• Yoshi
    • Wario
    • Kirby
    • King DeDeDe
    • Meta Knight
    • Ness
    • Fox
    • One Other of the Thousands of Charecters

Agreed. I absolutely adore the shear strength Ike has. I also like gliding down (Knowing that I'm safe) with the B move' date=' charge up a bit in the air, and slam down as soon as someone tries to stop it from the ground or air.

[/quote']

Agreed 100%.

Sadly that it hurts you if you go all the way, I believe.

But it does much more to your opponent.

The Up+B move is very effective for though.

Especially if your opponent has over 100% done to tem.

Oh yeah, and its a good racker if you perfectly get them stuck in it all the way till your done Aether. Known fact, I rarely EVER use Down-B with Ike, with my style of fighting, I have no use for Ike's set move, yet I use Lucario's Double Team fairly well. Its a strange feeling but lol, I don't like using counter with Ike.

Flame Dragon: Why are you TRYING to pick somebody's bone here? Anyways, I am done with the arguments here. If you wish to CONTINUE them, please feel free to PM, because I think this thread has seen too much off topic as it is.

(P.S I have never liked Ness since SSB, but I respect those who master him. About competitive brawl, I am not completely serious because its just a game, but it would be nice if I found a local place around my area doing tournaments.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite people are The ice climbers and Ness. i like ness bucause well i know how to use him ti the extent of taking down a 3 man team of LvL 9s (I just have dificulty facing real people)

I find this very hard to believe. If you can prove it' date=' I'd be impressed, but as of right now, I don't buy it.

[/quote']

Certain people are good at certain characters. Just because Ness is low tier or whatever the hell he is, doesn't mean that Ness is bad.

I honestly don't give a damn about competitive Brawl playing or the tier list.

I never said he was bad. I don't care if your Gimpyfish, beating 3 level 9 cpus on a team is very very very.......hard. I tried 2 in Melee, and I think I only won less than 5% of those fights. Now if you add in another it's nie impossible.

@Tyrantking10-While this is a bit off topic, it still applies since it is about Brawl characters. I'm not trying to pick, I just enjoy debates in areas I now a nice amount about.

It was sounding like not only you were picking on Sonic and Ike, but Ness, so :p And I know it also still relates to Brawl characters, but I think even mods might want us to move a debate this big or, in my opinion good, to PM or something.

And about Ness, I tried using him once, and then I just quited lol. The biggest reason why? I absolutely hate his Up-B.

@Tyrantking10

Lucario's double team WORKS. Ike's down b fails if you don't know what you're doing.

I agreed that Sonic does lack finishing moves, and that because of it, he sucks. Clarified.

"Neither is my Sonic? First of all, my sonic? So this is actually personally against me, and just me using Sonic. How limiting of you. Second, I don't always use Sonic, in fact, Im trying to get even better with Mario, despite him being my 4th best. I'm not trying to upset this "really poorly organized and bored community." Yet again, your cocky ego really makes this challenge worth while to shut down and make sure you learn that the world isn't revolved around you."

First, it's not being personal, but when it comes to Brawl, I refer to a player's character as theirs. Next time, ask me before jumping to conclusions. Also, don't involve my attitude. Just because I feel differently on my views of Sonic than you, doesn't make me cocky. True, I am confident, but there's a difference against the two.

More so, it's not hard to recover from Mario's side aerial A. If you can't recover from a smash like that, something's wrong. Of course I know it's not always avoidable and easy to recover from, but it's still possible. Besides, Mario's cape is better than his side aerial A.

Ganondorf. Interesting. Yeah, he's a tank alright. I agree, his speed is hilarious. But the difference between speed and player capability is large. I've seen many a Ganondorf battles, and speed isn't always a factor.

"Its really hilarious that the players stated by the person I debated with previously has the SAME views as you, and trying to fight with me with BAD points... hmm..."

I suppose you expect a double account? What are you on? Flame Dragon and I may share similar views, but we are not the same person.

Oh, and I dare you to challenge Ike's side B against Mario's.

"Wait wait, Mario is similiar to Sonic? Hmm... I guess someone so blind as yourself would see that, but your trying to compare Mario and Dr.Mario, and even so, Sonic and Mario has more differences then Dr.Mario and Mario."

Sonic is somewhat similar to Mario, not a lot, but somewhat. I will agree with you, they have huge differences, but their A button combat is similar, non-aerial wise. The only difference between Mario and Dr. Mario was power. Side Aerials differentiated ENORMOUSLY in power. Pills, I think, did more damage than Fire Balls. And tornado was a lot stronger as well.

Also, I don't play with Snake often. So I give you the benefit of a doubt that yes, even with Sonic you could beat my Snake. Again, my Wii, she is broken. So if I have the time this weekend, I'll get a friend to gimme his Wii and I'll brawl you.

