[PHNI] Dark Guardian & Dark Element

https://ygorganization.com/takenawaytothedarkside/

image.png.549994fc346891645650b7b4e65ef65c.png

PHNI-JP013 闇の守護神-ダーク・ガーディアン Yami no Shugosha – Dark Guardian (Dark Guardian)
Level 12/DARK/Warrior/Effect
(This card is always treated as a “Gate Guardian” card.)
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with “Dark Element” or (from your hand or GY) by shuffling 1 “Sanga of the Thunder”, 1 “Kazejin”, and 1 “Suijin” into the Deck, from among your face-up cards on the field, in your hand or GY, and/or your face-up banished cards.
(1) Cannot be destroyed by battle.
(2) This card Special Summoned with “Dark Element” is unaffected by other monsters’ effects and your opponent’s activated Spell effects.
3800/3800

image.png.d5f09b5ddf334cd3adf3350986051ab6.png

PHNI-JP063 ダーク・エレメント Dark Element
Spell
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If you have a “Gate Guardian” monster in your GY: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 11 or higher “Gate Guardian” monster from your hand, Deck, or Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.
(2) You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 of your “Sanga of the Thunder”, “Kazejin”, or “Suijin” that is banished or in your Deck to your hand.

I'm no meta expert but this boss looks actually competitive. Big stats and becomes touch to crack through Dark Element, except vs. Decks like Labrynth and Golden Land. Dark Guardian could have been a Fusion Monster but I guess there are some advantages with being a maindeck monster?
I find amusing that the search effect of Dark Element grabs from either the Deck or banished cards, yet not cards in the GY xD