Yu-Gi-Oh! DF, Special #3 Begins!!! Second Chapter is Up!!!!!

legendhiro

do you like this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you like this fanfic?

• yup, you bet i do.
    • no, it sucks and you suck be extension

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the new chapter. I loved how Amanda beat her opponent on her second turn. THAT was funny. I can't wait to see more of these duels. Though, what's she going to do now that her duel is over? Is she just going to watch all the others or is she going to join one of the other duels?

so good news peeps! i have hammered down the remains of this special to three more chapters. Only the last of those chapters still needs any preliminary writing done to it, which means the other two are ready to type up. i will hopefully have one of them up later tonight!

also, if you haven't yet, check out the preview chapter of my fourth Yu-Gi-Oh! fic, Yu-Gi-Oh! DFR up now in its own thread. i would really like to hear what my long-time readers think. yeah, i'm talkin' to you jjack and senron ;)

and here it is, the expected twenty-four hours late!

[spoiler=Chapter Five]

Beating Up Some Jerkbags Using Trading Cards, Part 2

Jenna

“Alright,” I said, “your deck’s totally out there, and I’m having trouble pegging your strategy down, but I ain’t gonna let that break my momentum. I summon ‘U.F.O. Turtle’!”

“Hold on!” Snap exclaimed so suddenly that I jumped. My monster, a green tortoise with a flying saucer for a shell appeared as Snap declared, “Reveal Counter Trap ‘Forced Back’! My Trap negates your monster’s summoning and returns it to your hand.”

My monster turned to light and rejoined its card, which I picked up off of the Duel Disk.

“And,” Snap continued, “another ‘Seraphim Token’ is summoned.”

Another of Snap’s tiny fairies appeared (DEF: 200).

“I was hoping for that,” I said, glad that my opponent had finally done something that I expected him to. “Now my ‘Panda’ grows even stronger!”

The ‘Panda’ roared and flexed its arms as well as its free claws (ATK: 2300).

“As I explained before, my ‘Panda’ has the power to pierce your defenses and damage your Life, so summon all of the weak monsters you want. ‘Panda’ attack!”

‘Gyaku-Gire Panda’ charged forward and swung his powerful paw at the ‘Cat of Ill Omen’. The feline didn’t react in the slightest.

“I reveal,” said Snap, decisive but still erratic-sounding, “my second ‘Negate Attack’!”

A second vortex, identical to the one from so recently, appeared, repelling my ‘Panda’ in the same matter as before.

Dammit!

“And now,” Snap explained, “another Token is summoned!”

The newest Token monster appeared alongside the others.

Crap! I thought. I’m a good Duelist, but there are some strategies that even good Duelists have to figure out before they can do anything about it. This guy’s strategy is one of ‘em. Maybe if I were a better Duelist, I’d have figured it out by now. Right now all I can do is try to be as prepared as I can…

“I finish my turn with a face-down card.”

“Perfect!” Snap practically sang, his voice warbling. “I draw, and I also set a card. Next I play ‘Card of Sanctity’. We each draw until we hold six cards!”

We drew. Snap looked over his new hand and snickered excitedly. He had no poker face.

“I set a monster,” Snap continued, “and change the ‘Cat of Ill Omen’ to defense mode. I set another card and round out my turn with ‘Dark Room of Nightmare’.”

My opponent smiled, a corner of his mouth twitching along with the corresponding eye, but I could see it. Yes, he was erratic, but he wasn’t crazy. Everything that Snap had done so far was part of his strategy. And thanks to his most recent play, I knew what that strategy was, at least in theory.

He went from using Traps to using Traps to summon monsters, and now he’s activated ‘Dark Room’. I think he’s actually managed to combine Traps and Tokens with a Monster Burn strategy. If I’m right, then I only have one chance.

“It’s my move,” I declared, my confidence renewed. “I begin by summoning my ‘Allure Queen LV3’! She can mesmerize one monster per turn and bring it over to her side.”

