[INFO] Multchummy Purulia

https://ygorganization.com/maxxkawaii/

image.thumb.png.536a4244fceb80dee8ab3b508ff85dfd.png

INFO-JP027 マルチャミー・プルリア Multchummy Purulia
Level 4/WATER/Aqua/Effect
You can only activate the effects of other “Multammy” monsters once during the turn you activate this card’s effect.
(1) If you control no cards (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; apply these effects for the rest of this turn.
● Each time your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s) from the hand, immediately draw 1 card.
● During the End Phase, if you have more cards in your hand than the number of cards your opponent controls +6, shuffle random cards from your hand into the Deck equal to the difference.
100/600

I was on the fence about this one, but I like it actually.
Only from hand means older GY centric decks, Summons from Extra Deck, and Summons from main or banishment are all sparred.
It also includes Normal Summons so no longer are decks like Flownder immune to it.

I'm not sure if the excess effect is truly a drawback though..... your max becomes 6+ opponent's field size which is always gonna be like 11 to 18 cards max (hard to surpass that amount). You'll also likely have handtraps putting stops to opponent plays at the same time as preventing you from accumulating them in hand..... I think it'd still be good without the +6 detail in it..... like, use the +6 on the "limit cap" part but have the returned cards count just opp cards perhaps.....

Oh well it's already made so I guess we'll see how it is.
OCG is gonna be having 6 Maxx Cs it seems.

EDIT:
Somehow I missed the "control no cards" bit..... nevermind. it's less worrysome than I already thought. It'll be interesting to see how it does. I truly have no idea how it'll turn out this time on the long run xD

Edited by Sleepy

I'm a huge fan of this card. I've always been a believer that Maxx "C" as a concept is necessary. It was meant to be a card that punishes your opponent for overextending, the problem is that you could go first, set up an unbreakable board, and then on your opponent's turn use Maxx "C" to recover all your resources. It was also a bit too strong in what it did, effectively ending the turn it's used. 

This card does exactly what Maxx "C" was supposed to do, and is actually balanecd. Not to mention you can use multiple of these per turn so if you open multiples then 1. It doesn't die to Ash and 2. You get multiple draws per summon. It also mentions other "Multchummy" monsters, so my guess is it will be a series of hand traps like the Ghost Girls that each allow you to draw cards for summons from different locations. So this one for monsters summoned from hand, another one for GY, another for extra deck, etc.

Very excited to see what this card means for the future of the game, and most likely will lead to the banning of Maxx "C" in OCG and Masterduel.

• Like 1