Yu-Gi-Oh Spirit Connections

Daothmir Anorak

The City of Morikabe. A sprawling city, full of diversity and Duelists. There's a small club off of Kaiko Street, called the Twin Lancea Club. It's a Duelist club, not one of the more known ones. They're also a big name on the Balanced Customs scene. Anyone can join, and legend has it that their members can see Duel Spirits. Anyone, as long as they believe, can see them. Cards are hand-crafted with love. It's small, but very inviting, as you may have heard from the rumors. As you notice, it's small, and looks like a traditional Japanese minka, with it's doors wide open. There is an inviting aroma, almost wanting you to come in and check it out.

• Like 1

A man sits near the open door, looking out. Daothmir, or Dao as he is most called, sighs. Why this tactic? He wonders to himself if it will actually works, just as a young girl starts to approach with a small warrior on her shoulder.  Is this the right place? I'm pretty sure it is. I should enter, Shouldn't I, Hammerton? muttered the girl, and the wrrior nodded. She entered, and was greeted by Dao, who took he inside for tea. There, he learned the girl's name was Esther.

image.png.54754f53db032a6601908d2cd1d20250.png

Takeshi sat at a table furiously scribbling down deck ideas before immediately crossing them out, none quite what e was looking for, the whole time munching on pocky by the handful and scrolling through different pro duelist's stats on his tablet to figure out which type of strategy and aesthetic would work best. "Too focused on combo's. I want something more focused on big monsters, where just having one or two out is enough." he mumbled between bite, just as Dao led a girl over to the kitchenette for tea.

"Is this the right place? I'm pretty sure it is. I should enter, Shouldn't I, Hammerton?"

Noticing the girls duel spirit Takeshi immediately knew she'd be a good fit for Twin Lancea but otherwise stayed focused on his own things.

"Takeshiiiiii!" standing off to his side was his own duel spirit, a girl much younger than himself and made of bubbling water, who, by her expression, had taken offense to his comment. "What's wrong with combo decks? My cards are part of a combo deck aren't they?" she huffed at him.

"Well yeah." he explained calmly and patiently, despite this being the third or fourth time they'd had this discussion "But I wanna try a more brute force approach. Besides I can't make my big debut with a bunch of cutesy candy colored monsters can I? nobody would take me seriously."

he slumped over in his seat and pulled another box of sweets from his bag and pulled up the profile of a man with a preference for ritual monsters, a well known entertainment duelist.

"Maybe something like this guy . . ."

Glitso is wandering around, talking to everyone's spirits, having fun, but stops when he gets near Takeshi.  Glitso never could work up the courage to talk to him and Seltzer. Antivir stood right beside him, hand on his shoulder. "Right beside ya, Glitso. Go , and i'll be here in case it absolutely fails and bombs miserably, you can just come talk to me." Glitso Nods, and slowly approaches, kinda scared, kinda thrilled.

Meanwhile, Dao is talking with Esther, and gets to know about everything. "Well, you can stay here if need be. Welcome to the family of the Twin Lancea." 

"Thank you so much. I don't knw how I could repay our kind offer."

"No need to. We have room s upstairs, just find an empty one. Also, if you don't mind, find Glitso. He's about ye tall, and looks like this." He shows her the card, and Esther thanks Dao once again, and heads off to her new room. Dao starts to look around, to tal to other members, carrying a teapot in case anyone wants some.

Subi walks in and notices there is no trouble as his "hair" turns sky blue and he whispers under his breath "This is a nice place." He sits down nearby seemingly adjusting his hair, but really trying to get Cap Cap to settle down.

He sees Dao carrying teapot and waves him over hoping to get a drink and learn more about Twin Lancea.

"Welcome, my friend. The Twin Lancea welcomes you warmly. Would you care for some tea? Or do you come seeking information, or maybe both? Not many people come here, but we welcome anyone with open arms." Dao offers Subi a cup of tea, wondering Why his hair changed color as he entered the building. He then realizes it's probably a Duel Spirit, cause some have some wacky properties.  Just a he was thinking about it, Antivir pops in on his shoulder. 

