Labyrinth Duels: a (Potential) Rulebook

Hello all! I have been browsing through the forums, and found an interesting post from Sleepy (All credits for this go to them!) about a real life version of Labyrinth Duels from the anime. I put most of the information from the post into a Google Doc. This is mostly for me and my friends to test out, but should any additional changes be made before we test it out?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PrYkkBmN7hBTQ5XniFi1kWkNFBJxfvQJB0zUQA2nbLY/edit

28 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Sleepy hiii, I believe you'll want to know about this post n.n

I actually liked it, never knew of this idea. Seems like it's been a while since you have had that grid game play idea in your mind eh? xD. Of course, this is quite different, but you know what I mean.

I'll be honest here, I had forgotten about that thread completely xD
I used to occasionally do threads at the now extinct section of "banlists & theory" that was a sub-area of TCG's section. I did all sorts of alternate rule suggestions and formats and twists because I thought the game evolved kinda rigid so I wanted to shake things up. 

I don't remember very well how I came up with the map but I must have tested it out with my brother IRL when we were able to hang out more often, with some cut pieces.
There is an actual Labyrinth game ruleset and map made by Kazuki Takahashi himself and even cards made just for it, but they were drawn as a side thing in the manga pages in the volume where the Paradox brothers duel. It was all fairly simplistic but I had fun with all those alternate mini-games he came up with throughout the manga's run and since I figured most readers wouldn't really go as far as printing and cutting them out for actual use, I wanted to do the honors of testing it out. 

If that is nowhere to be found online I could try scanning them if anybody is interested, I have the full manga right in my room after all xD
I guess I tried to update that minigame to include mechanics that did not exist during the original manga's time.

I made that thread back when spoilers worked and I see that they are now kinda broken but I'm glad the info itself is still there.

Archived