Scripting your Custom Archetypes

Hello all, I have recently seen alot of custom cards on this platform and using my extensive coding knowledge I have learned how to script cards for the game EDOPro. If you are interested in being able to use your custom cards/archetypes you can message me, and I can do so for you. I have been wanting to do this for a while now and it seems like it would be interesting for me. If you are interested, send me a message with, the card/cards names, what archetype they are a part of, the effects of the cards (written well), and the card art. If you do this I can get them scripted within a week at the most, depending on the size or amount of cards as well as the complexity of the cards. This would specifically be for EDOPro as YGOOmega is a little weird. Also you would only be able to use the cards for yourself or with others on LAN as long as they also have the cards. I also can help you if you need any help putting the cards in the correct location and such. I hope to hear from some people, cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, The2kGod Raah said:

Hello all, I have recently seen alot of custom cards on this platform and using my extensive coding knowledge I have learned how to script cards for the game EDOPro. If you are interested in being able to use your custom cards/archetypes you can message me, and I can do so for you. I have been wanting to do this for a while now and it seems like it would be interesting for me. If you are interested, send me a message with, the card/cards names, what archetype they are a part of, the effects of the cards (written well), and the card art. If you do this I can get them scripted within a week at the most, depending on the size or amount of cards as well as the complexity of the cards. This would specifically be for EDOPro as YGOOmega is a little weird. Also you would only be able to use the cards for yourself or with others on LAN as long as they also have the cards. I also can help you if you need any help putting the cards in the correct location and such. I hope to hear from some people, cheers!

This is not where you would post this. This is where cards go.

18 hours ago, The2kGod Raah said:

That is an INCREDIBLE power you have. I do some coding for Java and made some cool things, but coding for a yugioh simulator seems like an impossible task

@Ahmed Alzubi

This shouldn't be a problem. I may need clarification on text description when possible but I should be able to script these cards within a Week. I'll let you know my progress along the way. If there is a specific archetype of these two that you would want done first let me know. :)

On 2/29/2024 at 10:54 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

This is not where you would post this. This is where cards go.

Where should I post this? I really do just want people to be able to enjoy the cards they create since I have the ability to do so

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ahmad Alzubi said:

Nice of you to offer that.

Can you script my cards listed in this thread (totally 18 cards, and I'm fully understandable if that's too much):

Ok I am almost finished with the initial step of your custom cards, but I need to know what the difference between cards that say "Immortal Dragon" or "Immortal Dragons" since Immortal Dragon would encompass the Immortal Dragons since thats how naming conventions are, but I dont know if that is what you intended? I also need to know about the card named "Immortal Dragon" already in yugioh. Does that count for some of these monster's effects? Other than that the first step, which is getting the cards into the game will be finished, and then I can start actually scripting the cards.

12 hours ago, The2kGod Raah said:

@Ahmed Alzubi

This shouldn't be a problem. I may need clarification on text description when possible but I should be able to script these cards within a Week. I'll let you know my progress along the way. If there is a specific archetype of these two that you would want done first let me know. :)

Thank you.

I was asking to script Immortal Dragons... for the text clarification,, I beleive it's completely following the PSCT, but of course, if you jeed anything just tell me 

Thanks in advance

Ok I am almost finished with the initial step of your custom cards, but I need to know what the difference between cards that say "Immortal Dragon" or "Immortal Dragons" since Immortal Dragon would encompass the Immortal Dragons since thats how naming conventions are, but I dont know if that is what you intended? I also need to know about the card named "Immortal Dragon" already in yugioh. Does that count for some of these monster's effects? Other than that the first step, which is getting the cards into the game will be finished, and then I can start actually scripting the cards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The2kGod Raah said:

Im already install EDOpro on my phone, how to add my own custom card to it..? 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:58 AM, The2kGod Raah said:

I am extremely interested in this. But my Archetype is, by all means, monstrous. To the point I think it's the largest custom archetype. In general. We're talking 90-100 cards plus

8 hours ago, The2kGod Raah said:

It's "Immortal Dragon", the rest is a typo, I will recheck the text and update them on the original post, and I'll mention you and color the changes.

in regard of the card immortal dragon, it's unrelated

and I'm glad to hear that you have progress, appreciated

12 hours ago, PrinceAsmodeus said:

I am extremely interested in this. But my Archetype is, by all means, monstrous. To the point I think it's the largest custom archetype. In general. We're talking 90-100 cards plus

I dont think I can do that many cards in a week lol

16 hours ago, Yuma Kaiba said:

Im already install EDOpro on my phone, how to add my own custom card to it..? 

I dont know about the phone version. Only the laptop version however, if you can open the file location on your phone for the app, if you know how to do so, I can maybe help tell you where everything is located

7 hours ago, Ahmad Alzubi said:

It's "Immortal Dragon", the rest is a typo, I will recheck the text and update them on the original post, and I'll mention you and color the changes.

in regard of the card immortal dragon, it's unrelated

and I'm glad to hear that you have progress, appreciated

So with some of your card text, alot of it doesnt make sense. I will give you the times it doesnt make sense. 

-Mortaar, King of the Immortal Dragons : "While you control a Dragon monster: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects and neither player can target it with card effects" this shouldnt have the ":" as the effect doesnt activate.  "You can Shuffle 1 card from your Field, GY or Banishment;" needs the location on where it goes

-Patrica, Queen of the Immortal Dragons: "During The Main Phase: You can Target 1 Banished Dragon Monster; Special Summon it. " Durring whose main phase and if both need an "either" or "(Quick Effect)" in it. "While this card is in your GY or Banishment, If a card(s) is added from the Main Deck to your opponent's hand, except during the Draw Phase (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 card from your Field, GY or Banishment;" this needs the location on where you shuffle it into.

