Nouvelles Rulings

So we already know ritual monsters have to be ritual summoned right? Except Nouvelles monster just summon other Nouvelles monsters right out of the deck, despite being ritual monsters, and they don't even say anything about ignoring summoning conditions. I was just doing some testing with Nouvelles and came across this question and couldn't find an answer: Can you use cards like "One for One" to summon your Nouvelles monsters out of the deck? To me, it seems like you should be able, since it special summons the same way the Nouvelles monsters do. I really need an answer for this because it has a big effect on how I build this deck.

It cannot Summon 'em. At least, simulators don't seem to allow it.

The Nouvelles effects seem to be one of those "because Konami said so" situations. They shouldn't work based on precedent/previous rulings, but they do so in order for the deck to function.

2 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

It cannot Summon 'em. At least, simulators don't seem to allow it.

The Nouvelles effects seem to be one of those "because Konami said so" situations. They shouldn't work based on precedent/previous rulings, but they do so in order for the deck to function.

"Because Konami said so" is so ridiculous. Why can't we just have just have simple, self explanatory, comprehensive rules instead dumb shit like this.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just forgot to print "ignoring summoning conditions", but they ended up errata-ing Hungry Burger to turn it from a Nomi to a Semi-Nomi, so it seems they were aware of at least an aspect of the problem.

Only reason I could think of is they were trying to save space? The texts on most of 'em are like 6 lines. Every archetype member would probably be within the top 5% longest monster effect texts in the game.

40 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just forgot to print "ignoring summoning conditions", but they ended up errata-ing Hungry Burger to turn it from a Nomi to a Semi-Nomi, so it seems they were aware of at least an aspect of the problem.

Only reason I could think of is they were trying to save space? The texts on most of 'em are like 6 lines. Every archetype member would probably be within the top 5% longest monster effect texts in the game.

I'd subscribe to the saving space idea. After all, it took 10 years for Relinquished to have the text "This card can be Ritual Summoned with Black Illusion Ritual" printed on the card.