Inscryption

Tinkerer

I've started to play the game, and it's amazing!

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

(POTENTIAL SPOILER)

I'm on my fourth life, I believe, and battling the Trapper/Trader. I've lowered the Boss' candle count to 1, and I'm up against the Trader.

Just had an insane run going.  Was playing on a lighter challenge mode, keeping the boss rares on.  Picked up a couple Mantis Gods and through a series of fortunate circumstances (yeah, always pick Mantis God), I ended up with this monstrosity on the "duplicate card" tile:

515340782_MantisgodUnlimited.thumb.JPG.43ac1956608c047e93f5efbc24d81b93.JPG

an 8/11 and a 9/11 Mantis God that returns to hand upon death/sacrifice, and makes a duplicate when played.  If I draw a single copy, I can instantly fill my board with copies as long as I have extenders.

...I ended up dying in the very next battle because I was basically out of items and I didn't draw into either copy of MG.

3 minutes ago, TheImmaculateDreadLordCowCow said:

I always see people use either mantis god or ouro and it makes me wonder how different the game would go without grabbing either

Honestly, turning off boss rares is one of the first things when I wanna do a high challenge run, so I don't usually see MG anymore xD

With those challenge runs, I'm usually not all that confident in my deck.  I typically have to pay a lot more attention, plan everything out better.  I'm always surprised if I actually manage to win.  The runs where I usually have a ridiculous card or an OP totem are usually the runs where I get absolutely destroyed.

As for Ouro... I make it a personal rule not to abuse Ouro (I can use it for sigil, but not for battle if I can help it).  I didn't even realize how Ouro worked in the base game until after I finished playing through the whole thing.

I actually just beat the First Part. I beat Leshy with the most powerful combo ever. First, I got the Boon of the Magpie's Eye (Insta-Search any card when drawing) and I also got Boon of the Ambidextrous (Draw Twice) allowing me to Insta-Search twice every turn. I also happened to have a 3 Power / 2 Health Mantis God with INSTA-KILL that only cost 1 Blood. Using cards like a Mycologist-Fused 7 Power / 11 Health Great Elk to tank, and some Player Cards to battle, I pushed through the first candle. I almost lost on the second candle, but Leshy had left a lane open, and I played a Player Card I had named Noob (I was trying to make it bad), which happened to have attack equal to the number of cards in my hand. That number was 11. I instantly blew out his second candle. I had searched and drawn my Mantis God on my first turn, but I saved it in my hand. With two card-power-equals-hand cards and Child 13 on the field, I used Child 13 to get my Mantis God on the field. The Moon was instantly destroyed by my Mantis God, which I had forgotten had insta-kill.

It was probably one of my greatest video-game accomplishments. Lots of fun!

Mantis God OP BOI.

I actually got to the Angler on my first life. I also managed to BLOW OUT HIS FIRST CANDLE ON MY FIRST TURN.

The Angler was not happy about that. My screen glitched with red particles and blacked out for a second, and as the Angler's eyes turned red, my screen blacked out - and 8 bears with flying defense appeared on his side of the field, as he said, "TOO FAST. TOO SOON." That was a pretty amazing thing to see happen.

Archived