[SD46] Crimson Gaia

https://ygorganization.com/gaiusatlas/

image.png.24f1beb04a0596b8743020bdf09359cf.png

SD46-JP026 Crimson Hellgaia / Crimson Gaia
Spell/Continuous
You can only use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase: You can add 1 “Red Dragon Archfiend”, or 1 card that mentions it except “Crimson Gaia”, from your Deck or GY to your hand.
(2) When your “Red Dragon Archfiend” declares an attack: You can change all monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position.
(3) If a monster(s) on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Red Dragon Archfiend” from your GY.

Love how this exclusively helps the OG Red Dragon, turning it into about the best removal, damage calc destruction is bothersome to deal with by anything that's not a Counter Trap and setting monsters is genius, bypassing built-in protections and killing any non-links. I wish the Stardust and Junk stuff had a searcher like this as well.

Random Flavor thing:

Red Hot and Scarright might be better wipes as stand-alone options, but I always preferred the OG flavor.
I think the the original's "stand up to me like a real warrior and give me your all because I want a challenge and that's what I consider a gesture of respect" is better than the manga's "you dare stand up to me? you defing me? who gave you permission?" flavor of Red-Hot. 
Scarright is, what? a base Red Dragon but with wielding visual elements of Scarred (strongest 5DS anime evolution) that doesn't say much about his phylosophy of a King, but it just hints at it being a more evolved version of Jack than the previous 2. A little vague for my taste compared to the other two but oh well [/random red dragon talk]

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 1