An elegantly dressed, highly enticing young woman appeared at my side. She made a circle in the air with her fingertip, creating a floating fireball which danced around the ‘Cat of Ill Omen’’s head, drawing it away from one master and toward another.

“If you want to take my monster,” said Snap, “then I demand your Life in exchange! I reveal ‘Solar Ray’, allowing each of my Light monsters to burn away six hundred of your Life Points. This damage combines with the power of ‘Dark Room’ and becomes even greater!”

Snap’s three tiny fairies began to glow with power as his Trap revealed.

One chance!

“I was ready for that. Reveal ‘Seven Tools of the Bandit’ (8000-1000=7000)!”

“Not bad,” Snap allowed, “but I can more than easily counter your counter. I pay half of my Life Points to reveal ‘Solemn Judgment’!”

Snap’s Life drained away (8000/2=4000), but it was worth it. My Counter Trap was negated, another Token was summoned to Snap’s field, and all four of his fairies unleashed their energy in the form of powerful beams of light (7000-2400-300=4300).

“My attack!” I declared, visibly shaken by my opponent’s massive attack. “I’ll have my ‘Panda’ attack your face-down monster (‘Panda’ ATK: 3300).”

My monster charged and raised his claws. My opponent’s monster was revealed to be a living jet fighter with a cartoonish face, ‘Jetroid’ (DEF: 1800).

“When ‘Jetroid’ is attacked,” Snap explained, “I can play any Trap from my hand. Like my second ‘Solar Ray’!”

The jet was smashed by the ‘Panda’’s angry claws (4000+1800-3300=2500), just as the four ‘Seraphim Tokens’ rose up and unleashed another beam of light that washed over me. The last one was enough to singe my clothes and skin, and this beam was enough to bring me to my knees with a whimper (4300-2400-300=1600).

John, I thought, if this is what all Shadow Games feel like, then I think I get why you never wanted me fighting in them. But I’m not weak. I’m gonna beat this guy, no matter how much it hurts!

I stumbled to my feet, “I’m not out of this yet! My ‘Allure Queen’ attacks and destroys one of the Token monsters.”

“You really should have done that earlier,” Snap taunted, as my ‘Queen’ released a fireball that blew one of the tiny fairies apart. I only glared at Snap. He knew I understood my mistake.

“Now,” I said, struggling with the desperation in my voice, “I set two cards, and…and pass.”

“You seem uncertain,” said Snap arrogantly.

“Attack me and find out,” I taunted.

“I already made clear in my first turn,” Snap countered, “that I won’t take your bait.”

He drew, “It’s time I finished this duel the best way I know how! I summon ‘Makyura the Destructor’, and I’ll command him to attack!”

“I won’t let you get away with that,” I said. “I protect my ‘Queen’ with ‘Waboku’!”

Snap smiled wickedly, “Who said I was attacking the ‘Queen’?”

‘Makyura’, an armored demon with large claw weapons attacked to its arms, wearing a purple-black helm adorned with spikes and the symbol of an Egyptian eye (ATK: 1600), rushed not at the weaker ‘Allure Queen’, but at the stronger ‘Gyaku-Gire Panda’ (ATK: 2800)!

“But wait. That means-!”

My ‘Panda’ crushed the assailant under his powerful paw (2500+1600-2800=1300).

“Exactly,” Snap replied. “Because ‘Makyura’ was added to the Graveyard, I can activate Trap cards from my hand until the end of the turn! I play ‘Ceasefire’ and chain the Trap monster ‘Zoma the Spirit’!”

A demonic creature rose from the ground at Snap’s side.

“There are three Effect monsters on the field,” Snap explained, “so ‘Ceasefire’ deals a base of fifteen hundred damage. Combined with the three hundred from my Spell, its more than enough to kill you!”

Energy poured from my two monsters and Snap’s Trap monster, forming a massive energy ball in the sky. The energy discharged, engulfing me, obscuring me from my opponent’s view.

“Die, girl!” Snap cried, laughing maniacally. He knew he’d won.

Wasn’t he surprised!

As his Trap attack ended, shock filled my opponent’s face, “That’s not possible!”

