Method to 4kids Madness

Astro Dude

Hello.

I noticed a lot of people saying 4kids is bad. But they have their reasons.

First of all, 4kids isn't just for kids. Their programming is also aimed towards young adults.

Second, I saw a pic from a One Piece episode with a Blackface character. They changed it because people might find Blackface offensive. You noticed that many Blackface things in cartoons were fixed in editing. But You are talking to one of the few who knows the only Blackface line:

Droopy: "Hey Blackie, got any more babes in there?"

Also, for a company that stinks in editing and dubbing, they make probably more than $5,000,000 dollars a year. Also, they have the best VA's. If not for the, you might only watch shows like Kirby, Sonic X and Winx Club in their original languages. So be grateful.

It's not that 4kids is bad' date=' well, it is, I mean, why take out all things that relate to violence (Invisible guns e.g), when they see stuff like that in TV, in movies, real life and maybe even at home?

[/quote']

lol two things

law suits

and

angry parents

:lol:

It's not that 4kids is bad' date=' well, it is, I mean, why take out all things that relate to violence (Invisible guns e.g), when they see stuff like that in TV, in movies, real life and maybe even at home?

[/quote']

lol two things

law suits

and

angry parents

xD

Think, a soccer mom accidentally sees that his kid is watching a Anime with guns and goes "OMFG, GUNS IN TV?!? NO WAI!!!!!"

Seriously, if their kids turn into criminals or drug dealers, it's mostly the parent's faulght (sp?) To be honest, they shouldn't worry about Anime having guns and mild nudity, I mean, look what mess the US is in atm >_>

[/quote']

lol two things

law suits

and

angry parents

xD

Think, a soccer mom accidentally sees that his kid is watching a Anime with guns and goes "OMFG, GUNS IN TV?!? NO WAI!!!!!"

Seriously, if their kids turn into criminals or drug dealers, it's mostly the parent's faulght (sp?) To be honest, they shouldn't worry about Anime having guns and mild nudity, I mean, look what mess the US is in atm >_>

lol nice

and you have a point in you last comment

and to me

its not the shows

its the games, and the music >_>

Hello.

First of all' date=' 4kids isn't just for kids. Their programming is also aimed towards young adults.

Second, I saw a pic from a One Piece episode with a Blackface character. They changed it because people might find Blackface offensive. You noticed that many Blackface things in cartoons were fixed in editing. But You are talking to one of the few who knows the only Blackface line:

Also, for a company that stinks in editing and dubbing, they make probably more than $5,000,000 dollars a year. Also, they have the best VA's. If not for the, you might only watch shows like Kirby, Sonic X and Winx Club in their original languages. So be grateful.

[/quote']

1. If it is also aimed towards young adults why do they edit so much?

2. Blackface isn't that offensive.

3a. Kids don't know the differance. What we hate is when they take shows ment for young adults and edit it for kids.

3b. The VAs are the only good thing they have.

Hello.

First of all' date=' 4kids isn't just for kids. Their programming is also aimed towards young adults.

[/quote']

3a. Kids don't know the differance. What we hate is when they take shows ment for young adults and edit it for kids.

1. Read this:

[/quote']

lol two things

law suits

and

angry parents

2. I forgot to add that back when pokemon came out, Jynx had blackface until it went into 3-d when it's face turned purple.

3. Young adults watch them too.

Also 4kids used the TMNT from the comic books, i.e. the Drak and moody Raphael.

1 question : Why Dubbed ?' date='when you can whatch them subbed

subbed is much awosomer than dubbed

[/quote']

Why not? With subbed, you miss parts of the picture.

Hello.

[/quote']

1. Read this:

[/quote']

lol two things

law suits

and

angry parents

2. I forgot to add that back when pokemon came out, Jynx had blackface until it went into 3-d when it's face turned purple.

3. Young adults watch them too.

Also 4kids used the TMNT from the comic books, i.e. the Drak and moody Raphael.

1) Over what? Their kids seeing blood. Hearing that a character died?

The kids bleed, and death is a part of life, so why edit it out.

2) I found that stupid. Also look at Mr. Popo from DBZ. He is blackface and the people that dubbed that didn't edit it.

3) That really has nothing to do with what I said.

1 question : Why Dubbed ?' date='when you can whatch them subbed

subbed is much awosomer than dubbed

[/quote']

Why not? With subbed, you miss parts of the picture.

I've been watching subs for over a year, and I rarely miss anything. If I do miss something I just go back.

[/quote']

Which of the shows that they've dubbed are made for young adults? I imagine One Piece and Yugioh were originally for young adults in Japan, but not after 4kids ruined them.

Also, they have the best VA's.

No. I've heard better VAs in Tales of Eternia and Valkyrie Profile. And subs > dubs.

If not for the, you might only watch shows like Kirby, Sonic X and Winx Club in their original languages. So be grateful.

While I wouldn't watch any of those, I'd rather watch them in their original language. Again, subs > dubs. Like, all the time. (Except for FMA. For the most part, I personally thought the dub was better).

And about the angry parents: heads up everyone! You can set parental blocks and even this, use the off switch on your remote to turn of the TV or go to another channel. ZOMG!!!!!!! :shock:

you also happen to like E-Hero's and think Jaden is the HAWTEST and no hate Fox Kids.

anyway 4kids suck and anything they do is a proof. give me one reason to make me think they are doing a good job? they are cutting scene's and you will end up with a WTF has happened, i can understand anything expression? after you watch it. They missed up all the shows for no reason. Violence wont raise if kids play GTA or listen to rap or see a anime character dead but if the see them in real life, it's when it affects people because anyone with an IQ above 70 knows that what happens on TV isn't real, oh and if the see it on news too.

I find absolutly no reason whatsoever for changing the anime. oh and i'll leave you all with a quote from i wise man

"Those who watch 4Kids and like them shall be pwned. subbed>dubbed.

'nuff said"

- wiseman

Come on.... 4Kids ruins anything it touches. The other day I had the privilage of watching a few episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh Subbed and it is 1000X Better then The now awful Dub. Marik for example isn't a Voice Box changed freak. He sounds a lot more genuine and cruel. Watching him Taunt Mai was just too Delicious.

Come on.... 4Kids ruins anything it touches. The other day I had the privilage of watching a few episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh Subbed and it is 1000X Better then The now awful Dub. Marik for example isn't a Voice Box changed freak. He sounds a lot more genuine and cruel. Watching him Taunt Mai was just too Delicious.

:shock:

i though you were a hippy :?

you also happen to like E-Hero's and think Jaden is the HAWTEST and no hate Fox Kids.

anyway 4kids suck and anything they do is a proof. give me one reason to make me think they are doing a good job? they are cutting scene's and you will end up with a WTF has happened' date=' i can understand anything expression? after you watch it. They missed up all the shows for no reason. Violence wont raise if kids play GTA or listen to rap or see a anime character dead but if the see them in real life, it's when it affects people because anyone with an IQ above 70 knows that what happens on TV isn't real, oh and if the see it on news too.

I find absolutly no reason whatsoever for changing the anime. oh and i'll leave you all with a quote from i wise man

"Those who watch 4Kids and like them shall be pwned. subbed>dubbed.

'nuff said"

- wiseman

[/quote']

Well that's your opinion.

Archived