you applied... etc.

Somehow I've started at this for a little while like somebody would stare at a wall watching paint dry.... until I had my coffee and suddenly I feel like posting xD
[/I don't need help xD ]

There are little bits of grammar, mostly all the "one" words should be written in number form 1
But that's not the important part.... I'm assuming something here:
-Bullet effect # 2 if I understand correctly sets 1 card on the field, as in...... it picks a card that's ALREADY on the field and changes it to face-down (defense position for monsters, just face down for backrow).
-THEN Bullet effect # 3 Sets 1 Shaddoll S/T TO the field, as in.... it grabs a card that's OUTSIDE the field and puts it onto the field.
-ALSO: Both bullet effects 2 and 3 don't care about what side of the field they affect so you could even do stuff like Set a "Shaddoll Schizm" on your opponent's S/T Zone if you so wished (which could actually clog the zones over time because most of your opponents are unlikely to be Shaddoll players that could make use of them)....

I think these traits need to be a bit more clear in their intent. For one, the last bullet effect doesn't state where it is setting the Shaddoll S/T from. Super old cards back in the day would imply "from the hand" when that wasn't stated, but that hasn't been a thing for about a decade and a half.... although until that is clarified that's by necessity something that is gonna be assumed.

Finally, the last effect after the bullets..... to clarify, it lets you put back face-down any cards you had already on the field that you wish to flip down, right?
and I'm gonna assume the trigger is "if you used all the effects this turn", but the card lacks that "this turn" part so once each bullet effect has been used at least once while the field spell has been in play, it automatically makes that effect live forever, and it is written after the "each effect gets an OPT clause" so it gets the feeling it is outside of that restriction's jurisdiction....

- - - -

Moving on from wording, battle destruction is appreciated for generic purposes although IDK if Shaddolls are particularly fond of it, and they have no real issues flipping things down, they have their hands full establishing themselves down first and once they flip up and get to use their FLIPs they tend to immediately be used as material for something. 

Despite that, I think the card is great.... Not so much for Shaddolls particularly, but I have a dozen decks that like battle that'd love to use this card. In fact even beyond having the field spell search (Terraforming, Metaverse, Set Rotation, Demise of the Land, etc) you can even run Instant Fusion in any non-Shaddoll Deck to make Winda as a simple extender and take advantage of her floating you back this field spell. That sounds outside the box enough that I am a fan xD

8 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Somehow I've started at this for a little while like somebody would stare at a wall watching paint dry.... until I had my coffee and suddenly I feel like posting xD
[/I don't need help xD ]

There are little bits of grammar, mostly all the "one" words should be written in number form 1

Ah Ray corrected me on that and writing 1 should be easier. Why am I doing this.
But that's not the important part.... I'm assuming something here:
-Bullet effect # 2 if I understand correctly sets 1 card on the field, as in...... it picks a card that's ALREADY on the field and changes it to face-down (defense position for monsters, just face down for backrow).
-THEN Bullet effect # 3 Sets 1 Shaddoll S/T TO the field, as in.... it grabs a card that's OUTSIDE the field and puts it onto the field.
-ALSO: Both bullet effects 2 and 3 don't care about what side of the field they affect so you could even do stuff like Set a "Shaddoll Schizm" on your opponent's S/T Zone if you so wished (which could actually clog the zones over time because most of your opponents are unlikely to be Shaddoll players that could make use of them)....
Yes 100%
I think these traits need to be a bit more clear in their intent. For one, the last bullet effect doesn't state where it is setting the Shaddoll S/T from. Super old cards back in the day would imply "from the hand" when that wasn't stated, but that hasn't been a thing for about a decade and a half.... although until that is clarified that's by necessity something that is gonna be assumed.

OMG I missed the location to set from?!? I meant from the GY.

Finally, the last effect after the bullets..... to clarify, it lets you put back face-down any cards you had already on the field that you wish to flip down, right?
and I'm gonna assume the trigger is "if you used all the effects this turn", but the card lacks that "this turn" part so once each bullet effect has been used at least once while the field spell has been in play, it automatically makes that effect live forever, and it is written after the "each effect gets an OPT clause" so it gets the feeling it is outside of that restriction's jurisdiction....
I was originally going to make it banish itself after that effect but didn't and forgot to reorder.
- - - -

Moving on from wording, battle destruction is appreciated for generic purposes although IDK if Shaddolls are particularly fond of it

Nope, don't like Shaddol and it's backhanded support to actually get them to try and attack.

and they have no real issues flipping things down, they have their hands full establishing themselves down first and once they flip up and get to use their FLIPs they tend to immediately be used as material for something. 

Yah extra utility :P not really necessary, could just set opponent's stuff.

Despite that, I think the card is great.... Not so much for Shaddolls particularly

Muahaha the secret plan has worked

, but I have a dozen decks that like battle that'd love to use this card. In fact even beyond having the field spell search (Terraforming, Metaverse, Set Rotation, Demise of the Land, etc) you can even run Instant Fusion in any non-Shaddoll Deck to make Winda as a simple extender and take advantage of her floating you back this field spell. That sounds outside the box enough that I am a fan xD

I made this with Ray's new lore in mind and this was what I'm going for "Trust me Shaddols this is 100% no joke for you"

17 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Allow me this little correction: Shaddoll, with double L

noted

I have the fuzzy memory of having explained how these effects work before. I just want to point out that I'm not mega expert of YGO and that there will be cases in which I'm wrong, in case my constant corrections feel pedantic or that I feel like I know it all. Anyway, I think I'm right in saying this kind of effect is not treated as "many effects which activate separately". This kind of effect with bullets is a single effect with possible actions to choose from, and those actions are "applied", not activated. Hence the last clause is wrong. If what I'm saying is right, then you'd have to reword this with something like "You can only apply each of the above effects once per turn". If you applied... etc.

I get that it's wrong and why but I don't get how to fix it?

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

I get that it's wrong and why but I don't get how to fix it?

Uhhh... I think I just told you? Of course, I don't think the wording I'm giving has a precedent. but I suppose it would work, we gotta take some liberties in case there are no cards we can take reference from. Just a clarification: that last effect, it goes off the very moment the 3 effects have applied at least once? Or they all have to be used in the same turn. I think it's the former (hence why there is no specification) but I wanted to be sure. 

Sooo, recapitulating, swapping "You can only use each effect" with "You can only apply each of the above effects of" could do... I think.And perhaps you might want to move the final effect to the End Phase.

"During your End Phase, if you have applied all the above effects: You can etc., etc.

Dunno, just some ideas.

Archived