“Oh yeah,” I replied from where I stood behind a glowing barrier, all semblance of doubt gone from my voice and expression, “it definitely is. Thanks to my ‘Pikeru’s Circle of Enchantment’, I’m immune to all effect damage for the remainder of the turn. Looks like you fell into my Trap after all!”

“You!” Snap explained angrily. “You made me believe that you were helpless against my strategy so that I’d commit my resources too early!”

“If you weren’t so crazy,” I replied, “I’d say something snappy like ‘I’m surprised you didn’t figure that out earlier’. Now, get ready. I draw,” I pulled my newest card, “and my ‘Allure Queen’ levels up!”

‘Cat of Ill Omen’ disappeared, and ‘Allure Queen’ grew into a slightly more mature and more attractive version of herself.

“I summon ‘Mother Grizzly’,” I continued, the bluish-furred bear appearing alongside the ‘Panda’, “and reveal ‘Ultimate Offering’. I pay one thousand Life and tribute all three of my monsters to summon ‘Aitsu’ and ‘Koitsu’, my ultimate cards!”

My three monsters disappeared, and they were replaced by two tiny humanoid creatures. Both were featureless, and both stood upon levitating, magic paper airplanes. You wouldn’t be able to tell them apart, except for that fact that ‘Aitsu’ (ATK: 100) was red, and ‘Koitsu’ (ATK: 200) was blue.

“My monsters are weak separately,” I explained, “but they can unionize together and form a power unlike any other!”

My monsters clasped hands, “Attack with the union spiral, Spiral Dive-bomb!”

My monsters dove in a tight spiral (ATK: 3100), ripping strait through Snap’s monsters, shattering them, dealing piercing damage. Snap’s Life Points were reduced to zero, and he fell to his knees. I walked toward him and stood over him. “Here,” Snap pleaded, holding a heavily scratched black metal coin to me, “take my Shadow Item. Just don’t hurt me!”

I took the coin, feeling its power adding to my Shadow Baton’s. I knew what to do, even though I’d never done it and I’d only barely heard Amanda do it to her opponent. I knew, because my opponent deserved to forget, and my Shadow Items wanted to give him what he deserved. I held my palm up to Snap’s forehead, “This probably won’t hurt. Too bad. But what’re ya gonna do? Snap, its time to forget it all. Forget magic and Shadow Items. Penalty Game, Mind Wipe!”

Kristin

“It is my turn,” Warp declared assertively. “Dealing me twelve hundred damage with your Trap last turn was a decent touch, but ultimately futile. I control the field now, and you’re wide open, just as I planned.”

Warp drew to begin his turn, “Reveal ‘Level Conversion Lab’. This lets me assign a monster in my hand a random Level from one to six. If the monster’s Level becomes one, my little experiment fails and the monster becomes weak and dies. But if any other number comes up, my monster is assigned that Level until the end of the turn.”

Warp chose his card and held it out. A pedestal topped with a monitor appeared at his side, flashing random numbers, until it stopped suddenly on three. Warp revealed his monster, “My monster is ‘Gravity Behemoth’!

“I summon my monster now,” Warp declared, and his monster, a massive black beast with curved horns and an armored body, appeared standing behind him (ATK: 2300). “My monster attacks directly with Gravity Crush Claw!”

‘Gravity Behemoth’ slashed with its massive claws, releasing waves of gravitic energy that collected around me, increasing the effect of gravity on my body. I fell to my knees as my body became so heavy that I was nearly crushed under my own weight (8000-2300=5700). Just when I thought I was going to start to cry, the energy from ‘Behemoth’’s attack dissipated.

“Nice try,” I said, rising shakily to my feet, trying to keep the pain out of my voice, “but if my plan works (and I think it will) then you lose this turn.”

“There is no way that a Duelist with a deck like yours and with your experience could defeat me in one turn,” Warp insisted. “For there to even be a chance, your deck would have to be structured perfectly.”

I smiled, “Maybe it is.” I drew, “I activate ‘Graceful Charity’ to draw three cards and discard two.”

