[AC03] Number 1: Infection Buzz King

https://ygorganization.com/whatabuzzkill/

image.png.25fc6596a4a62af10bb7ce4d000ba7f9.png

AC03-JP013 No.1 インフェクション・バアル・ゼブル Numbers 1 Infection Baal Zebul (Number 1: Infection Buzz King)
Rank 8/DARK/Fiend/Xyz/Effect
2+ Level 8 monsters
You can only use the (1) and (2) effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can look at your opponent’s Extra Deck and send 1 card from it to the GY.
(2) You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it, then, if it was a face-up monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK it had on the field.
(3) Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can attach 1 card from your opponent’s GY to this card as material.
3000/2500

This card would have been way better if the second effect was a Quick Effect and the First Effect attaches an a opponent’s Extra Deck card to it as material instead of sending it to the GY that would make this card way better.

Also on the note that the 3rd effect could be buffed to do both players Standby Phases.

Hhhhhhhh This card Really Fucking Sucks! >:( F Tier Trash

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

This is a really good card. It disrupts the opponent's extra deck without being as disgustingly overpowered as Diablosis, pops and burns, and even refills it's materials while disrupting opponent's GY. It does alot, but none of what it does is toxic or infuriating in any way. Can't wait to use this with Dark World, especially that it's a fiend so it doesn't break theme.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:36 AM, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

This card would have been way better if the second effect was a Quick Effect and the First Effect attaches an a opponent’s Extra Deck card to it as material instead of sending it to the GY that would make this card way better.

Also on the note that the 3rd effect could be buffed to do both players Standby Phases.

Hhhhhhhh This card Really Fucking Sucks! >:( F Tier Trash

I would disagree that this card sucks. I believe it has some potential, maybe not right now, but perhaps in the future.
Funny thing about the second effect, it was actually nerfed from the anime, where it burned for the full amount, meanwhile its 3rd effect was buffed as the anime version could only attach opponent's Numbers from the GY.

• Like 1

I'm a firm believer that most cards Konami releases are actually good cards, but they get completely overshadowed by a few overly powerful/gamebreaking cards. I wish people would stop using those few cards as the standard power level and actually recognize that those cards are an exception.

3 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

I would disagree that this card sucks. I believe it has some potential, maybe not right now, but perhaps in the future.
Funny thing about the second effect, it was actually nerfed from the anime, where it burned for the full amount, meanwhile its 3rd effect was buffed as the anime version could only attach opponent's Numbers from the GY.

I Guess maybe the card whould be too OP with a Quick Effect.

Looks pretty good to me.
The destruction effect is already a slight upgrade from Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon. It pops any card instead of face-ups, doesn't need 2 slots from your Extra so it can "ride" itself into the field, it disrupts the opponent's GY instead of the awkward "absorsbs equips" from the Photon, and never technically runs out of ammo.

Oh, and almost forgot about the burn. This is more likely to hit monsters than anything else I think so even though it is not a game-defining feature most of the time it is still worth remembering xD

The Extra Deck "look and get rid of" effects are always powerful. I'd put this card in some decks even if did not have this one, and at the same time I could see people running this card just for this part. Like, go first against Kashtira and get rid of Arise Heart which now is limited. That ought ot do something.