"Hey Dao, we may need to help Glitso out in a bit. He's trying to talk to Takeshi and Seltzer, and he's a bit scared. I'm 99.5% sure it will work out well, but there is a small margin of error." 

"Alright, just let me know if it happens. We may have a new guest." 

Antivir goes off to find Hammeron, because they were having a nice talk about strategies in both Yu-Gi-Oh and in war, because they are both high-ranked commanders in their respective militaries.

Bored of Takeshi ignoring her, Seltzer looked around for something to do. There were the two new people that had showed up but they were having tea with Dao and watching humans drink things always squigged her out, and their duel spirits didn't seem like much fun either. A sentient hat and a scary looking guy in armor. It was then she overheard Antivir.

"Hey Dao, we may need to help Glitso out in a bit. He's trying to talk to Takeshi and Seltzer, and he's a bit scared."

"Scared of big bro Takeshi? That's silly." she accidentally thought our loud.

"Selly! don't be rude." Takeshi gave her a stern look before going back to his notes.

The duel spirit, quite literally, melted in embarrassment, the slinking across the floor in puddle form only to reform next to Glitso.

"Hey!" She whispered. "You really don't need to be shy around Takeshi, big bro's super sweet. He came up with my cards after all!" Seltzer stuck out her tongue and smirked before grabbing Glitso by the wrist and dragging him over to her duelist. "I have a great plan! Let's get Takeshi and Dao to duel, then you can see just how awesome he is, and he'll totally say yes if it's your idea!"

"I-I Didn't mean it that way... It's just- Most of the people here are not as cute and pretty as you two, and I couldn't really work up the courage because you looked very nice, and I'm just a lowly glitch, and I'm sure Takeshi is a great duelist. But Dao's my hero, and my greatest friend ever." Glitso may be smol and friendly, but he's not too good with self confidence. As he said this, he kept on rubbing the back of his head nervously. He wants to be friends, but was afraid that they'd turn him down. 

Peeking around the corner, Antivir and Hammerton gave Glitso a thumbs up, saying he was doing good. Confidence +2! 

"And plus, Dao needs more time, he's making us some more support. We're his main deck for now."

(This is just an excuse to say I haven't finished the archetype, and have no access to any online dueling applications atm)

Glitso just tries his best to not be insecure in front of the two, and he just does the thing where you grab your arm behind your back. He's just nervous, as he's never talked to anyone as beautiful, in his eyes, as Seltzer.

4 hours ago, Daothmir Anorak said:

"Welcome, my friend. The Twin Lancea welcomes you warmly. Would you care for some tea? Or do you come seeking information, or maybe both? Not many people come here, but we welcome anyone with open arms." Dao offers Subi a cup of tea, wondering Why his hair changed color as he entered the building. He then realizes it's probably a Duel Spirit, cause some have some wacky properties.  Just a he was thinking about it, Antivir pops in on his shoulder. 

Subi notices the polite gaze at his hair as he notes Dao's thoughts as probably half right if he's guessing what he's thinking correctly. Subi accepts the tea with 2 hands taking a second to blow off some steam before taking a sip. "Yes both, I've heard this is an accepting place filled with people that can see duel spirits. I was hopping to find a place I belong a little bit better. My school friends are interesting wonderful and have a diverse set of hobbies, but most of what they do doesn't entice me for long. Cap Cap here he pats his head is what I believe you call a 'duel spirit'? What's yours? What else do you know about this place?"

"Well, he is.  Many duel spirits have their own special abilities. I wonder... Antivir! C'mere!"

A small, golden gundam-like robot appears on Dao's shoulder.

"What is it Dao? Need any help?"

"Nothin, just wanted to introduce you two. This is my first ever duel spirit, Antivir.  He's way too over protective-"

"Am not!"

"Are too. anyways, he's just scared to lose anyone, and the first time Glitso, another of my spirits, went to the grave, he almost couldn't go on dueling. But He pushed through, and he finished, and he learned that Glitzo would be A-Ok."