I drew again, So far so good! I just need one more card.

“Next up,” I continued, “I play ‘Pot of Greed’ to draw two more cards!”

I drew yet again, and I could feel my face light up as I looked at my newest acquisition. I didn’t even attempt to conceal my excitement.

“Oh yeah! Kiss your Life Points goodbye! I play ‘Fusion Recovery’, returning ‘Polymerization’ and ‘Roboyarou’ in my Grave to my hand. But I didn’t need ‘Roboyarou’. Just ‘Poly’. So I ditch the android and remove a card in my Grave from play, activating the effect of that card, my ‘Junk Recoverer’!

71648.jpg

“This lets me return any Machine monster in my Grave to my hand. I choose the ‘Barrel Dragon’ that I discarded due to the effect of ‘Graceful Charity’.”

A card ejected from my Graveyard compartment. Several old, run-down components appeared, assembling into a robot with the head of a TV. It took the ejected card from the Graveyard and handed it to me, before falling apart yet again.

“I play ‘Polymerization’,” I declared, “to merge ‘Barrel Dragon’ and ‘Blowback Dragon’ in my hand into the mighty ‘Gatling Dragon’!”

A massive robotic dragon with a revolver for a head and for each arm appeared alongside a second dragon with a revolver for a head and body. The two merged in a flash of light into a wicked-looking mechanical dragon with huge wheels instead of legs, a Gatling gun for a head, and a Gatling gun for each hand appeared with a roar.

“Now say by-by, because my ‘Gatling Dragon’ won’t be here long.” I chose another on-hand card, “I play ‘De-Fusion’ to separate my monster, summoning the base monsters to the field!”

The ‘Gatling Dragon’ split into his component monsters. They appeared in the space behind me with a mechanical-sounding roar (Barrel Dragon ATK: 2600/Blowback Dragon ATK: 2300).

“This can’t be!” Warp exclaimed. “You must have based your strategy on this play all along!”

“Oh,” I said, “it can be, and I did. And this isn’t everything. I said I was going to destroy you this turn, and my monsters can’t do this as they are. So I’ll play my final card, ‘Limiter Removal’!”

Warp’s eyes went wide as auras appeared around my monsters. Gears ground and clanked inside their metal bodies, and their power doubled (2600x2=5200/2300x2=4600).

“No,” Warp whimpered one final time.

I smiled, “Yes! My dragons attack!”

‘Barrel Dragon’ fired his revolvers, tearing lethal holes through the body of the ‘Behemoth’, carrying through. ‘Blowback Dragon’ fired a massive bullet of its own. The two attacks blasted my opponent, throwing him onto his back with a loud THUD! He passed out. Two minutes ago, Warp could have been a serious threat to anyone he encountered. By the time he woke up, he wouldn’t even remember how to be.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

242it8n.jpg

This often-overlooked card might not seem like anything special on paper, but in practice, it can often be more useful than you might think!

Next Chapter Beating Up Some Jerkbags Using Trading Cards, Part 3

Okay, this is getting redundant. I'm calling the next one something different...

• 2 weeks later...

here, finally, is the second to last chapter of the special! hope you enjoy it.

[spoiler=Chapter Six]

Beating Up Some Jerkbags Using Trading Cards, Part 3

Max

“Your ‘Reaper’ might be a rare card,” said Scourge, full of pride, “and I’ll admit, I’m impressed, but my strategy, the ultimate strategy, has only begun to unfold. I begin my turn by gaining two hundred Life due to the effect of ‘Marie the Fallen One’ sent to the Graveyard by ‘Armageddon Knight’ (8000+200=8200). Next I summon ‘Armageddon Knight’!”

Another of the dark swordsmen appeared alongside his doppelganger (ATK: 1400).

“This,” Scourge explained, “allows me to discard another ‘Marie’ from my deck. And I follow up with the Spell card ‘Painful Choice’.”

