Yu-Gi-Oh Modern tornument RP (Interest check)

Ankh_Dev

Hello everybody,

I wanted to join an RP, but it seems like there aren't any that are active rn. So I was thinking of making my own. Looking for 4 - 8 players maybe? Would like to have 8, but I'll keep playing with lower options

Here are the rules:

- This is going to be a duel city tornument-esque RP where you walk around the city and find people to battle. You start with 3 points. Reach 10 points to reach the finale. Lose all you're points and you are out.

- Modern rules will be used (Most recent banlist and MR5)

- TCG Only

Encounters:

- You can choose wether to accept a challenge/duel or not

- You will be able to battle random NPC's which will have different traits.

- Each NPC will start with a random deck out of 9 (RNG will be used):

- D/D/D (Hard)
    - Supreme King Z-arc (Hard)
    - Pure Odd-eyes (Normal)
    - Pure Rokket (Normal)
    - Utopia (Normal)
    - Numeron (Normal)
    - Yosenju (Easy)
    - Ursacrtron (Easy)
    - Reptillianne (Easy)
    - One Mystery Deck (Unknown)

- Or I could make it that the more points you get, the harder the decks you''l find, and that the hards will be reserved for the finale.

- I will duel as These NPCs

- You can also encounter other players

- There will only be one duel a day. (there can be more than one challenge if you didn't accept one at first)
    - Some events however may lead to more duels

- Duels will be done in dueling book if possible. I'll look for other soloutions I can manage if Dueling book is not agreed on. I do not actually have a story set and this will go as we carry onm. I wanted to add a sense of randomness, that's why the duels are real. THere is an ultimate arc in the end, so I'm hoping that some players reach the finale

- Wagering:
    - Each time you encounter a duel you can wager a number of points. Sometimes an opponent will offer a riskier duel by giving the option to wager more points. Player can also do this

- Events:
    - Randomly throughout

-Character creation:
    - You can create whatever character you want with whatever backstory you want but you must select one of the following traits for your character:
        - Deductive: Can guess opponent's traits when meeting them.
            - Morality: Normal
        - Researcher: You already know what you're opponent's deck is before the duel.
            - Morality: Low
        - Intelligent: You can guess most strategies of you're opponent correctly. (During a duel, in chat you will have a chance to be told a basic outline of you're opponents strategy. There is also a chance that you can totally guess wrong and be mislead.)
            - Morality: High
        - Strong-willed: You cannot be swayed easily and always stick to your morals. (When encountering an event where an opponent tries to persuade you to do something, the chance of you falling for it are very low)
            - Morality: Very High
        - Tricky: You will always try to make your opponent do something they might not totally want to through trickery. You are also harder to read by opponent. (Able to convince opponent to risk more points)
            - Morality: Very Low
        - Timid: You are always shy and may make you're opponents overplay and take it easy. (NPC Only)
        - Intimidating: You always scare you're opponents and make them play worse (NPC Only)
            - Morality: Low
        - Average: You are an average person with nothing special about you.
    - There are some exclusive traits to NPCs

- Morality:
    - As stated above, each trait has a different moral level. This affects the random events that you may encounter. Different morality leads to different choices:
        - Very High: You will always pick the safest/most moraly correct option
        - High: You have a 2/3 chance to pick the safest/most moraly correct option
        - Normal: You have a 50% chance to pick either optiom
        - Low: You have a 2/3 chance to pick the riskiest/ most moraly incorrect option
        - Very Low: You will always pick the riskiest/most moraly incorrect option

- Villian: There is an ultimate villian for this story. This will either be played by me or a volounteer. And will be explained in short "epilogues" each day.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I realy am excited about this. If you're interested. Tell me below. If I find enough Participants, I'll make another thread asking for a character sheet. THis will include a name, backstory, and trait. IF you decide to join. Please PM me the deck you will be using once you create your character sheet

• Ankh_Dev changed the title to Yu-Gi-Oh Modern tornument RP (Interest check)

Lol, I guess I missed this when I was posting on the Card Making games.

I'm not opposed to making/joining an RP, but I will say this feels a bit too restrictive for me.  It feels like it would make a better tournament or maybe a site-wide event or something.