Dao looks downcast, as he remembers that day, It brings up bad memries for some reason... best to not look too deep into it.

"Aslo, if you need a place to stay, we have rooms upstairs. You can come and go on your own accord, if need be."

Huh, it's louder than usual.  The young man thought to himself as he leaned back from his work.  Stretching, he glanced down at his mug.  Empty.  Well, it's about as good a time as any to get a refill and I'll be able to see what's going on downstairs.  Jax pushed the goggles back onto his hat and swung his chair around.  He hadn't intended to intrude, but Dao had been really kind to let him keep some of his tools here.  Besides, it was a much more convenient spot than his own home.

Jax made his way into the hall. As he approached the end of the landing, he saw a girl with silver hair climbing the stairs towards him.

"Heyo!" Jax said, holding out a hand to the girl, "Haven't seen you around before.  Name's Jackson, but everyone calls me Jax.  Whas your name?"

As he spoke, Jax heard a familiar grinding, whirring and clicking above him.  The amorphous form of Deus hovered above Jax like a cloud.  It seemed to reach down with a spindly appendage and held a gear to Jax's eye.  Like a kind of augmented reality, when Jax looked through the gear he could see a small humanoid on the girl's shoulder.

((OOC: If it wasn't clear, Jax cannot innately see duel spirits.  Deus allows him to look through a gear as though it were a monocle, letting Jax see/hear other monster spirits.))

29 minutes ago, Redro said:

"Heyo!" Jax said, holding out a hand to the girl, "Haven't seen you around before.  Name's Jackson, but everyone calls me Jax.  Whas your name?"

"O-Oh! I'm Esther, but you could call me Es. It's ok if you don't wanna. As for my Pal here, This is Hammerton. He may look tough, but he's a total softy.'

She reaches out, and gives Jax a firm shake. Hammerton doesn't even argue. He knows she's right, and just doesn't even need to put in the effort.

Esther realizes that she may be acting awkward, and tries to keep her cool. "Sorry if I'm acting weird, I'm still getting used to being around here. It takes quite a bit for me to get used to other people."

Hammerton just sits and puts his hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"And plus, Dao needs more time, he's making us some more support. We're his main deck for now."

Seltzer's bubbled fizzed faster as she pouted. "no fun."

"Don't sulk Selly, we can duel later." Takeshi didn't even look up this time, anticipating his partners reaction and reassuring her in a cheerful tone. "And Glitso, don't say stuff like that!" He hid his face behind his tablet so the spirit wouldn't see him blushing. "Me and Seltzer are gonna be the fiercest team you've ever seen someday, and it's embarrassing being called cute in front of these new people!"

Seltzer shrugged and returned to Takeshi's side before disappearing from sight. With her now gone Takeshi gathered his things and rushed upstairs, hopefully before anyone took notice of his flush expression. On the way he saw Jax introducing himself to one of the new people, the girl with the armor clad partner. Now that was the kind of monster Takeshi was trying to make, something that struck fear into his opponents heart and who an audience would dread to see him summon.

"Maybe warriors?" he muttered as he passed, jotting down ideas in his book for various strategies, themes, and names. "Synchro warriors? Pendulum, or am I overcomplicating this?"

Edited by 0PxPz0

"I don't doubt that. Even the prettiest ones can bring the pain. Trust me, I should know..."

His voice trails off, and he starts to look scared. He just tries t' shake it off and forget. It's best off forgotten. 

"I-I'm sorry if I embarrassed or offended you... I didn't mean to do it, but I just feel nervous talking to you two for some reason, and I'm not sure why. I just try to connect it all in my head, and that was the first one I chose to believe."

He actually looks frightened, and he's trying his hardest to NOT have a literal mental breakdown over fear he did something wrong and to not show any signs. HE just slowly backs away, and tries to hide away from them.

"Hey, no worries," Jax replied cheerfully, "I think we're all a little weird here, nothing wrong with that."