"Lol very amusing. You set this whole thing up to smack down everything, yet you've yet to even make me think TWICE of anything, and you even set up a Life Stock. In reality, I play with 7-10 Lives, since Three is way too short, and is no fun at all. I hope I fight an advance one. I wouldn't want to make a beginning Snake user cry now. Oh, now backing off? Please, don't even get that near of challenging me without proving that your serious and make idle chat".

Lol, that was funny. You play 7-10 lives? For some reason I thinks you can last no more than 3, and in realiy you play 7-10 lives because it gives you a better chance of lucking out. And even a one life Brawl is fun; if it wasn't there'd be alot less Brawlers.

"I don't need to join or even CARE about communities. These communities probably spend their entire time debated whos better Bower or Donkey Kong and probably some really crappy ps3 games and probably repeat messages of "Snake wins, narbs."

Now I'm cracking up. This is probably true, cause I call 'em SSBB nerds. They spend their lives debating like you've stated. So finally I come to more than a single agreement with you. And all PS3 games aren't crappy, though I'm sure you'll touch more on this. -.-

Lastly, I haz returned.

~Xemnas

I've though twice or three times that i've wish for this to move somewhere else. But... This place is fine.

""Lucario's double team WORKS. Ike's down b fails if you don't know what you're doing.""

That's what I said. I love using Lucario's Double Team, its fast and I like it because its not ENTIRELY effected too much by how much damage Lucario has. Ike's Down B isn't something I do normally, so I'm not someone who would support it.

""I agreed that Sonic does lack finishing moves, and that because of it, he sucks. Clarified.""

His style wasn't meant to be the heavy sluggers like Ganon/Bowser/Ike/DK. His style is supposed to be an average-balanced with more Speed. He sacrificed power for speed. Something more diverse. That doesn't make him bad. That is what makes every character unique.

"First, it's not being personal, but when it comes to Brawl, I refer to a player's character as theirs. Next time, ask me before jumping to conclusions. Also, don't involve my attitude. Just because I feel differently on my views of Sonic than you, doesn't make me cocky. True, I am confident, but there's a difference against the two."

Fair enough, on the player's character thing. But, it doesn't make it right to say "Oh it blows/Oh it sucks/He fails just because you think so. You would definitely defend Snake if I declared him that, but I've yet to say anything actually against him, other then managing his Up-B in a last debate.

""More so, it's not hard to recover from Mario's side aerial A. If you can't recover from a smash like that, something's wrong. Of course I know it's not always avoidable and easy to recover from, but it's still possible. Besides, Mario's cape is better than his side aerial A.""

Actually most people have difficulty recovering from that, depending on damage and character. If there is just enough damage, there is enough to send you down for KO, and even if your lucky enough, some characters can't make it, like DK's Up-B, since thats more of a --> movement then a ^ movement. Even so, you can do a pretty mean thing and kill them by hanging on edge :D. And about it being better than side aerial A, I may have to call it being a tie. Yes, Cape has more usage and recovering them side aerial, but half of my KO's come from side aerial. Habit I piked up from Dr.Mario, and yes, I know the difference between Dr.Mario's and Mario's Side aerial A, its that i used Dr.Mario's side aerial mostly for KO.

""Ganondorf. Interesting. Yeah, he's a tank alright. I agree, his speed is hilarious. But the difference between speed and player capability is large. I've seen many a Ganondorf battles, and speed isn't always a factor.""

True that, nothing wrong here. Sometimes I make use of one character's dull point to help me. I managed to get very adaptive with any character, and if I took the time to play Ganon, then I wouldn't doubt speed wouldn't be much of a problem.

""I suppose you expect a double account? What are you on? Flame Dragon and I may share similar views, but we are not the same person.""

No no, I've never came to that conclusion at all. But i am surprised that another person would be involved in this with the same views. You have more coverage to debate with me then Flame Dragon, but being defensive myself, its nontheless another that I have to discuss with.

""Oh, and I dare you to challenge Ike's side B against Mario's.""

In recover? In that case, Mario. Ike's side B takes precision to pull off, since you only can use it once, and that you have to charge it up a bit before you get enough distance to recover. On the offensive, its Ike's fastest move. (To me, I think it is.) However, I enjoy reflecting off a projectile once in awhile. In the case generally, I like Mario, hands down. In fact, Mario is my gaming Idol.

""Sonic is somewhat similar to Mario, not a lot, but somewhat. I will agree with you, they have huge differences, but their A button combat is similar, non-aerial wise. The only difference between Mario and Dr. Mario was power. Side Aerials differentiated ENORMOUSLY in power. Pills, I think, did more damage than Fire Balls. And tornado was a lot stronger as well.""

Dr.Mario was my MAN in melee. Absolutely no one could of bested me back in those days. I may seem cocky saying it, but its safe enough for me to say it publicly that I was a BEAST as Dr.Mario. Most fighters have standard "A" attacks that strongly resemble another's. Not completely, but its the same idea. As Dr.Mario, I know everything about him, and I honestly HONESTLY wish he came back to SSBB... I mean Falco/Ness/Lucas/Toon Link/ and two characters I can't think of now should of obviously been cutted out.