Scourge didn’t bother to explain his Spell and instead jumped right into the effect, fanning out his deck and choosing five cards. He added them to his Duel Disk and holograms of the five cards appeared above his head. He’d chosen three copies of ‘Shining Angel’ and two copies of ‘Giant Germ’.”

Of course I already knew what my opponent was planning, so I didn’t really care which card he kept. “Keep your ‘Giant Germ’,” I told him. He did, discarding the rest.

“Finally my combo is complete!” said Scourge. “Now that I have another Fiend in my Graveyard I have the power to summon one of the most powerful, dangerous monsters in the game! I remove ‘Shining Angel’, both copies of ‘Marie’, and the ‘Giant Germ’ from play to summon-.”

“The ‘Sky Scourge – Norleras’?” I asked, bored.

“-The ‘Sky Scourge – Norleras’!” Scourge declared, and then paused, my question sinking in. “Hey, how did you know that!?”

“Well,” I answered, “my first clue was the fact that you call yourself Scourge. Then you did so much deck thinning that you practically showed me your deck. I didn’t need a third clue, not to say that there wasn’t one. Or three.”

Scourge was fuming, “Maybe you did figure out my deck. I’m still going to blow you away. Behold my monster!”

A pillar of dark light erupted from the ground, and from it rose the imposing figure of ‘Norleras’. He had a skeletal face with a protruding form, tattered, leathery wings, black skin studded with spikes, and long, spindly arms. His arms and lower torso were wrapped in white bandages. He had spindly fingers with long, sharp claws. He had no legs, and instead had only a tail of wispy black smoke (ATK: 2400).

“Your ‘Reaper’ can’t be destroyed in battle, but my monster is even more powerful. He can release all of his energy in the form of one final attack, destroying everything on the field and in our hands, and then allowing me to draw one card, at the cost of only one thousand Life Points!”

I didn’t react in the slightest, which seemed to piss my opponent off. But can you blame me? I knew ‘Norleras’’ effect, so I wasn’t surprised. Plus, my strategy could handle such a minor setback. Scourge’s Life fell (8200-1000=7200). ‘Norleras’ cried out and self destructed, his energy erupted outward like a dark fountain, washing away everything on the field. Scourge and I discarded our hands, and Scourge drew his one card. One card that gave him a decisive advantage over me, in theory.

“I play ‘Graceful Charity’,” Scourge declared confidently, “to draw three cards and discard two.”

He drew again discarded again as I taunted, “Draw anything good? Or maybe you’re setting up for another Special Summon of a useless monster.”

“Shut up!” Scourge snapped, momentarily losing control. He regained his cool quickly, “I discard ‘Hysteric Fairy’ and ‘Sangan’, and I remove two copies of ‘Shining Angel’, ‘Hysteric Fairy’, and ‘Sangan’ from play to summon the second ultimate card!”

“Big surprise…”

“Behold,” Scourge announced as he was flanked by a pillar of light, “the ‘Sky Scourge – Enrise’!”

A form emerged from a pillar of light. He was more slender and angelic than ‘Norleras’ with elegant, feathered white wings. His eyes were covered by a visor. He wore leather pants and leather straps on his arms, and he had a hole in his abdomen that glittered, like a swirling vortex (ATK: 2400).

“My monster attacks directly,” Scourge commanded, “with Fallen Burst!”

‘Enrise’ summoned energy into his hands from the vortex in his body and released it in a wave (8000-2400=5600).

“Nice play,” I said, honestly impressed, “but whatever. Your monster won’t be around much longer.”

“You might have figured me out two turns ago,” said Scourge, “but you still can’t come back from this,” he gestured at the current state of the field. “I control a powerful monster able to remove one of your monsters from play each turn. You don’t even have a hand!”

I ignored him and drew my card, This is it. This next card will prove which of us has the stronger will to win!

I looked at my card, and I smiled, “What were you saying about my hand?” I showed Scourge my card, and he stared at it, shocked.

“No way!”

“Yes,” I replied. “I play ‘Card of Demise’, letting me draw five new cards!”

