Who said that life points matter?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever had a duel this close?

I remember that time when my opponent had like' date=' two Gigaplants and a face-down card, and I had 800 LP left. And I managed to summon 3 DaD in one turn. That was great.

[/quote']

Hm.....

Sounds familiar.

xD

Something like 200 LP...

Erm' date=' just wondering, has anyone actually read the duel?

I've got the feeling you are all [b']too scared too download it, too lazy to read it or just not caring at all about that duel.[/b]

Bleh...

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Erm' date=' just wondering, has anyone actually read the duel?

I've got the feeling you are all too scared too download it, too lazy to read it or just not caring at all about that duel.

[/quote']

It says it can't find the download.

Once, I was dueling someone with a DAD deck (a good one, O,x) and he had 25 LP left from all his Solemns and RFtDDs. He was one of those types that said that LP don't matter at all.

I pulled RoD.

So, yes, life points matter to some degree. They may not be that important, and you can certainly get away with very heavy costs, but they do matter at all. Especially when they hit 0.

At my locals, I was dueling someone with Gladiator Beasts. He had 400 LP left from the last turn, while I still had 8000, I topdecked a Spirit Reaper, brought him down to 100, and eventually lost. I was pissed.

And though Life Points are a nice safety net, it's a whole lot more important to seize control of the duel than to keep your Life Points high. That's why Solemn Judgment is good, if you can negate a key card of your opponent's, thus screwing over his strategy, or keep a key card of your's in play, thus letting you maintain the momentum necessary to win, it's easily worth the cost.

That's also why Solemn Judgment is good for the metagame, you need to think about when it's smart to use it and when it's just stupid.

At my locals' date=' I was dueling someone with Gladiator Beasts. He had 400 LP left from the last turn, while I still had 8000, I topdecked a Spirit Reaper, brought him down to 100, and eventually lost. I was pissed.

And though Life Points are a nice safety net, it's [b']a whole lot more important[/b] to seize control of the duel than to keep your Life Points high. That's why Solemn Judgment is good, if you can negate a key card of your opponent's, thus screwing over his strategy, or keep a key card of your's in play, thus letting you maintain the momentum necessary to win, it's easily worth the cost.

That's also why Solemn Judgment is good for the metagame, you need to think about when it's smart to use it and when it's just stupid.

Persons who prefer nice lies instead of harsher truths... have mental problems.

It's people and not persons.

Grammatically' date=' either is correct. The difference lies only in connotation.

You're a very good talker, it would make it all the more better if you said the words right.

You're a sucky "talker", but even talking less suckily wouldn't stop you from being wrong.

Grammatically' date=' either is correct. The difference lies only in connotation.

You're a very good talker, it would make it all the more better if you said the words right.

You're a sucky "talker", but even talking less suckily wouldn't stop you from being wrong.

Thanks for saying that! [/sarcasm] of course you JUST HAD TO come into the conversation and diss me.

Thanks for saying that! [/sarcasm] of course you JUST HAD TO come into the conversation and diss me.

Naturally. It's part of my stated agenda.

Archived