*Whir, Clunk*

Jax gestured to one of the empty rooms with his mug. "I think that room is empty if you wanna relax." He then points to his own room, "and my room's over there if you need anything. Maybe we can duel sometime!" Jax flashed her a smile before squeezing past her to head downstairs.

He entered the main room and felt the mechanical cloud over his head grow slightly to spread around the more open space.

"Heyo, Dao. Got any more coff--" Jax noticed another person he didn't recognize, "Oh wow, the place is getting pretty popular, huh?" Jax held out a hand to the new guy, "Name's Jax, what's your name, stranger?"

Edited by Redro
  • Like 1

"Seems so, Jax. We've been getting sooooo many new members, I'm impressed. Also, Coffee's in the kitchen."

Dao has his soon-to-be-signature Notepad out, and he's vigorously writing down card stats. Some granite dust gets blown off to the side, in a cloud of fine dust. He's writing with the speed of a sonic duck, and later, his new masterpiece is complete. The staple card of his new archetype, Bladed Dragon. 

Alamuir, Incarnate of the Bladed Dragon

Level 6/Earth

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

"Alson, the Bladed Dragon" + 1 LIGHT Warrior monster
This card is also treated as Dragon-type.
Whenever this card attacks, place a Scale counter on a target card. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Scale counters from a card, and target 1 monster your opponent controls, destroy it. During the End Phase, deal 50 damage to your opponent for the number of Scale counters on continuous spells you control

2000/3000

"And, now for the other one..."

Alson, the Bladed Dragon

Level 8/Earth

Dragon/Effect

You can remove 8 Scale conuters from cards on the field, special summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the graveyard as a fusion material monster, you can remove 5 Scale counters from any card on the field, return it to your hand. When this card attacks, place a Scale counter on a target card.

3200/1700

"Best keep this safe, so I don't forget about these."

Edited by Daothmir Anorak

(Finally, back after a bad week hopefully I can pick this right back up!)

On 3/17/2022 at 11:56 AM, Redro said:

"Oh wow, the place is getting pretty popular, huh?" Jax held out a hand to the new guy, "Name's Jax, what's your name, stranger?"

A little Surprised Subi turns around to meet the Googled man "He looks good with Machines, and he looks very prepared" Subi thinks. "Hello I'm Suboushi Sherikan, but you can call me Subi. It's nice to meet you. I was just asking Dao for some information about himself and this place, but you seem interesting to! I hope Dao doesn't mind us finishing the Tea he left here" Subi responds to the greeting by Jax.

(Do I need to change my text? Is it easy enough to read?)

Jax thanked Dao and sat down at the table with Subi.

"Eh, you could say coffee is my real cup of tea," Jax said with a grin, but he poured some tea into his empty mug anyway. "Yeah, I have to thank one of my friends for me being here.  I only started dueling recently and then afterwards, this guy shows up!" Jax pointed to the mechanical cloud above him.  "It's name is Deus. I think."

Jax took a long gulp of tea and slightly grimaced before continuing, "Anyways, I was confused and went looking for answers and found this place.  I figure I might as well hang out here when I can, n' see if I can learn more about duel spirits. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to make a card that'll be worthy of Deus.  So that's my story I guess.  What brought you here, uh... Subi, right?"

((OOC: I have no problem reading the text.))

Edited by Redro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Redro said:

Jax thanked Dao and sat down at the table with Subi.

"Eh, you could say coffee is my real cup of tea," Jax said with a grin, but he poured some tea into his empty mug anyway. "Yeah, I have to thank one of my friends for me being here.  I only started dueling recently and then afterwards, this guy shows up!" Jax pointed to the mechanical cloud above him.  "It's name is Deus. I think."

Jax took a long gulp of tea and slightly grimaced before continuing, "Anyways, I was confused and went looking for answers and found this place.  I figure I might as well hang out here when I can, n' see if I can learn more about duel spirits. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to make a card that'll be worthy of Deus.  So that's my story I guess.  What brought you here, uh... Subi, right?"