I drew again, “Next I play the Field Spell card ‘Fusion Gate’!” A huge metal gateway rose up behind me, a swirling green vortex appearing within it. “While I control this card,” I explained, “I can remove monsters from play in order to fuse them together instead of using ‘Polymerization’. I remove ‘Ancient Brain’ and ‘The Dark – Hex-Sealed Fusion’ in my hand from play to Fusion Summon ‘Skull Knight’!”

The surface of the vortex rippled, and a caped knight emerged, with a bone sword, and skull shield, and armor and a helm that resembled bones and a skull as well (ATK: 2650).

“This is the first card I ever owned, given to me by a friend,” I told my opponent, “and it’s just what I needed to take your monster down.

“’Skull Knight’,” I commanded, “destroy ‘Enrise’ with your mystic blade!”

My ‘Skull Knight’ released a wave of light from his sword, sheering the ‘Sky Scourge’ in half (7200+2400-2650=6950).

“My move!” Scourge declared, getting a little ahead of himself.

“Not yet,” I countered. “I set two cards. Now it’s your move.”

Scourge drew, scowling at me.

“You’re losing your cool, Scourge,” I taunted.

“Shut up!” He stared at his card with disappointment.

“Running out of luck?” I asked, mockingly. “I draw, and I activate ‘Pot of Greed’.”

I drew again, “I play the Spell card ‘Book of Life’ to remove from play ‘Norleras’ in your Graveyard, and to revive a monster from mine. I choose my ‘Spirit Reaper’ (ATK: 300)!

“My monsters attack,” I commanded. My monsters attacked Scourge directly. ‘Skull Knight’, my first monster, swung his sword, and ‘Spirit Reaper’, my favorite monster, swung his scythe. The two attacks brought my opponent to his knees (6950-300-2650=3800).

“I reveal,” I continued, “the Spell card ‘Quick Summon’, tributing both of my monsters to summon the mighty ‘Despair from the Dark’!”

The recently-revived ‘Reaper’ and his sword-wielding companion both faded into the shade at my feet, and that shadow stretched upward, taking on the solid form of a shadowy torso with huge claws (ATK: 2800).

“My monster attacks!” I declared, and in an instant my opponent’s face turned from one of frustration to one of pride.

“You fell for my ultimate trap!” Scourge exclaimed. A barrier appeared around him as my monster struck. The barrier stopped my monster’s attack cold.

“When your ‘Spirit Reaper’ dealt me damage, you forced me to discard the last card in my hand, the Spell card ‘Secret Barrier – Magic Force’! I remove it from play to halve your monster’s Attack (3800-1400=2400) and destroy it!”

71648.jpg

The barrier spread out vaporizing my last remaining monster.

“I knew I’d defeat you!” Scourge cried excitedly.

I chuckled darkly, “You couldn’t be more wrong. You’ve fallen into my trap. Because the Level Eight ‘Despair from the Dark’ was removed from the field, I can play ‘Deal with Dark Ruler’ to summon my ultimate card!”

The shadowy remains of ‘Despair’ gathered together and formed a massive, brown, skeletal dragon with a tuft of white hair coming off of the back of its head, “Scourge, meet ‘Berserk Dragon’ (ATK: 3500)!”

Scourge didn’t say a word. He only stared on, wearing a look of utter defeat. My dragon breathed fire over my opponent, ending the duel.

“You’re obviously not nearly as good as you think,” I told him, “but your knowledge of dark magic makes you dangerous. Good thing you won’t have that knowledge much longer.”

My Soul flashed with amber light, and Scourge collapsed, unconscious.

Tucker

“My turn,” said Frost simply as she drew her card. “I summon the ‘Cold Enchanter’.”

Even as Frost’s monster, an attractive young woman in layered white and blue garbs, long blue stockings, and an icy crown, carrying a wand like ice, topped with a giant icicle, appeared at her side (ATK: 1600), Frost continued to look through me as if I wasn’t there. As if she were acting and reacting without realizing what she was doing.

“’Cold Enchanter’’s effect,” Frost explained, almost mechanically, “places an ice counter on one of your monsters.”

