Name Change Purchase Program

JesusofChaos™

Due to popular demand we have decided not to stop name changes, however to decrease the amount of strain put on super mods, we have decided to introduce a purchase program. The rules apply as follows:

1) You must have more than 1200 posts to get a name change.

2) You cannot change your name more than once every three months.

3) Your first name change costs 1000 points.

4) Every subsequent name change costs 1000 points more than the change before it.

If you would like your name changed you must pm a super mod as usually, the mod will change your name and take the points.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should think so, but I am unsure about it. If all goes ahead there will be an official thread used for name changes by this I am implying a thread where you ask for your name change and then the 3 month period date is set(at least that is my idea) and things will work accordingly to how they have been laid out. However I am not so sure about the 1.2k post part.

I should think so' date=' but I am unsure about it. If all goes ahead there will be an official thread used for name changes by this I am implying a thread where you ask for your name change and then the 3 month period date is set(at least that is my idea) and things will work accordingly to how they have been laid out. However I am not so sure about the 1.2k post part.

[/quote']

wait, you pay the money to who?

if you pay it to the mods, that seems rather un fair

as well as, mods should be subject to this rule as well

and the 1.2k, is just fine

seeing as it that way we can sort out the members who will stay, becuase usually the bans have been those with lower posts..

Super mods will remove points' date=' there is no need to transfer the points

[/quote']

ok, good,

and i already see an issue

first off, its not hard to get points

and then secondly

now mods not only have to change names, but the also now have to remove points

as well as keep track of each members 3 month wait period.

This is why we will probably have a thread with when you can change again' date=' thus mods do not need to keep track of the dates themselves, they can just check the thread

[/quote']

well ok

but i would like to know

if the mods are subject to the rules.

4) Every subsequent name change costs 1000 points more than the change before it.

It's an interesting proposal' date=' but let's take a look at the potential problems that a system like this would generate.

1. ...and if you don't spam and make pointless posts until you do have X amount of posts.

2. Nothing wrong with this one.

3. See #1. Replace posts with points.

4. See #1. Replace posts with points.

Basically the new system encourages more spam and pointless posts which willl, in turn, both decrease the overall quality of the forums and increase the workload of the Mods/Admins(which was the entire point, as I understand it, of the removal in the 1st place.

In all honesty...if you're going to go to these steps then why not take a momment to reread THIS THREAD. Now I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but these are the systems and rules we created for my forum(which is roughly the same size as this forum) and they've worked out quite nicely for us over the years(yes..years). The main difference between our forum and your forum is that you have a point system and we do not so that portion of your idea might work here whereas it was something we never had to consider.

I simply believe that a system which both accomodates the wants(to an extent) of the membership while, at the same time, taking into consideration the workload of those who run this forum is not a terribly difficult thing to create on this forum. As with most issues, it comes down to a simple matter of balancing order, rules, and effectiveness. You won't make everyone happy with whatever you choose...but in a situation like this it's fairly simple to get the majority onboard which is all one could reasonably hope for in the first place.

At the very least I would strongly urge you to consider the tag system and creating a duplicate records thread in the Mod forums which ONLY has name changes, who performed them, and all the relevant material because while having a thread like this on the public forums would be somewhat useful...having an uncluttered version in the mod forums with a constantly edited 1st post(easier to search) would prove roughly 100 times more useful.

Like others have said, I'm only giving my input as a means by which to improve the forums. I chose my name correctly the 1st time. :D

It's an interesting proposal' date=' but let's take a look at the potential problems that a system like this would generate.

1. ...and if you don't spam and make pointless posts until you do have 1200 posts.

2. Nothing wrong with this one.

3. See #1.

4. See #1.

Basically the new system encourages more spam and pointless posts which willl, in turn, both decrease the overall quality of the forums and increase the workload of the Mods/Admins(which was the entire point, as I understand it, of the removal in the 1st place.

In all honesty...if you're going to go to these steps then why not take a momment to reread this thread. Now I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but these are the systems and rules we created for my forum(which is roughly the same size as this forum) and they've worked out quite nicely for us over the years(yes..years). The main difference between our forum and your forum is that you have a point system and we do not so that portion of your idea might work here whereas it was something we never had to consider.

I simply believe that a system which both accomodates the wants(to an extent) of the membership while, at the same time, taking into consideration the workload of those who run this forum is not a terribly difficult thing to create on this forum. As with most issues, it comes down to a simple matter of balancing order, rules, and effectiveness. You won't make everyone happy with whatever you choose...but in a situation like this it's fairly simple to get the majority onboard which is all one could reasonably hope for in the first place.

At the very least I would strongly urge you to consider the tag system and creating a duplicate records thread in the Mod forums which ONLY has name changes, who performed them, and all the relevant material because while having a thread like this on the public forums would be somewhat useful...having an uncluttered version in the mod forums with a constantly edited 1st post(easier to search) would prove roughly 100 times more useful.

Like others have said, I'm only giving my input as a means by which to improve the forums. I chose my name correctly the 1st time. :D

well your questions on the rules

if they spam and make pointless posts

there will either

get banned

thread will be deleted

posts will deleted

and..

oh yeah

get banned

therefore sorting out which members deserve a name change

hmm?

Archived