The Elite Raters [THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED!]

Thar

The Elite Raters

The Elite Raters

2d1mkx4.gif

NOTE: Please do not post on this thread if you are not a member. If you want to become a member, look at the "How do I become a Member?" section.

What is "The Elite Raters"?

The Elite Raiders is the top dog for rating cards. If you have a serious mind for rating cards, then this is the club for you. Also, if you're a "New Member" or "Member," you will learn what a good card is inside and out and how to rate it properly.

What will we "rookies" learn?

You will learn how to rate the following: OCG, Images, Name, and Balance. These will be rated seperate, and will be averaged up for the card rate. Every member must have a rating chart with a comment for every rating. An example is in my signature.

How do I become a member?

There will be a thread that will decide on who will be a new member. This will filter down the talented card makers, and considering they are good at making cards, they are good at rating them. This is just to make sure there are no spammers in this club. GOOD CARD MAKERS/RATERS DO NOT SPAM!!!

Club Members

Club Members

Ranks

Elite - 2 stars or lower

Void

Chidori

01alim

galf

Emperotic - 3 to 4 stars

The Almighty Animator

komui2

theodore214

TR_Headshot

Zephkaaa

SwiftObliterater

Atomix

Death Metal

NOOB Hunter

ghosts

Lord Whitey

Deitic - 5 stars or higher

Doom Wraith

Sahora San Mati

Hunter the Legend

The Dark Master

RacecaR

Wombat the Wanderer

Infinity (Leaders) - There will be contests to decide who will be this rank.

-

The amount of points you have will determine your rank (your level stars will give an exception.) Points will be awarded depending on the number of cards you rated. You will also get points for getting a high enough score on the filter thread depending on your card rate.

If you have any questions about the club, PM me.

ELITE RATERS UNITE!!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet...So what do the Dietic's do exactly? You never explained.

Also' date=' is it alright if different members have their own system of rating? I've been using a new system that helps pretty well.

[/quote']

The Dietics are basically the top ranked raters. They help run the club and get the Elite and Emperotic in the flow of rating members, just think of it as telling them about new members who posted a card.

Yes, you can use your own system. The way you rate it doesn't matter, if the "noob" passes the test, they are not considered noobs. The passing rate is 7/10 or higher.

BTW what is your new system?

Alright cool...Here's my system

Name of Card = 2 total points. take half a point off for every mistake in the list:

-Not Unique

-Doesn't Fit the Card Well.

-Not interesting.

-General Errors (Like commas, wrong Capitalization, too much in the title(or too long))

Picture: 2 total points. take half a point off for each mistake listed.

-Not Unique (Over used)

-Doesn't fit the card well.

-Bad resolution.

-Unrealistic.

Effect: 6 total points.

-Take 2 points off for OCG errors.

-Take 1.5 points off for Unbalanced.

-Take 1.5 points off for Puncuation and Capitalization.

-Take 1 point off or not being unique.

And then add up the total points he loses, and subtract that from 10, and there's his/her score.

You're welcome to try it out if you'de like. I use it in my Card Review Thread, and my all of my ratings now. It works pretty well.

I guess I should post my rubric as well...

out of 20

pic 4/4 (points can be taken off for blurryness/pixelation, overused pic, not fitting the card concept, or writing on pic)

Ocg 4/4

Name 2/2

effect 5/5

Overall concept 3/3

Nitpicky details 2/2 (these include wrong type or attribute, circulation, set ID)

Hmmm...I have something that Wombat can do...I'd like to see him Rate this card... If anyone else feels like rating it, feel free..It'll give good practice, and you can learn from it..Then Wombat, can you send me a card that you find as your best, and I'll rate it. Just so we all can get some practice in before Tuffguy gets a task for us.

NOTE: I find it alot better, and you can teach people this way, if you show exactly how you come up with the final rating...This way the card maker sees exactly what he/she did wrong and he/she can learn from the mistakes. And also making a better card maker in you because you learn from the card maker's mistakes as well as teach the card maker a good system of rating.

39794nx3.jpg

When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by battle, place 1 "Ultimatum" Counter on each face-up card on your side of the field. By sending 3 cards with 1 "Ultimatum" Counter from the field to the Graveyard, you may Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position and place 3 "Ultimatum" Counters on this card (Max is 3). Increase this card's ATK and DEF by 200 for each "Ultimatum" Counter on the field. Once during your Main Phase, you may remove 1 "Ultimatum" Counter from the field to inflict 200 points of direct damage to your opponent's Life Points.

I shall rate it! just give me a few minutes, I'll update this post when I'm done.

EDIT: done

pic: nice, its very mysterious, and the person looks like they are longing for something, very good. ehh.. I'm kinda on the fence about the blacked out part. I see how it fits the overall theme, but it's kinda odd to look at. 3.5/4

Effect:VERY nice, not too confusing or unrealistic. Having to sacrifice 3 other monsters to bring him back balances it out. 5/5

OCG: I only found 1 error, "direct damage" should be capitalized. 3.5/4

Name: well seeing as its a tribute to ryan, it perfect. It also fits the theme. 2/2

Overall Concept/Uniqeness: the ATK and DEF are good. The counter theme is being seen a lot more these days. Perhaps not the most original, but still good. 2.5/3

Nitpicky Details: I am very picky. Good job on having no circulation. However, you should still hav set ID, like METI-EN045 or something like that. Dark Attribute seems fitting. Warrior-type?....hm...not to sure about that, I would have said Spellcaster, but I guess both work. 1.5/2

As a whole: 18/20 = 90% Very nice card. Great Work^_^

Take your time...Good ratings require time and patience. If you rush through it, you'll never truly rate in a fine and efficient way.

