A Tyranny of Inches

Falling Pizza

• Administrators

Dear YCM Community Members, 

Destitution does not arrive at our doorstep without warning. It is the culmination of a slowly beaten drum. Today, we on these very forums count the days that YCMaker has dared to abstain from implementing updates; tomorrow, we will live in a constant state of wait, never truly enjoying the fruits of his coding because of the anticipation we let to consume us. When I was a passionate card creator, I awoke each day overflowing with excitement, not about what new feature, what new interface, what new shiny effects might be unveiled— what pulled me out of bed each day was envisioning the cards I would create. The captions, the artwork, the attack-to-defense ratios and wondrous titles were so dreamy that when I awoke I often had to change my sheets. Today we count the days. In my day, we got lost in the hours. 

Tyranny does not just arrive at our doorstep without our complacency. Neither does the yugiohcardmaker disappear without our complicity. If we continue down the currently trodden path, we risk everything. I ask the yugiohcardmaker community— what is it that we value: facile novelty, or our fundamental craft? 

I already know in my heart that our community knows the answer to this question. 

Your deputy,

Falling pizza

Which path is this referring to exactly or is it intentionally vague? There's no way you really came on just to say "YCMaker hasn't done anything but that's fine just keep making cards don't complain" right?

Also interesting that YCMaker visits first time in months then this, what a "coincidence"

This is very silly

Edited by LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow said:

Which path is this referring to exactly or is it intentionally vague? There's no way you really came on just to say "YCMaker hasn't done anything but that's fine just keep making cards don't complain" right?

Also interesting that YCMaker visits first time in months then this, what a "coincidence"

This is very silly

Yeah I totally agree with what you just said right there.

Also isn't weird that @Falling Pizza was on a hiatus and hasn't been active since 2019 just to show up in 2024 just to tell us this lol.

There is a reason why I stop creating and posting cards the card maker is still in broken state.

20 minutes ago, Yui said:

image.png?ex=660a040c&is=65f78f0c&hm=0ce

lol maybe they are the same person or user *cough* *cough*  I wonder why I'm getting so suspicious of this post you know why this site is skeleton right its because there is no updates to the site what so ever no customization on the site on top of that.

YCM maybe the place I know but this is why NCM is better.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on this website since 2011 and you have been broadly known as the guy who created the cardmaker and is never around for all of that timeframe. Yes it's your website and you can do whatever you want with it, great argument man but I would dare you to perhaps engage with the criticism you receive on a more intellectual level than "This is actually mine I own it and I let you use it and you should be grateful". It is obviously too late for that though as this attitude and its associated approach to leadership has already achieved its logical end of driving the community away, be that to the website which must not be named or just away entirely from the space.

It's great that you used to like making cards, I did too, particularly when I first found this website at the age of 14. I remember vividly the first cards that I posted and the mixture of anticipation nerves dread excitement all that shit tied to sharing something I had made that I actually wanted to be good with people I did not know for the first time in my life, checking the family computer every 10, 15 minutes to see if anyone had replied or if anyone had even viewed or was viewing the thread. Those minutes turned to hours and those hours turned to days and the days to weeks to months to years and I'm 26 moderating that same now largely abandoned stage.

In that time I don't see 12 years worth of technological advancement or functional improvement in the cardmaker. I see a pet project that is intermittently worked on as a life is led. And that's fine, that's completely fine, but you can't actually just be normal about it and acknowledge it as such, you're never the guy who created the cardmaker and sometimes works on it in his spare time you're always the great and glorious leader returning from who knows where to bless the unruly baying mob with maybe another scrap maybe a verbal dressing down for having the cheek to question our leader's commitment in the midst of his latest year-long hibernation.

It is beyond comical for you to sockpuppet another account to make this post to an audience of about 15 actual people on a forum that at a time had hundreds. Like there isn't really anything I can say that is as funny or damning as just the broader context of this post and its own content. You're a twat.

• Like 8

On 3/17/2024 at 3:01 PM, Falling Pizza said:

Tyranny does not just arrive at our doorstep without our complacency. Neither does the yugiohcardmaker disappear without our complicity. If we continue down the currently trodden path, we risk everything. I ask the yugiohcardmaker community— what is it that we value: facile novelty, or our fundamental craft? 

I already know in my heart that our community knows the answer to this question. 

Your deputy,

Falling pizza

Wow. That's a lot of words. Many of which don't mean anything of substance and can just be attributed to exposition for the sake of increasing length.

On 3/17/2024 at 3:01 PM, Falling Pizza said:

Today, we on these very forums count the days that YCMaker has dared to abstain from implementing updates; tomorrow, we will live in a constant state of wait, never truly enjoying the fruits of his coding because of the anticipation we let to consume us. When I was a passionate card creator, I awoke each day overflowing with excitement, not about what new feature, what new interface, what new shiny effects might be unveiled— what pulled me out of bed each day was envisioning the cards I would create.

To paraphrase:

"Eh, don't worry about YCMaker! Just do what you could already do on this site! And make cards! You don't need any new features to do that!"

Wow! Wonderful! In that case, make yourself useful and help clean up! We'd appreciate the extra hand in dealing with all these bots. I mean, unless you really want an exotic date like they claim.

:526094_key:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2