It sounds like you have a story/direction all ready (which is good), but I am a bit confused on how people will be engaging with the story.  Will it be exclusively through duels, or will there be any way to engage in the story outside duels?  Will we be able to explore the city, buy cards and stuff, or will everything be more static?  Do we physically have to duel through a site like duelingbook/edopro/omega/etc. in order to progress the story?  You said players can "lose", will there be a way to participate in the story even if you're out?

I also like the idea of a general morality gauge (RPing alignment is fun), but tying morality to certain skills and also tying event outcomes to morality seems... less fun and kinda restricts what kind of character we may want to make.  What if I wanted to play a robin hood-type (tricky, but highly moral) or something?  Furthermore, could we pitch skills to you when making a character?

Finally, when I join a ygo RP, I like the freedom to use custom cards/decks.  If we have to actually duel, then I assume this is not allowed, correct?

10 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

Lol, I guess I missed this when I was posting on the Card Making games.

I'm not opposed to making/joining an RP, but I will say this feels a bit too restrictive for me.  It feels like it would make a better tournament or maybe a site-wide event or something.

It sounds like you have a story/direction all ready (which is good), but I am a bit confused on how people will be engaging with the story.  Will it be exclusively through duels, or will there be any way to engage in the story outside duels?  Will we be able to explore the city, buy cards and stuff, or will everything be more static?  Do we physically have to duel through a site like duelingbook/edopro/omega/etc. in order to progress the story?  You said players can "lose", will there be a way to participate in the story even if you're out?

I also like the idea of a general morality gauge (RPing alignment is fun), but tying morality to certain skills and also tying event outcomes to morality seems... less fun and kinda restricts what kind of character we may want to make.  What if I wanted to play a robin hood-type (tricky, but highly moral) or something?  Furthermore, could we pitch skills to you when making a character?

Finally, when I join a ygo RP, I like the freedom to use custom cards/decks.  If we have to actually duel, then I assume this is not allowed, correct?

Yes people will be engaging with the story through duels and random events. I am thinking of adding a shop wich each day entered contains random staples/stock. Not sure about how people will buy it, but i am still planning this out. I'm not sure how the players who lost will interact. Perhaps they can play the role on NPCs who are more prevelant to the story.

As for the morals system, I see wheere your coming. But if I do allow freedom I feel like people would always pick the best one and the highest moral just to be safe. And be at an advantage. But I'd like to see other people's opinions on this deck. But yeah Sure I'm open for skill suggestions.

As for the custom cards, I may allow it as long as people don't abuse this. So I'd say you can use custom cards, as long as they aren't broken and make people unable to play.

i've seem them before but i don't think i've ever participated in an RP with live duels, color me interested.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:59 PM, Ankh_Dev said:

As for the custom cards, I may allow it as long as people don't abuse this. So I'd say you can use custom cards, as long as they aren't broken and make people unable to play.

could you be a bit more specific here? obviously over powered/totally broken cards shouldn't be allowed, especially with live duels and not just acting them out, but if it's not too much trouble to ask, what's your definition of OP? like, are you balancing things against the current meta, the decks you have planned for NPC's, or are you just gonna play it by ear and go off of your personal ideas of balance? if a card or deck is too strong would you outright reject it or recommend changes for the purpose of the RP?

5 hours ago, 0PxPz0 said:

i've seem them before but i don't think i've ever participated in an RP with live duels, color me interested.

could you be a bit more specific here? obviously over powered/totally broken cards shouldn't be allowed, especially with live duels and not just acting them out, but if it's not too much trouble to ask, what's your definition of OP? like, are you balancing things against the current meta, the decks you have planned for NPC's, or are you just gonna play it by ear and go off of your personal ideas of balance? if a card or deck is too strong would you outright reject it or recommend changes for the purpose of the RP?

Balanced for me is inbetween the current rogue - meta classification. The decks I am using are all made by me and i thoroughly tested them against random decks on db to see their strength. If I find a custom deck that would have generate too much card advantage, I'll ask the person who gave it to me to remake the deck / make a new one. Also welcome to the RP!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived