[DUNE] Dark Corridor

https://ygorganization.com/theonepieceisreal/

image.png.e1bf759ececb3abb087fd8408f790ad1.png

DUNE-JP059 暗黒回廊 Ankoku Kairou (Dark Corridor)
Spell
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Add 1 “Dark World” monster from the Deck to the hand, then discard 1 card.

...Umm, why the fuck is this in DUNE and not Animation Chronicle?

First colorless and now corridor, I wouldn't be surprised if they also add cobalt in this (and hopefully a new name but thats bit of a reach). I feel like a Fiend lock would be better than HOPT since it would discourage the usual generic ED bullshit without turning all other copies offline for a turn.

14 hours ago, Lacooda said:

This looks great. You either get Snow or this and you'll always have the Dark World you want around.
Does Polymerization trigger them or is its "send" different from the "discard"?

"Send" is different from "Discard" so polymerization doesn't trigger them. "Dark World Accession", their in archetype fusion spell, discards the materials so it does trigger the Dark World monsters.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:51 AM, KH911 said:

First Colourless and now Corridor, I wouldn't be surprised if they also add Cobalt in this (and hopefully a new name but that's bit of a reach).

If we were to have gotten Cobalt, it would've been in Animation Chronicle. Sure there are two slots between Colourless and Combat Wheel, but I'd say they're either S/Ts or cards used by someone else from GX.

Simple but effective, I guess? it does what DWs want. Would be funnier if it was also a "Dark World" card. Also feels a bit late to the party, guessing Grapha would have appreciated this when it was a top contender back when its Structure Deck was released.

However, I heard from a Yugituber IIRC that this card is actually not that great? it's hard OPT and gets no DW support and the explanation was that nowadays DWs already have the means to draw and search for whatever they want so this feels uneeded. But IDK, I have not analyzed what DWs do now with the latest support, let alone tested them.

On 4/27/2023 at 2:08 AM, Darj said:

Simple but effective, I guess? it does what DWs want. Would be funnier if it was also a "Dark World" card. Also feels a bit late to the party, guessing Grapha would have appreciated this when it was a top contender back when its Structure Deck was released.

However, I heard from a Yugituber IIRC that this card is actually not that great? it's hard OPT and gets no DW support and the explanation was that nowadays DWs already have the means to draw and search for whatever they want so this feels uneeded. But IDK, I have not analyzed what DWs do now with the latest support, let alone tested them.

As a long time DW main, this is absolutely a great card for the deck. The main problem is it's not a "Dark World" so it can't be searches and doesn't trigger things like Archives draw effect, and that it's HOPT. Like I already said, the hopt kinda kills it and is a lazy attempt (as usual) at balancing the card. I would remove the hopt and instead make it fiend lock for the rest of the turn to encourage running DW pure or semi-pure.

Archived