I watched as a layer of ice formed over the arm of ‘Thing in the Crater’.

“I tribute ‘Blizzard Dragon’,” Frost continued, “and ‘Cold Enchanter’ to Special Summon ‘Ice Master’.”

A tall woman, who appeared to be an older version of ‘Cold Enchanter’, but with a more deeply layered dress and a staff topped with a snowflake in place of a wand, replaced both of Frost’s monsters (ATK: 2500).

“’Ice Master’’s effect places another Ice Counter,” Frost explained. The flames covering my ‘Blazing Inpachi’ were almost dispelled by a gust of wind, and ice crystals formed across his torso.

“I tribute ‘Ice Master’,” Frost declared, “to destroy every monster bearing an Ice Counter.”

‘Ice Master’ turned into a form of crystalline vapor (or at least that’s what Sarah called it later when I described it), and blew over my monsters, causing the icy patched to build up and spread until my monsters were covered. They became heavy and brittle, falling over and shattering all around me.

She gave up her powerful monster to clear the field? When she could have attacked? I considered this. I may not be all too book smart, but I know fights and battle combos, and even though I don’t know much about this girls cards, I know that this combo is a weird one.

“I remove ‘Cold Enchanter’ and ‘Blizzard Dragon’ in the Graveyard from play to Special Summon ‘Fenrir’ the Ice Wolf’.”

A fierce gray wolf appeared, an icy aura hovering around it, hanging in the air (ATK: 1400).

“’Fenrir’ attacks directly,” Frost declared, and the wolf came at me with long, yellow claws bared.

“Reveal,” I countered, “with ‘Firewall’! I remove ‘Thing in the Crater’ in my Graveyard from play to negate the direct attack of your monster.

A protective wall of fire rose up around me, forcing ‘Fenrir’ to return to his master’s side.

This keeps getting weirder and weirder! I realized. She gave up her powerful monster and summoned ‘Fenrir’ instead, after all of my monsters were gone, rendering ‘Fenrir’’s effect mostly useless? Why?”

I looked my opponent in the eye, and I saw the answer; a single tear rolling down my foe’s unexpressive face.

I had a feelin, I thought, but now, seeing that, I’m sure. I felt a feeling of anger wash over me, Someone is doing this to her! Someone is forcing her to fight. But who?!

But I already knew the answer. I could feel it in my heart. I looked over to where Sarah was dueling and looked into the face of her opponent. Into the face of the man causing this girl so much pain.

“I’m not gonna let him get away with manipulating you,” I told Frost. “I’ve never tried this, but I think I can do it. I’m gonna send my Soul into yours and get you your life back, even if I have to peel away Mask’s dark magic by hand. I pay the cost to keep the Continuous Trap card ‘Firewall’ (8000-500=7500). “Next I’ll play ‘Soul of Fire’. I remove ‘Infernal Flame Emperor’ from play!”

A spectral form of a sphinx-like creature with the body of a lion, the head of a human, and bird-like wings, its body made of flames, appeared on the field. The spectral creature struck my opponent, surrounding her in flames, before disappearing from the field (8000+1400=6450). The flames lingered.

“’Soul of Fire’,” I pleaded, “merge my spirit with the girl's over a bridge of flames!”

My Soul flashed red light, and for better or for worse, I felt my spirit leave my body.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

71648.jpg

There is a card in the game today, known as Necro Guardna. This card is very similar, except that it can only negate half the damage that the user would take, and that it destroys the attacker.

Next Chapter The Grand Finale!

see, i told you i'd call this chapter something different!

I've broken up the final chapter into two parts. Both portions are now up!!! This will be the last story of the Duel Force, at least for now, so please let me know what you think.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven, Part One]

The Grand Finale!

I opened my eyes to darkness. Very slowly an environment began to form around me. Where I had not been standing on anything, suddenly there was a floor beneath my feet, frosted over completely, except for the spot where I stood. The area around me was too dark to see, so I summoned up a fireball and allowed it to rise up into the air, lighting what appeared to be a large room.

What is this, I wondered, a room within Frost’s soul?