Subi is delighted to have met such a straightforward guy. Deus looks really cool. Subi had some questions for Jax, but first he responded to that last question: "I also just recently started dueling, mainly with a friend who has left recently, he crafted this deck for me." Subi presents his deck of Bellands. "They were a Christmas gift and something to hold onto while I wait for his return." Subi rubs his head and the flashy spikes on top rolled off into his hands maintaining the sky-blue color. "This is Cap Cap, even people that can see Spirits often miss him. He's really affectionate to kind people" Subi leans forward with an attempt at an air of Calculated reason to mask his anticipation. "You seem mighty fine at messing around, you think you can teach me a thing or 2 about making a deck of my own?"

5 hours ago, Redro said:

((OOC: I have no problem reading the text.))

((OOC: Great Thanks))

Jax raised his eyebrows. He hadn't noticed the hat-shaped spirit and he moved away Deus' monocle just to make sure.

"Wow, you weren't kidding! I'm sorry I didn't notice ya Cap Cap."

Jax looked down at the cards Subi was spreading. He didn't recognize them, but that wasn't a surprise.

"Ah... Well..." Jax scratched the back of his head, "I'm not really the best at coming up with decks either, to tell you the truth." Jax took another gulp of tea, "But, I find dueling to be a good way, uh, an effective way to know your deck's strengths and figure out its weak points."

Jax glanced down at his watch.

"I have a work shift in a couple of hours, but maybe we can have a quick match? There are some playmats over there if you want me to grab some...?"

Edited by Redro
  • Like 1

After some time thinking on his "premiere" archetype Takeshi's mind had wandered and, rather than making a brand new set of fearsome creatures, he'd yet again managed to make a series of feminine monsters. Generic but useful for supporting his current decks small banishment engine.

"Selly . . . why does this keep happening?" He asked his duel spirit, a look of befuddlement as he stared at his notes outlining the cards specifications.

She shrugged in response. "Does this mean we can duel now Takeshiiiii~" she sang out his voice in an annoyingly cutesy manner.

"We'll see . . ." he murmered back.

Having seemingly forgotten his outburst from not that long ago Takeshi took to the main room hoping for the clubs thoughts on his latest idea. Rather than talking to Dao and feeling awkward about how he'd snapped at Glitso he opted for Jax, currently talking to the fellow with the color changing hair, who's input he appreciated despite his inexperience in the crafting of cards.

"Hey! Err, hey, Jax. You got a minute?" He blushed, initially calling out much louder than he'd intended in his excitement. "I got something new and, um, I was wondering what you think." Takeshi slapped down his notebook, oblivious to his clubmates conversation he'd interrupted.

Along with the cards stats there were some rough doodles next to descriptions of the monsters appearance, each one a mermaid in a different environment be it a greenish swamp or an arctic sea. There was a note at the top listing the level, attack, and defense of the monsters that was shared by all four and on the top of the page in large bold letters Takeshi had written 'MAIDEN SERIES' with, of course, a sparkly pink gel pen.

"So they all have this shared effect." He pointed to a circled chunk of text off to the side. "The idea is for one turn they can drag their enemy underneath the surface of the water." He explained "Then they each also support banish and graveyard plays individually." He paused and thought about the way each one was intended to function. "Or, at least that's the idea."

Seltzer, meanwhile, had run off to apologize for her duelist.

"Hey Dao, where'd Glitso hide after big bro was all weird?"

@Daothmir Anorak, should i dm you the actual cards if i intend to use them, that way i can keep it somewhat of a surprise, or do you 100% want the entire card revealed in the IC thread like yours?

Jax's eyes turned from Subi and hit Takeshi's notebook.

"Can I really see them now?" Jax asked, "You kept the designs pretty private before, Kesh.  I'd be honored to have a look."

Takeshi flipped through a few of the pages and pointed to a line of text "So they all have this shared effect..." He was explaining.  Jax was caught up by the art, and the wheels were turning in his own head. "...then they each also support banish and graveyard plays individually.  ...Or, at least that's the idea."

