Black Magical Hat

ClemsContent

I always thought White Magical Hat was a cool card. But even in the days of hand control being a big deal, before GY effects were common, it never really got that much traction as a competitive option. To make it a little more viable, here is his brother, "Black Magical Hat", who banishes cards from your opponent's hand face-down, and inflicts piercing damage. 

If you've got a face-up White Magical Hat, you get a sort of Chain Destruction effect, banishing all cards of the same name face-down. But beware, it works both ways, and if you banish a staple from your opponent's hand, you will lose your copies too.

Still not a lot in the way of attack power, and winning a duel this way might be too slow. Perhaps some additional support is needed. I'm open to any ideas to breathe new life into this old card.

BlackMagicalHat.thumb.jpeg.26b1da2b52504938e0b64a13730f47cf.jpeg

When an effect like that happens, it can function in 2 different ways:

When 1 card (and no other cards) is banished, face-down
which means multiple simultaneous banishments are off limits for getting affected this way.

or When a card(s) is banished, face-down
which means you don't care how many cards are being banished, you can trigger it. When using this second form, the resolution can say
-choose 1 card banished this way.
- or you can just affect all cards banished said way. 

Those are 3 ways in which your chain destruction effect could function, and your current way of writing it doesn't leave all that clear which of these is the way your card functions. I'd like to ask for your intention there so I can know how to suggest a reword for it.

- - - - - 
Also, I recommend that regardless of what you choose, you change 2 more details about the card's effects:
-Change the "When" for "If" for mistiming shenanigans that just complicate when this works or when it fizzles out.
-Only trigger this chain destruction effect at all, when your monster is the one banishing with its effect. Otherwise you'll be able to use "Different Dimension Capsule" and "Pot of Desires" to trigger it, and although I think the capsule combo would be pretty sweet, that's most likely not your intention.

• 2 weeks later...

Sleepy mde good points and the power of the card will depend on the coices you make over the effects.

That aside, I'm a bit concerned on banishing from everywhere because IIRC some duel rules changes and now players are no longer required to show the entire hand, Deck, etc. to prove that all copies are banished so it could lead to cheating or misplaying in some way. Just a minor concern.

Also, maybe allow it to attack directly, with reduced or halved battle damage? Because even with piercing, it will be difficult to inflict damage with an original ATK of 1000.