Icysingle: "Enduring Savant"

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

[align=center]43952sa3.jpg

During your opponent's Main Phase 1, you may Tribute Summon this card to your side of the field. If you do, until the End Phase of this turn any monster they summon during their Main Phase 1 may attack twice during this turn, (a monster that attacks twice due to the effect of this card decreases their ATK by half during the damage step during that attack). During the turn that monster is Tribute Summoned successfully, decrease the Spell Speed of all cards on your opponents side of the field by 1 and increase the Spell Speed of all cards on your side of the field by 1, (when you activate a Quick Play Spell that has increased Spell Speed during that turn your Opponent may activate Trap Cards from their hand).

[spoiler=Alternative OCG]

During your opponent's Main Phase 1, you may Tribute Summon this card to your side of the field. In addition, add the following effect to any monster that your opponent Summons during his/her Main Phase 1 until his/her End Phase. "This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. During the damage step, this card's ATK is halved." During the turn that this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, decrease the Spell Speed of all of your opponent's cards by 1, and increase the Spell Speed of all cards by 1. Whenever you activate a Quick Play Spell Card during the turn this card is Tribute Summoned, your opponenet may activate a Trap Card from their hand.

[/align]

Guest JoshIcy

I'd rather it be used as inspiration and not a milker <_< Messing with Spell Speeds is not a very good idea. You play with how the game works like this and the cards are overpowered, I dont think it would be a good idea for you yet....

This card itself is underpowered and made so to compensate for any chance of being overpowered. I dont like doing these as they are risky, but meh... Its been a while...

ITs review time babies =D

First of, the image. What is it? it looks like some slimey goo. But I like it. its got some great effects on it. Looks like somebodies in pain =)

1.5/2

OCG is top notch great. I like it and only found an error. But u need 3 to lose a points so u still get a 2/2

Effect is very nice. I like how it composes the name into it. It suites the name and the picture. It is underpowered but ehhh, who cares about balance anymore. 2/2

Stats are evenly balanced. A level 6 is Fused with the effect and the ATK and DEF are in tact with the level aswell. 2/2

Idea of the card all together is really cool. Everything fits like the puzzle Peace it should be in. And there is nothing left over. 2/2

Overall grade is 9.5/10

K33p up the great work :D

Guest JoshIcy

Its a custom stock image made by a friend lol. He doesnt make cards anymore so when he does stuff like this I get the fruits :D... [i dont have the link to the Stock sorry]...

But thanks ^_^ And yeah, whenever I make cards like this the OCG is really weird o.O...

EDIT: Its a person in blue armor sitting down....

Guest JoshIcy

Complicated and you used 5d's Speed counters' date=' good job. 8/10. "Can" not "may". Who's they? You mean you? Other than that, not bad at all.

[/quote']

Excuse me? Where does it say Speed Counters? and this has no relevance to that gameplay. Spell Speeds are an actual part of gameplay, not just a Spell Archetype....

The OCG errors I could care less for honestly, the effect of the card is what matters. Not the means in which to communicate it...

WARHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

overpowered.

That primary effect doesn't mean much; is just a limiter, the requirement, for your cards other effects. And when you look at it, the secondary effect is strong on its own, but the tertruary pushes the stuff over the edge!

Alright, looking at the secondary effect now... according to the requirements, your opponent is probably only going to attack twice with one monster (if he/she does at all..). That monster will lose half of its ATK points from the start (not after the first attack, not after the turn, but pretty much right when they attack). To add to this, the monster doesn't get those points back -- the loss is permanent. Now, BEWD has 1500 ATK when cut in half, and that's lower than both the ATK and DEF of your "Savant"... so, this effect doesn't benefit your opponent in the slightest (after all, the whole thing about Tribute Summoning on your opponent's turn implies some sort of stall, and/or a tactics thing).

The tertruary effect, the long one, is next up for criticism. What this effect does is amazing, disabling your opponent and benefiting you to great lengths. It also breaches preset fields without giving needed information about those breaches. If this card comes into play, your opponent now has Spell Speed 0 Cards... and what are those? I assume you can't play Spell Speed 0 Cards... and your also get Spell Speed 4 Cards, which I guess is just 1 level higher -- but you need to specify. Ignoring that, look at the strategy implementations that can take place. Think, your "Heavy Storm" is now just as fast as your opponent's "Magic Jammer", and I believe that effects like that of "Doom Lord" can now function in different parts of chains... and don't go saying that the parenthetical after this effect balances it. Your opponent being able to play Traps from their hand is kind of useless too, because, although they can play Traps from their hand face-up, they aren't able to activate the things (remember, Spell Speed 1 Cards can only be activated at the start of a chain... so that "Draining Shield" your opponent was hiding is now useless)

Even though it's just for one turn, this card changes the metagame's functions around far too much, and also tilts these new rules in your favor. You were right when you said that messing with Spell Speeds isn't a good idea; that's why the TCG doesn't do it, and neither should you.

On the bright side, I enjoy the abstractness of the picture, and the way he's like one of the "Monarch" monsters... if he wasn't overpowered, I think he'd do well with my "Eanus". I'll keep watching your work! :mrgreen:

Guest JoshIcy

@N00B Hunter: I rather enjoyed that post lol. I forgot certain limiters at the cost of card flow... My mistake there. And you ended your post in a giggle instead of being so |BLUNT| dear god how that used to peeve me.

But I havent made a Spell Speed card in ages, (a month+). I will dabble in them from time to time in order to get the formula right, and to that end I will perfect it one day ^_^. Maybe go back to Reverse Chains which are less dangerous -.-"...

Archived