EDIT: Very nice rating. And you are correct with the capitalization error, I had to check on a real card for the correction. Thank you. Also, the black-outed part of the picture is supposed to emphasize the Memory Theme of the card. Like when you watch a T.V. show, and they into a flashback, around the edge of the screen, there's a blurred part of the screen, to show that it's a memory or flash-back. Well, that's what the black-outed part of the picture is...The Memory Border, as I would call it, can't find a better name, I'm very sorry.

Anyway, now, I would like for you to show me a card and I will 'Rate' it.

Also: If anyone else wishes to Rate my card, you may do so by sending me a PM with the rating on it.

Name: It's very Interesting, makes me want to know more about the card and is also very unique, like a mystical horror show title.

Picture: Something about it's cartoonist-like feature throws me off, it's well connected with the card and is very unique, but it looks too cartoony for my taste in realistic cards.

Effect: This effect has only 1 major draw back and that is the fact that you have to pay 1000 life points to activate it's initial effect. You either destroy 1 FIRE monster on the field and inflict damage to the destroyed monster's ATK. Or, if there is no FIRE monster on the field, you increase this card's ATK by 400. Due to the fact that it has 1200 ATK and 1400 DEF, it is quite balanced.

The only error, or uncomfortable spot I can see the this "..and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK."

I would say it like this..."...and inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half of the destroyed monster's ATK." See the difference, it's more specific.

Plus, it's not very unique, I can see someone lower than you level making the same effect, try harder next time...You may have to rack your brains a bit...Experiment around with different styles of effects.

Name: 2/2

Picture: 1.5/2

Effect: 3.5/6 (I decided to pump it by half a point because I know you can do better than this. and I can see you spent alot of time on this card.)

Overall: 7/10

thx for the rate^_^ I shall work harder' date=' I promise.

anyone up for more practice? Ive got another one for rating. Pic isn't really the best, but its from one of my fave deviantart artists so I thought I'd give it a little tribute:

[img']http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4712/77331mi7.jpg[/img]

That is a mighty fine card

Rate:

Image = 1.3/2 I feel as if you could you use a better image. It seems a little blurry.

Effect = 1.6/2 I had to reread it a few times for it to make sense. Kinda seems a little pointless to me...=S...It seems like Steamroid with a few twists...

Ocg = 2/2 Perfect...

Interest = 2/2 A very good card

Name = 1/1 Interesting...

Uniqueness = .5/1 Bah...seems like Steamroid [or whatever it is called]

You get an

8.4/10

Good job, just need some more improving

Can anyone rate these ones for me [i'm about to enter it in a contest ^^]

157lrg6.jpghrbjaf.jpg

[spoiler=Futuristic Dragon Warrior's Effect]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing at least 2 Dragon-Type monsters on your side of the field. This card gains 500 ATK for every Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard. This card loses 500 ATK for every Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster in your opponent's Graveyard. If this card is destroyed by a Trap card effect, you may Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand that has less then a 1000 ATK.

Also, their names are the names they are because they're required for the contest ^^

I'll rate the Armored Dragon Warrior.

Name: Seems interesting enough, though alittle easy to come up with...It doesn't look like you spent enough time with the name.

Picture: It seems okay, it fits well. But It's alittle uninteresting in my standards, it doesn't shout out "LOOK AT ME I'M BA!!" Instead it just says "Hi!, I'm Armored Dragon Warrior."

Effect: Seems sort of basic. It's just a Buster Blader that starts off with fewer ATK but gains more for every dragon in the Graveyard. You automaticaly get 1 in the Graveyard when you need to getout of the field, becasue it can't be Normal Summoned or Set, only Special Summoned by sending a Dragon to the Graveyard from the field.

I'm not sure if I can call it balance...But it does have correct OCG. Just make the effect longer, and try to experiment around with different effects like I said to Wombat.

Name: 1.5/2

Picture: 1/2

Effect: 4.5/6

7/10 for the Armored Dragon Warrior.

NOTE: You may want to post Futuristic Dragon Warrior's effect so people can read it...I can't even see it, and I'm worried other people wont be able to.

Cool cards guys!

element8923: You rate the cards of new members. Basically if they get a 7/10 or higher from us they are not considered noobs, just so you know.

I'll rate futuristic dragon warrior element^_^

Pic: it definitely fits the theme of the card, but it could be a little higher in quality. 3.25/4

Effect: yay, some major dragon support. I like it, but it isn't very original. Definitely balanced though^_^ 4.5/5

OCG: you wrote - "that has less than 1000 ATK" I think it should be "with an ATK of 1000 or less". You wrote "If this card is destroyed by a Trap card effect," I think it should be "If this card is destroyed by the effect of a Trap Card," 3/4 (if I have this wrong please correct me, but I'm pretty sure about these fixes)

Name: perfect, fits the card. 2/2

Overall Concept/uniqeness: I like it...but I don't think that it really sets itself apart from any other dragon card. Still very good though. 2.5/3

Nitpicky Details: perfect, except make it DVI-EN006 for the set ID 1.5/2

Total: 16.75/20 = 83.75% B Great Job!

Archived