Name Change Purchase Program

JesusofChaos™

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see why people are complaining about the points cost' date=' points arent used for anything, apart from buying graphics and those are only like 45 points. If you spam just to get your name change you are just sad and will be banned.

[/quote']

thats exactly what i have been saying -.-

yayy! Something you can actually do with points now! ^_^

I was a little sad when they said no more name changes (not sure why, I like my name...) but now I know it is always another option... I might reopen my shop now.. ^_^

Anywho, thanks for the news. ^_^

yayy! Something you can actually do with points now! ^_^

I was a little sad when they said no more name changes (not sure why' date=' I like my name...) but now I know it is always another option... I might reopen my shop now.. ^_^

Anywho, thanks for the news. ^_^

[/quote']

wait what?

reopen your shop?

thats an action, that i was completely not expecting o.0

Guest Tiger

I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea, it is unfair to members that just started like 1 month ago + what if you don't have the points, It just seems like a way to take our points. It is a good thing I like my name.

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't like the idea, it is unfair to members that just started like 1 month ago + what if you don't have the points, It just seems like a way to take our points. It is a good thing I like my name.

[/quote']

Would you rather have no name changes at all?

Just to clarify and see how much, if any, time has been wasted on this thread. Is this topic even open for discussion or is it carved in stone as forum policy already and this was just a read, acknowledge, and accept kind of thread?

Guest Tiger

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't like the idea, it is unfair to members that just started like 1 month ago + what if you don't have the points, It just seems like a way to take our points. It is a good thing I like my name.

[/quote']

No, but I am saying that is hard to get to for some members.

Well when you create your account you should think carefully about your name then. Maybe 1 change later on when you get to 1200 Posts. I really lose track on who's who at times. The Mods really need to stop changing htier names too. I have trouble contacting a certain Mod if I have a problem.

[/quote']

New members have only just chosen their username and should keep it the same. After 1200 you have established that you are staying on the forum and have earnt some respect, thus we grant you the privilege of being able to change your name

Guest Tiger

[/quote']

New members have only just chosen their username and should keep it the same. After 1200 you have established that you are staying on the forum and have earnt some respect, thus we grant you the privilege of being able to change your name

oh, okay.

1) You must have more than 1200 posts to get a name change.

2) You cannot change your name more than once every three months.

3) Your first name change costs 1000 points.

4) Every subsequent name change costs 1000 points more than the change before it.

It's an interesting proposal' date=' but let's take a look at the potential problems that a system like this would generate.

1. ...and if you don't spam and make pointless posts until you do have X amount of posts.

2. Nothing wrong with this one.

3. See #1. Replace posts with points.

4. See #1. Replace posts with points.

[/quote']

Spam is treated with a zero tolerance policy, any spam will be deleted thus points and posts will not be gained.

Basically the new system encourages more spam and pointless posts which willl' date=' in turn, both decrease the overall quality of the forums and increase the workload of the Mods/Admins(which was the entire point, as I understand it, of the removal in the 1st place.

[/quote']

I highly doubt people will spam just to get a name change, however as i said before spam will be treated with zero tolerance.

In all honesty...if you're going to go to these steps then why not take a momment to reread THIS THREAD. Now I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all' date=' but these are the systems and rules we created for my forum(which is roughly the same size as this forum) and they've worked out quite nicely for us over the years(yes..years). The main difference between our forum and your forum is that you have a point system and we do not so that portion of your idea might work here whereas it was something we never had to consider.

[/quote']

These suggestion were noted but dismissed due to the fact we don't want new players change too much. The two weeks a year is also bad due to the fact very few members stay for more than a year. The final point you bought up will be covered but having a thread with name changes in.

I simply believe that a system which both accomodates the wants(to an extent) of the membership while' date=' at the same time, taking into consideration the workload of those who run this forum is not a terribly difficult thing to create on this forum. As with most issues, it comes down to a simple matter of balancing order, rules, and effectiveness. [b']You won't make everyone happy with whatever you choose[/b]...but in a situation like this it's fairly simple to get the majority onboard which is all one could reasonably hope for in the first place.

Which is why we had to make a decision and stick to it, you cannot please everyone. Name changes will either have to exist in this form or not at all

At the very least I would strongly urge you to consider the tag system and creating a duplicate records thread in the Mod forums which ONLY has name changes' date=' who performed them, and all the relevant material because while having a thread like this on the public forums would be somewhat useful...having an uncluttered version in the mod forums with a constantly edited 1st post(easier to search) would prove roughly 100 times more useful.

[/quote']

As stated before the thread we have will accomadate the tags system.

Like others have said' date=' I'm only giving my input as a means by which to improve the forums. I chose my name correctly the 1st time. :D

[/quote']

We appreicate your input but we have chosen a system which is fair and should keep the number of changes to a sensible level

JesusfChaos:

1. Thanks for taking the time to make that reply. Whether they're accepted or not, it's still nice to know that your ideas are heard.

2. I'm pleased to hear about your "Zero Tolerance Spam Policy" and hope to see it effectively implimented.

3. Good luck with your proposed system. I hope you're right.

4. See point #1. :D

Archived