Merry Christmas! (Winter Solstice Archetype)

The Nyx Avatar

@Rayfield Lumina

For this archetype, I was struggling on what to name it. But I settled on naming it after the true origins of Christmas. Not The Nativity. Not Saint Nicholas. Not the New Year. The Winter Solstice! I did however base the monsters off figures from Christmas and its relatives. After all, they fall under the same umbrella. What is the main gimmick of this bunch? Drawing! Mostly your opponent, though. Also, banishing (Yay!)

89c44ce25d36.jpg

Ded Moroz, Father of the Winter Solstice

LIGHT

Level 7

Warrior/Effect

ATK:2500

DEF:2500

You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you do, your opponent draws 2 cards. You can only Special Summon 1 "Ded Moroz, Father of the Winter Solstice" once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can give 1 card from your hand to your opponent; draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed (by battle or card effect): Your opponent gives you the top card of their Deck to your hand.

a813ed890f72.jpg

Ded Moroz, Spirit of the Winter Solstice

LIGHT

Level 4

Zombie/Effect

ATK:0

DEF:0

You can banish 1 "Winter Solstice" monster from your GY; Special Summon this card from your hand. If Summoned this way, both players draw 1 card. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; increase the ATK and DEF of 1 monster you control by 500. You can only activate 1 of the effects of "Ded Moroz, Spirit of the Winter Solstice" once per turn.

3d85377b9462.jpg

Krampus Scourge of the Winter Solstice

WATER

Level 7

Fiend/Effect

ATK:3000

DEF:1900

When this card is Tribute Summoned: You can look at your opponent's hand, and if you do, you can discard 1 card from their hand. (Quick Effect): If your opponent adds a card to their hand (except by drawing it during their Normal Draw): You can discard this card; banish 1 random card from their hand. You can only activate this effect of "Krampus, Scourge of the Winter Solstice" once per Duel.

f8c18b8a1ee1.jpg

Silent Night of the Winter Solstice

Normal Spell Card

Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT or WATER monster from your Deck. You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect. You can banish this card and 1 LIGHT or WATER monster from your GY (except during the turn it was sent); both players draw 1 card.

a8ab861c7c01.jpg

White Winter Solstice

Field Spell Card

You can shuffle 2 of your banished cards into your Deck; add 1 "Winter Solstice" monster from your the Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "White Winter Solstice" once per turn. If a LIGHT or WATER monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can increase its ATK and DEF by 1000 until the End Phase, and if after Damage Calculation your opponent takes Battle Damage or their monster is destroyed by battle, your opponent can draw a card.

Alrightooo! Let's see.

Father - Protector of the Sanctuary for the funzies xD Second effect is very interesting indeed, I wonder what kind of combos one could achieve (as in, cards your opponent don't want to have in hand due to a negative effect, can't think of something right now, but there should be something) At any rate, giving a brick to the opponent to replace with another card is quite handy. As for these "card giving effects", I'm convinced you can use the term "add" as usual. "You can add 1 card from your hand to your opponent's hand". You can add the top card of your opponent's Deck to your hand". Of course, this term doesn't sound as x-mas-ish as "giving" so you might have done it on purpose xD.

Spirit - Pretty insistent boi, first effect is damn good and I'd rather have it active than banishing itself for the second, except on emergency cases. The super HOPT clause needs a liiiiitle rewording: You can only use 1 "Ded Moroz, Spirit of the Winter Solstice" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Krampus - Tribute Summon without support is hard, so the strong first effect is fair, imo. Second effect is even cooler and I'm in with the OPD clause.

Silent Night - Cuuuuute. I normally say, "I see WATER support, I approve". I'm trying to think what kind of combos you could make here as well, the cluase is pretty brutal and Level 4 - greatly limits what you can do. Sounds more like a finisher card when you need just that 1 extra monster on the field to complete the OTK, but this won't happen early game most likely, it has to happen with established board, because normally you want Level 4- to use as materials. IDK, Thinking of Neptabyss' effect of send to GY + add to hand, or similar.

White - Oh yes! I love this kind of recycling effects. The rest can be handy but feels a tiny bit underwhelming compared to the power of other Fields, and of course, opponent drawing stuff is bad xD. Then again, it has no OPT, so you could very well clean the opponent's field of dangerous foes through physical attacks and end the battle. And again, Protector of the Sanctuary lol.

150 well earned points + hint!

Ty for making this n.n

Archived