Jax leaned back in his chair and let out a breath.  "Wow, I can see you put in a lot of effort into this." Jax said, "The visuals sound awesome, but I guess it's kinda hard for me to picture how all the pieces fit together in an abstract sense.  Do you have like a combo example or something?  I think that could help me get a better picture."

Jax squirmed a bit in his seat.  He was fine with the attention, but it did feel really awkward trying to give his thoughts to Takeshi.  Jax hadn't seen the boy duel yet, but he could tell that both Takeshi and Dao knew a lot more about the finer details of the game than he did.  Still, it wouldn't do to sit around and mope.

"On second thought..." Jax started, "I think Dao's got some card making samples around here, right?  Why don't we try them out.  Maybe you can tinker with your designs once you get a better feel for the deck's flow.  Sound like a plan?"

Dao looked oddly at Seltzer. "Sorry Sel, I honestly have no idea. Try finding Antivir, He'll know where. I think he was just so embarrassed so he just ran away. I don't think he meant to be rude if he came across that way. I'd try to comfort him, but I think he needs some time alone."
He toys with the hems of his kimono's sleeves, and thinks to himself about what he could do to form his new Bladed Dragons completely, and decides on making a counter-archetype that works in the same deck, to de-fuse monsters to go into the right thing for the job. He needs to come up with a name, however. He casually slips his notebook into his bag after jotting the idea down.

Seltzer sighed "Alright I guess . . ." While looking around for Antivir she happened upon her human partner at the card printer. "Takeshiiiiiiii, I'm bored!" she huffed and grabbed onto his wrist.

"Well," He playfully shook her off. "Lucky for you Jax is gonna help test out our new friends." he showed her the prototype cards, hands shaking a bit in anticipation. "So you can stop begging me to find us a duel for today." Takeshi stuck his tongue out at her while shuffling the new monsters into his deck. "I'm thinking we go bubblegum punk, what about you?"

"That one again? can't we do the old routine today?" Seltzer pouted, knowing she'd get her way.

"Well, I dunno . . ." He blushed and tried to look away but gave in almost immediately to his frustration. "Ugh, fine you little brat, old routine it is. But you have to be the one to get Jax to play along."

The pair shook hands and got ready, while Seltzer ran off to convince Jax to play his part Takeshi tried to sync his music to his duel disk

"At least I don't have to wear the costume this time." he thought.

Jax moved to the main duel area, flipping through his cards as he walked.  He was hoping to get to try out a couple customs he'd added to the deck.  He wasn't sure how useful they would be, but taking his own advice, it was probably better for him to test them against another duelist.

*GRIIIIND, CLUNK*

"Hmm?" Jax said, looking up at the mass of whirring machinery "what's up Deus?"

*Whirrr*

Deus' spindly appendage reached down and fit its monocle over Jax' right eye.  Jax looked through it to see Seltzer floating a few inches in front of his face.

"Whoa!" Jax exclaimed, jumping back and nearly dropping his cards, "Seltzer!"

"I kept trying to get your attention!" Seltzer said, pouting. "Were you ignoring me?"

"No," Jax said, heartbeat returning to normal, "I, uh, I can't actually see any duel spirits except Deus." Jax gestured toward the monocle-looking device "This piece of Deus lets me see and hear other duel spirits.  If I don't have it on, I won't know you're there.  I'm sorry about that..."

Jax really did feel bad and he felt another pang of inadequacy.  Trying not to let it show, he continued, "Uh, did you or Kesh need help with anything?"

Seltzer looked giddy as she floated over and whispered the plan in Jax's ear.  His eyes widened as he heard the plan and was already shaking his head no before the little duel spirit finished.  

"No way, I can't do that.  I'm a tinkerer, a fixer, I can't act!"

"Have you ever tried it before?" Seltzer cajoled "Who knows? You might like it!"

*Clink clank!*

"Et tu?" Jax asked.  Deus' machinery produced a sound that Jax interpreted as laughter.  Jax took a deep breath, "Fine.  But no audience.  This feels embarrassing enough already.  Just let Kesh know that I'm ready whenever he is."