Oblivion, Knight of the Immortal Dragons: "You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Continuous Spell/Trap on either field, OR, If you control "Mortaar, King of the Immortal Dragons": Without Tributing." It seems like you want to be able to not tribute if you control the said card however you have added : which means you activate an effect that says without tributing however there is no such effect. You could make it not an activated effect.

each Maiden of the Immortal Dragons: Has the During the Main Phase: problem as before. A note on Karawya "If this Continuous Spell card leaves the field (Quick Effect): You can place 1 "Immortal Dragon" Continuous Spell/Trap from your Deck face-up on your field, a" does not activate the continous spell just to clarify if you wanted that to happen.

Fortress of the Immortal Dragons' Nation: "Once per turn: An "Immortal Dragon" monster in your hand, that would send 1 Continuous Spell/Trap to the GY to Special Summon itself, do not have to send 1 Continuous Spell/Trap to the GY to Special Summon itself." The wording is off, however if you wanted to make it Once per turn, if an "Immortal Dragon" monster in your hand would send 1 ......, you can Special Summon itself without sending a Continous Spell card instead. however the effect is still a little weird of writing. There is another little weird thing in the second effect but I can understand what you want to do there.

These are all the problems right now, and any grammer or punctuation mistakes, I dont really care for since they don't change what I think you mean. But these mistakes are pretty important

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, Jordan Ashwood said:

That is an INCREDIBLE power you have. I do some coding for Java and made some cool things, but coding for a yugioh simulator seems like an impossible task

It is less difficult than you may think, however you do need LUA knowledge since that is the code it is based in. You also need to know the file locations to put things and how they all work together, but it is very similar to YGOOmega, which uses JAVA I believe

39 minutes ago, Yuma Kaiba said:

Ya of course, but, what is the name of the object that must be "edited".? So that my custom card can be played.

So the folders that need to be edited are the expansions, pics, and scripts folders respectively. The expansions folder is going to be putting a base card in the game with all of the texts as well as the data of the card, for instance what type, attribute, atk stat, acrhetype set code, ect. Then the pics folder will be where you put all of your pics of the cards themselves. Each card has a code id which will be used by both pics expansions and scripts in different ways. Scripts is where you actually script the card and you are going to want to put that in the unofficial scripts folder. The final part is the naming conventions of each. The expansions can be named anything as long as it matches the same naming conventions as the other expansions already there. The pics have to be the id number of the card you created in expansions, and the script must be c[id number of the card you created].lua

This is just to start putting custom cards in the game but scripting the cards is a different process entirely. Specifically knowing how to script cards in this game without copying other scripts is the hard part. Effects like If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: [Add card from Deck to hand] effects that are in almost every deck are easy, however knowing how to create effects that are way different than other effects are what is hard about scripting. Each card type also has different rules depending on how you script the card. Also field spell pics go into a different folder. I hope this helps

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The2kGod Raah said:

So with some of your card text, alot of it doesnt make sense. I will give you the times it doesnt make sense. 

-Mortaar, King of the Immortal Dragons : "While you control a Dragon monster: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects and neither player can target it with card effects" this shouldnt have the ":" as the effect doesnt activate.  "You can Shuffle 1 card from your Field, GY or Banishment;" needs the location on where it goes

-Patrica, Queen of the Immortal Dragons: "During The Main Phase: You can Target 1 Banished Dragon Monster; Special Summon it. " Durring whose main phase and if both need an "either" or "(Quick Effect)" in it. "While this card is in your GY or Banishment, If a card(s) is added from the Main Deck to your opponent's hand, except during the Draw Phase (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 card from your Field, GY or Banishment;" this needs the location on where you shuffle it into.

Oblivion, Knight of the Immortal Dragons: "You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Continuous Spell/Trap on either field, OR, If you control "Mortaar, King of the Immortal Dragons": Without Tributing." It seems like you want to be able to not tribute if you control the said card however you have added : which means you activate an effect that says without tributing however there is no such effect. You could make it not an activated effect.

each Maiden of the Immortal Dragons: Has the During the Main Phase: problem as before. A note on Karawya "If this Continuous Spell card leaves the field (Quick Effect): You can place 1 "Immortal Dragon" Continuous Spell/Trap from your Deck face-up on your field, a" does not activate the continous spell just to clarify if you wanted that to happen.

Fortress of the Immortal Dragons' Nation: "Once per turn: An "Immortal Dragon" monster in your hand, that would send 1 Continuous Spell/Trap to the GY to Special Summon itself, do not have to send 1 Continuous Spell/Trap to the GY to Special Summon itself." The wording is off, however if you wanted to make it Once per turn, if an "Immortal Dragon" monster in your hand would send 1 ......, you can Special Summon itself without sending a Continous Spell card instead. however the effect is still a little weird of writing. There is another little weird thing in the second effect but I can understand what you want to do there.

These are all the problems right now, and any grammer or punctuation mistakes, I dont really care for since they don't change what I think you mean. But these mistakes are pretty important

Thanks for the feedback, I have fixed all I can, but, In regard of Karawya the maiden: I don't think there's a problem with the text since I copied the text of "The Bystial Lubellion" since it's a very si,ilar effect

Edited by Ahmad Alzubi