A Super-Hypothetical Fan-Driven Yugioh Reboot and Interest Check

Quick update as I've not had time to make the spreadsheets yet, here's the roughest of rough drafts for the Matcha Dragon Deck. Again, nothing about these is set in stone and we can change whatever, I'm just putting out concepts at the moment.

Matcha Dragon

FOREST Level 8

Dragon/Effect

3000/2500

This Monster inflicts Piercing Damage. During the Battle Phase, you can Tribute 1 monster you control (Quick Effect): All monsters your Opponent controls lose DEF equal to that monster’s ATK until the End Phase.

Nightshade Nymph

FOREST Level 1

Fiend/Effect

200/200

When you Tribute Summon a FOREST monster, you can Tribute this card you control: Your Opponent takes Damage equal to 400 x the Level of that monster.

Thimble Lancer

FOREST Level 2

Fairy-Warrior/Effect

800/0

After Damage Calculation, if this Attack position monster battled your Opponent’s Attack position monster: Change that monster to Defense position.

Petal Buckler

Equip Spell

A Level 3 or lower Warrior or Fairy monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed as a result of Battle.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I've been thinking.... 
Is it wise to be implementing the custom Type/Attribute ideas?

I think there's a lot less incentive overall for people to join in on the project if we don't have an easy access to being able to play with the cards made here. That is to say, if we don't make them compatible with something we could plug into DuelingBook.....

I do understand they would be a good thing for the game overall but in this case this might just flatout be hardware limitations we might have to REALLY consider here. It's not ideal but maybe, just maybe we should just stick to mechanic changes we can actually implement thanks to gameplay action purely (like how we can technically do the Tribute rules we've come up with, but something like a custom Attribute doesn't sound very feasible for actual production for an online thing.

You mentioned earlier you know of somebody that can make custom attributes.... but like... can said customs be used in DuelingBook? Or what is the current plan to tackle that issue?

I was thinking of using TableTop Simulator instead of Duelingbook. If we do go with DB, we can write a notation in the card name to show what attribute it is. That would be fine I think considering the only people who would be using them would be people who know about the new attributes.

As for Types, I spent the last couple days thinking about it and I've decided that I don't have enough ideas to justify the two-type thing, so I'm all for shelving it and sticking with one type to a monster.

For now, I'm gonna keep operating under the assumption that we have the extra attributes as I design cards.

Archived