Favorite Style of Art [Drawing Category]

Icy

This poll/topic is for artists only. Anyone who does not sketch daily, or at least 5-10times per week do not post.

Due to the rather large area of the art community, I will not have a poll. But my question >

What is your favorite style of sketching/drawing/painting that you like to sketch or otherwise? (Please include an example and credit).

Mine has got to be Stippling, I love the intricacy of it all. You actually form the art instead of seeing it etc. If you get that...

[align=center]4.jpg

~Kevin Sprouls~[/align]

I mostly use acrylics for paintings and charcoal pencils, compressed charcoals or just simple pencils for drawings. My favourite style in the wide sense of the term is Tenebrism, probbably even more than Chiaroscuro.

I tried a wide range of other techniques, though, and I have to say that Froissage and Pointillism are rather impressive, but I'm not a regular user of them. When it comes to styles in the sense of artistic movements or categories, I'm a fervent partisan of Pre-Raphaelism, most probably based on my interest on mythologies. I also LOVE Renaissance and Baroque arts, but for obvious reasons I can't do that myself. You know, Baroque frescos are not so... easy to do.:(

Praise be not to Raven, burn the witch!!>:-[

But on a more serious note, yes, I didn't include any examples, but here you have one:

tmp511f2f7f71679dc1968f84e1ae4c.gif

It's a self-portrait by Gustave Courbet, the famous Impressionist, and while it may not be so well-known I love the contrast between the dynamic pose and surprisingly calm visual expression. It creates a feeling of both movement and stillness... but then again, my love for contrasts is what resulted in my inclination for styles like Tenebrism.

And about my love for Pre-Raphaelism, I have one favourite beyond the Ophelia paintings Waterhouse made:

waterhouse176eca23.jpg

' pid='1102765' dateline='1221174529']

I don't draw 5-10 times a week' date=' I doodle occaisonally, but when I get to the art itself, I do something that takes a bit more time but comes out awesome >>

I do abstract stuff, portraits, surrealism, and random art that usually has a meaning behind it.

[/quote']

lol Much like art itself, you have to know how to embrace it.. Thats all I really ask, its kinda loose by technical definition...

eh, I do random mesh drawings and stipples the most... (Me want scanner to show Dx)

@Raven: Love the examples :P

There we go lol, now we can see the artists of this forum.

@Ecoboy: Yes I can see it ^.^ Even before I read what you said, it hit me like good artists intuition lol.

@Pikachu: I can see why :P

[quote='zman1076' pid='1110569' dateline='1221326464']
[quote='Icyblue' pid='1097339' dateline='1221054445']
[quote='zman1076' pid='1097229' dateline='1221050717']
I like stick figures
[/quote]

-.-" Joke.
And the art style is called "Line Art"...
[/quote]

what is this old people learn the genres of art there called stick figures and there better then any other art genre
[/quote]

I would neg you... But I am one to appreciate sarcasm.
And maybe, if you consider than anyone who can hold a pencil can do it. But there is advanced Line Art, called [i]Scribbling[/i]..

ie) http://tetsuyayamatashi.deviantart.com/art/City-Scribble-50939155

I have my own way, not quite that as my hand never leaves the paper. But it will suffice for a fast example.

Archived