What do hate about 4kids?

Hi

I'm new here, but I got this Idea 8)

Here you can talk about:

-What did you hate about Yu-Gi-Oh GX?

-How do you think 4KIDS ruin it?

-What season/character you didn't like ?

I'll be.. .They call it in arabic porogrames "the Devil Lawyer", I'll reply to your posts, but it wont be my opinion

I'll try to make you confess that 4kids did the best thing, or at least a good job with GX.

so, Express yourself....:D

They always change Japanese food, they overuse "Shadow Realm", "had a disease", and "kidnapped" too much, get rid of the slightest religious reference, even showing a church. That reminds me, did Bakura go to the church in the final season in the Dub? I didn't see it. Anyway, they always avoid anything relating to death, even though they used the word in their poor excuse of a movie.

Anyway, to eloborate on why it's actually worse to say "Shadow Realm", "disease", and "kidnapped", I will explain in separate things.

Shadow Realm: What happens to them while they're in them? They lost their mind? Wouldn't they be dead?

Disease: What did they have? Is the disease that bad?

Kidnapped: No one sent out a search party? What happened while they were held captive?

Also, the audience that 4Kids thinks the show is targeted towards is already aware of the concept of death.

I only caught half an episode of the dub GX and was so angry vowed never to touch it again. (Heck I run out of the room when I see an advert for the GX anime)

Covering death is a very annoying thing to do, its all around especially in the news (Death Note shows this very well), there's not a day that goes by where someone in the world hasn't died (and it been talked about) in the news. Using the Shadow Realm to cover for Hell in a very religious country it makes sense, but it can be used to show children why they should behave.

The worst thing 4Kids do is the pathetic puns coupled with pathetic if somewhat annoying VAs.

Somethings they just ruined. I'll tell you they either do this intentionally or by accident. But, they only want to do what THEY THINK is the right thing. They don't have billions of telephones to ask people what they want to see in the next episode of GX or 5Ds or anything. They'll just do it how they envision it and they hope it suits everybody. So they're really not doing such a bad job after all. But they did really ruin the Supreme King. I could've asked for a better voice and some more. That was one of the only disappointments.

Somethings they just ruined. I'll tell you they either do this intentionally or by accident. But' date=' they only want to do what THEY THINK is the right thing. They don't have billions of telephones to ask people what they want to see in the next episode of GX or 5Ds or anything. They'll just do it how they envision it and they hope it suits everybody. So they're really not doing such a bad job after all. But they did really ruin the Supreme King. I could've asked for a better voice and some more. That was one of the only disappointments.

[/quote']

yeah...I like the cold & emotionless image of the true Supreme King. It mirrors that of a true monarch who cares not for anything but his goal & cause.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Somethings they just ruined. I'll tell you they either do this intentionally or by accident. But' date=' they only want to do what THEY THINK is the right thing. They don't have billions of telephones to ask people what they want to see in the next episode of GX or 5Ds or anything. They'll just do it how they envision it and they hope it suits everybody. So they're really not doing such a bad job after all.

[/quote']

I believe the CEO of 4Kids once said something along the lines of, "If we can't merchandise it, we don't really hold a lot of interest in it." So really, they don't give a damn about making the show fit America properly, or accurately recreating the show in another language, or anything like that. They just want to aim the show towards people who will by YGO-related products — that is, small, innocent, gullible children with no financial mind at all. In other words, they're trying to make YGO/GX/5Ds fit the same audience as Winnie the Pooh.

That would be why 4Kids fails.

I'm still wondering why the axed some of the lost pokemon episode (after seeing them myselves), luckily most of the YGO episodes are vital to the plot so never see cuts.

And this from the person who doesn't believe children read anymore....(*goes to READ the Death Note manga a 3rd time)

I wonder if 4KIDs even saw the episodes in there true form before dubbing them.

• 3 weeks later...

4kids=Bad.

Aster's dad wasn't kidnapped, he died. 4kids made Aster's little kid body grow 10x it's size to cover it up. Plus, they take out the swearing.

I noticed in 5D's in episode 6 the guy keeps using the word "crappy".

4kids says hello......

Archived