"Favourite" 4Kids dubbing stunt

By "favourite" read "saddest".

You can talk about anything really, censorship, really bad dub-exclusive jokes, completely altered characters in comparison to their japansese counterparts (yes, I'm thinkg Edo)...

My "favourite" 4Kids moment is definitely the one where Yami battles Arcana, the clown guy who also had a Dark Magician. Regarding the penatly game, there were those two huge spinning blades that got closer to the duelists' legs each time they lost Life Points. What did the blades do? Cut their legs, like in the japanese anime (and anywhere in the world where spinning blades come in contact with a human leg)?

No. The blades were magical and when they touched someone, they would go the Shadow Realm. Woooo.

as for me,it would be during the duel (Yugi VS Arcana),some of Arcana's deck is changed to different cards,including Obelisk & Ra.

At that,I thought:Why didn't that fool summon Obelisk/Ra when he can easily blast Yugi's life points to zero?

lol! My worst has to be the censoring of most Female Monsters (Especially BMG's Cleavage) Also most of the back story ripped out to concentrate more on the Marketing Ploy' date=' I mean Dueling

[/quote']

Boy,you're sure a perverted fella.

My fav was when Syrus said something about a rumour.

Jaden says' date=' "The rumor was when they said you hit puberty."

[/quote']

That never happened.

Another funny one are those times in gx season 3 when Syrus breaks down the 4th wall & his "Syrus Spin-off Show".

If we are talking about good parts of the Series. Then there is a part in the first series where Syrus is trying to psyche himself up for the upcoming tag duel. "I Believe in myself" Suddenly he screams it out loud "I BELIEVE IN MYSELF JADEN!"

No, we're not talking about the good parts, if there are any. We're talking about 4Kids, therefore we can't be talking about "good parts".

Vent your frustrations at that lousy dubbing company, that's what this thread is here for. At least I hope it'll prevent other threads about the anime to have 4Kids mentioned on them.

Once again' date=' awsome signature with the fail thing.

[/quote']

1st: The sig will alternate between the FAIL and another sig of my favourite mosnters. It randomly selects one of them when the page is loaded, so don't be surprised if it seems like I change it a lot; it's random.

2nd and most importantly, your comment is spam because it is completely unrelated to the discussion at hand.

The most noticeable change is that Kaiba was NOT a completely cruel, uncaring, rich boy.

4kids made him that way.

In the JAPANESE anime, Kaiba was slightly cold, but he acted purely in the best interests of everyone.

Also, people tend to talk a LOT more in the 4kids version, where there was silence and ambient music in the original.

Archived