Spirit Connections RP (Interest Check)

The City of Morikabe. A sprawling city, full of diversity and Duelists. There's a small club off of Kaiko Street, called the Twin Lancea Club. It's a Duelist club, not one of the more known ones. They're also a big name on the Balanced Customs scene. Anyone can join, and legend has it that their members can see Duel Spirits. Anyone, as long as they believe, can see them. Cards are hand-crafted with love. The Daimyo of the club, his name is Daothmir (Fun fact, that's my default name for any new rp oc-). There aren't too many members, because not many people can see Spirits, and he knows he needs people with the Emotional Attatchment to their cards, cause he has realized the true potential of bonding with your cards. They have all the card-making materials to make your dreams come true, but that's true of just any club these days. Eveyone wants to get to know each-other, ake friends, and become the biggest Duel Team in the city! 

If interested, follow this link to make a character-

The City of Morikabe. A sprawling city, full of diversity and Duelists. There's a small club off of Kaiko Street, called the Twin Lancea Club. It's a Duelist club, not one of the more known ones. They're also a big name on the Balanced Customs scene. Anyone can join, and legend has it that their members can see Duel Spirits. Anyone, as long as they believe, can see them. Cards are hand-crafted with love. The Daimyo of the club, his name is Daothmir (Fun fact, that's my default name for any new rp oc-). There aren't too many members, because not many people can see Spirits, and he knows he needs people with the Emotional Attatchment to their cards, cause he has realized the true potential of bonding with your cards. 

4 minutes ago, Redro said:

I'll note interest. Fun little sandbox RP with low stakes? I'm down.

Noice! I'll start the OC submission here soon!

2 hours ago, Daothmir Anorak said:

Well, you put your heart into it, and thereby a bit of your soul. This soul helps give the duel spirits life. This soul is known as the "Heart of the Cards." It's like pouring your heart out when writing or making art. But with each one, you gain a new friend.

so in a certain sense duel spirits are an extension of the makers of their cards?

If you're in the process to turn this into an RP, I'd suggest editing your opening post with:

1. General background information. You can pretty much just copy/paste what you have in your second post into your opening post.
  2. (Optional) A goal that the RP might strive toward. Optional, but it is really useful to have a goal in mind whenever the RP stalls. Alternatively, encourage the players to create their own goals when they make a character.
  3. Character creation guidelines. You mentioned this already and you could see examples of how this works in other RPs.
  4. (Optional) A name for the RP. Just adds a little bit of flavor.

You could edit the opening post or make a new RP post with this information now that you have some interest. Looking forward to playing~

On 3/10/2022 at 5:50 PM, Daothmir Anorak said:

Yea! But, they get to have their own personalities an such.

while i'm asking questions, for the purpose of character planning, what's the process for card making? do the characters use proxy cards in-universe, or does the group have the ability to make physical copies? and how does this interact with duel disks or any sort of duel disk substitute used in the rp? do they mod them or is there some sort of "official" customs scene run by the company that does whatever to allow the cards to be used, like making the card for player (for some sort of fee) the same way official cards are made so they can be used with unmodified dueling gear

1 hour ago, 0PxPz0 said:

while i'm asking questions, for the purpose of character planning, what's the process for card making? do the characters use proxy cards in-universe, or does the group have the ability to make physical copies? and how does this interact with duel disks or any sort of duel disk substitute used in the rp? do they mod them or is there some sort of "official" customs scene run by the company that does whatever to allow the cards to be used, like making the card for player (for some sort of fee) the same way official cards are made so they can be used with unmodified dueling gear

Well, they do have duel disks, officially allowed by the manufacturers to be modded to use custom cards, however, you do have to scan it so they can do a proper 3d rendering, so ye! Everyone can have their own shell, it's just the hardware that they need permission to mod.

• Daothmir Anorak changed the title to Spirit Connections RP (Interest Check)

In terms of running duels for the RP, you don't actually have to coordinate time to duel irl.  Trying to get that together tends to slow down the rp.  Of course, if the timing works for both people, you can go for it, but in other cases, I strongly recommend handling duels over DM.

If you work over DM, you can both figure out how you want the duel to go, who wins, add some dramatic flare, etc.  Then one person can post the whole thing in the RP.  It works as a good way to move things along without getting too hung up on the specifics of an irl duel (which are usually not as fun/lively).

Just some food for thought in case the RP starts moving towards duels~

• 4 weeks later...

Archived