""Also, I don't play with Snake often. So I give you the benefit of a doubt that yes, even with Sonic you could beat my Snake. Again, my Wii, she is broken. So if I have the time this weekend, I'll get a friend to gimme his Wii and I'll brawl you.""

I would really love to challenge you, nothing personal, but just for a good match, but I am here in OC for vacation, until Sep 2nd, in which my Wii is back at Baltimore. When I get back, PM me as soon as possible with codes, date for match, and all that jazz. Its not too late to dust off Snake either ;).

""Lol, that was funny. You play 7-10 lives? For some reason I thinks you can last no more than 3, and in realiy you play 7-10 lives because it gives you a better chance of lucking out. And even a one life Brawl is fun; if it wasn't there'd be alot less Brawlers.""

I'll play 3 lives, but i've said i would prefer more lives. For one, I've never played with lives so low, because I get into the fight so much that I wish for it to go on for a little while, I honestly don't want it to finish so soon. Actually, I think lower stock makes people luck out. Increasing it gives the opportunity to jump back in after falling down enough. Its just the way I view it. If we do fight it out, we can do 3 and 5 and 7 stock. To make it fair.

""Now I'm cracking up. This is probably true, cause I call 'em SSBB nerds. They spend their lives debating like you've stated. So finally I come to more than a single agreement with you. And all PS3 games aren't crappy, though I'm sure you'll touch more on this. -.-""

Lol nice. I take back the PS3 comment since it has no significant importance in this... although personally Wii will always be better then PS3, Nintendo > Sony.

(Sorry It took me long to type, got caught up with more messaging.)

It was sounding like not only you were picking on Sonic and Ike' date=' but Ness, so :p And I know it also still relates to Brawl characters, but I think even mods might want us to move a debate this big or, in my opinion good, to PM or something.

And about Ness, I tried using him once, and then I just quited lol. The biggest reason why? I absolutely hate his Up-B.

[/quote']

I'm not picking on them. I enjoy playing Ike every now and again, and I did play Ness a bit when the game came out, it's just they have some problems, some more so than others.

Tyrantking10, I like you.

We must Brawl soon, as it would be epic.

Now then:

Mario ftw. Settled.

Sonic can work, but only if you're skilled. Settled. . . I think. I can't comment much more on this.

Dr. Mario needed to reappear in Brawl:

Yes I agree. Dr. Mario was most epic. He pwnd left and right, but I think that's why Nintendo cut him. He was ALL powerful. Down right one of the best characters in Melee, if not the best. Though. . .feel free to hate me for this; I prefer Falco.

I am a flying, wave-dashing, reflect/edge hogging fool, when it comes to Falco in Melee. He was my best character then.

Snake ios rusty for me. But, for the lulz, I'll play ya with 'em. Then you can shut me up. ;)

Lastly, added to bud list.

XD

~Xemmy

Ness have problems, hands down. I hate his Up-B, none of his smashes are that effective, and he is just... bad...

Like again, all characters have probs. I know Ike has it. In fact, Ike usually doesn't stand a chance against Sonic or any fast paced fighter, unless your REALLY good with him and know when to do your moves when fighting a particular fighter.

Tyrantking10' date=' I like you.

We must Brawl soon, as it would be epic.

Now then:

Mario ftw. Settled.

Sonic can work, but only if you're skilled. Settled. . . I think. I can't comment much more on this.

Dr. Mario needed to reappear in Brawl:

Yes I agree. Dr. Mario was most epic. He pwnd left and right, but I think that's why Nintendo cut him. He was ALL powerful. Down right one of the best characters in Melee, if not the best. Though. . .feel free to hate me for this; I prefer Falco.

I am a flying, wave-dashing, reflect/edge hogging fool, when it comes to Falco in Melee. He was my best character then.

Snake ios rusty for me. But, for the lulz, I'll play ya with 'em. Then you can shut me up. ;)

Lastly, added to bud list.

XD

~Xemmy

[/quote']

Thanks, I don't mean to sound Viciously defensive, but, that is how I am. I respect your points as well. At first I am down right defensive, but, I lighten up lol.

Instant yes on match.

Mario yes. Mario was my main in SSB, Dr.Mario in Melee, and my third main in Brawl, with the other being Lucario and Olimar.

True, only way to use Sonic, hence any fighter effectively is being very skilled, especially true with Sonic and Snake and others.

I absolutely loved Dr.Mario... I actually stopped playing Brawl for a bit when I got the message "You unlocked all players!" I was like... "Oh the hell with this..." Falco, I can understand him in melee. But there was a DRAMATIC change from melee to Brawl. He is A LOT slower, but opened a bit more for moves.

Naw. I wish to fight someone who has their best in their character. Once you get build up with Snake, then I'll take him on. I honestly, to let everyone know, I love having a Good match, and a fun one, rather then an all out serious "I want to win Pl0x" one. Those are not fun, and you lose good people.

Archived