Name Change Purchase Program

JesusofChaos™

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i think this is just a bit unfair for lv3 or lower people and people who dont match up the requirments like noobs etc what if we just want to change our names just a nit later on once we've started we'd have to get 1200 posts!!! FTW And dont even get me started on the 1000 points! lol

wow i think this is just a bit unfair for lv3 or lower people and people who dont match up the requirments like noobs etc what if we just want to change our names just a nit later on once we've started we'd have to get 1200 posts!!! FTW And dont even get me started on the 1000 points! lol

How about you get about 500 more posts, then you can complain.

We need to see if your loyal or not, and not just leave.

So this makes it only possible for 5 and 6 star-members to get an alternate name. Though I'd like the idea in some way, I also think this is some kind of sign of disrespect to members who once in a time want to change their names, are 4-star members and want a name-change. It should've been linked to reputation or something.

How about you get about 500 more posts' date=' then you can complain.

We need to see if your loyal or not, and not just leave.

HEY! What do you mean by that?

[/quote']

It means with your amount of experience of the forums you are in no position to complain. This measure ensures that the name changes actual have a point and you will not just change willy nilly and are dedicated to the site

Yeah but those who are dedicated to the site are in your eyes, I guess, 5 or 6 stars? That is not really fair now, is it? 500 is low, I agree, but 1200 is to high and then asking for 1000 for the first time is much. Make it 800 posts, that should be more fair I think also to more hardcore members (I include myself).

No it is a grave misinterpretation and in some way discriminating too to say you are only dedicated to the site with 1200 posts. Although I agree you can reach the 1200 posts easely, I do not see a large group of members who are 5-star or 6-star`s in comparison to the rest of the members.

You claim discrimination. Get over it. This is the internet, it is not everything in your life. No matter what we do we can't please everyone. We do not want people who have just joined to changed their name as they have only just chosen it. 1200 posts proves that you have contributed to the site. We cant go and check all your posts to see how dedicated you are.

Actually....post counts are pretty much irrelevant and a poor means by which to measure the importance and contributions of members. I'm not saying that I dissagree with the need to set a bar for name changes and all that junk. I'm just saying that the basic logic behind that statement is well beyond flawed. Time, Dedication, and actual Contributions are what truly make a contributing member. Post counts are just how many times you've typed out a little ditty and hit the reply button(in most cases).

If anything beyond just plain observation is to measure your accomplishments on a forum then it should be more based in Reps than posts since you, most of the time, have to actually earn Reps.

I'm already said my longwinded part when it comes to this policy and what's done is done, I was just annoyed by the blatant logical flaws in the last couple of posts and felt the need to chime in on the matter. :D

In either case be it from reputation points or posts. Both ways have their valid and invalid points but we feel that getting a 1200 post count is going to be more of a challenge for those who want to get a name change. I'm also thinking of this post count type of thing to be put on graphical requests myself due to the number of new people who straight out go to the graphical requests area and have no clue what they are doing, as well as possibly putting a point cost on setting up shops which might stop the inactive shops from occuring too.

You make a clear and obvious point here Bloodrun. There is though one more thing I'd like for you to all consider. Imagine the number of name changes that would stream in each day if the post count was set to as little as 500 or 800? Now consider the decrease in that number with it being set to 1000 or 1200? You can clearly see what we are trying to get across, but yeah this can be locked now.

Archived