Kashtira Haters

Pluscat

Do you hate Kashtira Deck players as much as I do? Do you wish people would come up with their own, creative decks surrounding cards you haven't seen a thousand times? Do you wish people would try something new? This is for you...

* I don't HATE people who use Kashtira Decks, I get it - it's good. This is simply for people who don't like going against or using the deck.

as a person who runs budget branded at the locals but would prefer to run custom jank instead, i have to agree that playing against kash really sucks, or tearlaments before it, or any of the formats since custom builds got pushed out by self-building decks. the only real custom jank deck i've come across recently that really can hold its own against meta archetypes was when cyber stein was still unbanned. i wish it was still around - oh boy was it hilarious to see in action.

i do like cheeky plays - thinks like setting waking the dragon, then getting it popped and bringing out dragoon, or last warrior from another planet, or exterio. or running normal pendulums and putting in heart of the underdog and exodia just for laughs, back in pendulum format. but kash locking you out of spells/traps, and whatever else it does, isn't cheeky its just annoying, and i wish konami would overhaul the banlist and get the game back under control, or at least ban maxx c in the ocg so they couldn't build the entire game around that card anymore.

Edited by cr47t
added link to my maxx c analysis

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 8:13 PM, .Rooster said:

Considering jank decks are more expensive than meta slop in this accursed game you may as well join the dark side.

huh? i mean he wasnt even complaining about meta in general just mainly kash, not to mention we've always got the old formats to lean back on if it gets worse from here (with either kash or some new thingy)

edit: was going to post that picture of darth vader holding out his hand from empire but im kinda lazy today

Edited by cr47t
see post

What i hate most about this is its just copy paste. That counts for them all, tearlament kashitara and what not. Some pro posts his deck and every idiot that has no right or deserves to play the game hits copy and paste and plays. I don't them playing these archtypes or getting insperation on deck building from a pro, but make your damn it. Don't just copy make your own damn deck. That counts for all games everywhere. These people should not play the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lifeblood said:

What i hate most about this is its just copy paste. That counts for them all, tearlament kashitara and what not. Some pro posts his deck and every idiot that has no right or deserves to play the game hits copy and paste and plays. I don't them playing these archtypes or getting insperation on deck building from a pro, but make your damn it. Don't just copy make your own damn deck. That counts for all games everywhere. These people should not play the game.

the worst part about this is that it seems like konami is directly encouraging the copy and paste builds with how they design their decks, as if they know that people will spend more to play lower tier just because of this sentiment, and not taking any intiative to curb the power creep, competitive monotony, or any of the other issues with the modern state of the game which, now that i think about it, can almost all be traced to copy-paste decks. 

well, that and banning players by the pound instead of banning cards by the pound, and refusing to learn from past blunders (like allowing perfor-mapal/-mage escalating to the point of one of only two "emergency" banlists i know of in the games history, the other being the original in response to CED-yata, etc.) or even giving a shit about how the game is going as long as the fanbase keeps paying for tourney entry, packs, decks, new players coming in, just being content with coasting the coattails of kazuki's legacy and footing us the bill.

still, not quite as dickish as WOTC (yet)

On 11/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, Puppetmon said:

The final nail in the coffin will be the day that Komoney creates a card with this effect: "You win, LoL", with no drawbacks and no setup.

as someone who still remembers the player backlash to Self-Destruct Button for having an effect saying "both player's Life Points become 0" (yes this was a thing, and unbanned for at least one banlist cycle) and how obnoxious and not fun it was to play against it or even with it being the basis for your own deck, i don't think konami will do something that blatantly destructive anytime soon because veterans and newcomers alike would yell bloody murder over it. if anything the plug and play deckbuilding is the more realistic of modern TCG's problems IMO.

Edited by cr47t
fixed "veterans" typo

• 4 weeks later...