Inscryption

Tinkerer

Figured this would be better as it's own topic.

Deckbuilders are my favorite game genre so I was immensely interested when I saw the game.

I will admit though, as a deck builder I was pretty disappointed until Kaycee's Mod (which I just found out about last week xD). I'm still working my way through those challenges.

@Cadyn Neece @Loleo 

What do you/did you think of the game? What aspect of the game was most interesting to you?

@Booloomer

What aspect of the game are you interested in?

Ah, got it.

Do cards like the cat from Inscryption have their Effects in Inscryption being used as a basis for these YGO card's effects?

Maybe you should make another Inscryption-based monster that requires three tributes to summon?

Just because I think the Black Goat should have a real use.

first question i am sorry but a have a peanut for a brain and most of the cards have "Sigils" (sigils are like effects for them) and for the second one  i am looking through all the cards in Inscryption in order then ill make them have extra effects like in the game

ok so i took a look and "Black Goat" is the only card with that effect. so i will make custom cards with the effect.

24 minutes ago, Booloomer said:

Super cool cards! I like it!

If only Konami added an option for both story and effects on Monster cards...

Also, you should probably nerf the bear, or at least give it a restriction of something. 4000 ATK and 6000 DEF is a LOT for a basic Level 8 non-effect monster.

Yeah, you could probably say these are direct transcriptions from Inscryption. The effects work exactly as they do in-game.

If they wanted to be fit better into ygo, we could probably add some other effects that make them work together better.

5 minutes ago, Cadyn Neece said:

first question i am sorry but a have a peanut for a brain and most of the cards have "Sigils" (sigils are like effects for them) and for the second one  i am looking through all the cards in Inscryption in order then ill make them have extra effects like in the game

ok so i took a look and "Black Goat" is the only card with that effect. so i will make custom cards with the effect.

I think Boo was wondering if there are going to be any 3-tribute Inscryption monsters, otherwise Goat and Fly's effect is pretty useless for the theme.

Oh, also "Wolf" is a real ygo card xD

here are some more cards *me being a printer machine making 1 million copys of paper, play this sound in your mind really fast over and over ding ding ding ding ding ding* and a cat card i thought of when making these

1131791581_createcard(16).jpeg.a56abb7cea5e8da6a19b9810de543169.jpeg

You cannot Special Summon this card. During your opponent's Battle Phase all monsters on your side of the Field are changed to Defense Position then gain 3,000 DEF. this card cannot be destroyed by Battle or card effects. this card can be counted as three cards for a Tribute summon also if this card would be Tributed for a Tribute Summon this card will not be sent to the GY. During each Standby Phase you must choose one of these effects to activate: 

-Your opponent loses 250 LP and you gain 100 LP.         -Your opponent loses 100 LP and you gain 250 LP       -Draw one card      -Discard one card     -Both players discard one card then both players lose 500 LP     -Both players Draw one card then both gain 500 LP

1527899631_createcard(49).jpeg.50dc26f81535925eb6e3f6625a5b80b3.jpeg

1223539385_createcard(48).jpeg.288c40c50c6a00b02000a65fd27ed887.jpeg

1810754210_createcard(47).jpeg.05effd8e39b601b98406d562214c5561.jpeg

5 hours ago, Cadyn Neece said:

im just goin off the basics of what the bear is in Inscryption because it is overpowered in the game too

here is a picture of the card

download (2).jpeg

I mean it does require 3 tributes.

8 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

@Cadyn Neece @Loleo 

What do you/did you think of the game? What aspect of the game was most interesting to you?

@Booloomer

What aspect of the game are you interested in?

I liked everything from the story, to the hidden lore, the deck building, the puzzles, the various style of the scribes, even the paths. it was fun!

My favorite part would be the easter eggs and /spoiler the new game button addition spoiler/*

1 hour ago, TheImmaculateDreadLordCowCow said:

saw the topic in VG and wanted to say stuff cause it's such an interesting game but now I mostly see custom cards and am, frankly, confused

Eh, don't be. The context of the cards isn't really important; you can ignore it.

I didn't know Inscryption was a type of game you'd be into.

Just now, Lazarus IV said:

I didn't know Inscryption was a type of game you'd be into.

I like spooky things, and in general I do like card games. Honestly the card game is so solid and interesting, simple enough to get but diverse enough to experiment, I kinda hope they make more content with the systems.

It's kinda funny; I can handle a huge amount of thriller-esque/foreboding content but as soon as I get jumpscared once, nopenopenope.

With all the creepy undertones, I kept getting worried I'd be jumps cared at some point but... It just didn't happen. It got easier to concentrate on the game.

@YCMaker Sorry to bug you about this, but is there a way to add a working spoiler button on the site? It feels as though our discussion is limited if we can't openly discuss specific plot points.

Archived