I looked around. There was furniture in the room, in the shadows where my fire didn’t quite reach, but it was too frozen over by thick layers of ice for me to make out any details. The room felt empty, but I could sense a presence.

"Whoever you are," I said, "come out here and show yourself!"

Out of the ice itself stepped a figure. She looked exactly like the girl that I knew only as Frost.

"Frost?" I wondered.

"Not exactly," she answered, even her voice alone sounding more animate than her real-world counterpart. "You could say that I'm the inner Frost, but even that wouldn't be completely correct. At the moment, I'm just as much him as I am her."

"Him?" I asked. "You mean Mask?"

"You saw the Shadow Sword he carries. It doesn't just get cut objects and allow Mask to blend into the shadows around him. It also allows him to cut his way into the hearts and minds of troubled people, imposing his will on the personallity of the room within their soul. Normally that personallity is just the collective sense of self created by the personal effects throughout the room, but in the case of the strong minds, there is also an inner self like me."

She laughed happily.

"If you're what's keeping this girl under Mask's control," I declared, "then I'm gonna beat you and drive his influence away for good!"

I held up my left arm, and in a burst of flames my Duel Disk appeared, "There's a Shadow Duel going on. Let's finish where we left off!"

My opponent summoned her own Duel Disk to her arm as well, her wolf appearing at her side (ATK: 1400), "Gladly! But unlike my real-world counterpart, I do want to kill you."

"It's still my turn," I said, ignoring her. "I remove 'Thing in the Crater' from play to summon 'Spirit of Flames', and because my 'Soul of Fire' card prevents from attacking in the turn it was used, set a card and pass."

"You went through so much trouble to into this girl's heart and fight me," my foe taunted, "that you left yourself unable to attack! I draw, and -."

"Slow down," I cut in. "I don't need to attack. Reveal 'Battle Mania'! Any face-up monster you control must battle this turn!"

My opponent scowled as 'Fenrir' lunged at my monster, a red-skinned fire demon (ATK: 1700). The demon raised his hand, and the attacking wolf was incinerated in a blast of heat that carried through and hit the foe (6550+1400-1700=6250). The flames burned high, spreading across the battlefield.

"My monsters are angry, Spirit Snatcher," I declared, "and so am I. Your time is up!"

My foe scowled again, "I set a monster and end my turn."

Sarah

I drew, and I was surrounded by an aura that burned my skin as it stripped away five hundred of my Life (8000-500=7500).

"Just because you found a way to hurt me," I explained, "it doesn't mean that you stand a chance against me. I play 'Monster Reborn'," there was a bright red flash beneath the surface of the water, and the goldfish warrior reappeared, "to revive my 'Ocean's Keeper'. And I tribute him for 'Cranium Fish'!"

Water rose up from the ocean below and swirled around the 'Ocean's Keeper'. When it fell away, the goldfish was gone, replaced by a much larger fish with a similar color, with huge, sweeping blue fins, and a massive brain protruding from its head. It had a multitude of smaller fish docked along its body (ATK: 2400).

"My monster's Attack power goes up," I explained (2400+200=2600). "Next I summon 'Deep Diver'," another monster, a short humanoid form in a diving suite, appeared at my side (ATK: 1000+200-1200).

"My 'Cranium Fish' destroys your monster," I declared, "and the 'Diver' attacks directly."

'Cranium Fish' released four of the fish docked along its body like torpedoes into the water. The tore along, bursting from the water and exploding against the masked monster, destroying it (8000+2500-2600=7900). The 'Deep Diver' dropped under the water as well, shooting forward and disappearing beneath the surface. He erupted from the water behind Mask, a hammer in his hand, and struck Mask in the back (7900-1200=6700).

"I finish my turn with a face-down card."

"You think you've turned this duel around?" Mask asked. "Well you're wrong! I'm about to summon my ultimate card, and once I do, you won't stand a chance! I play 'Premature Burial' (6700-800=5900) to revive 'Melchid the Four-Faced Beast'!"

The four-masked monster reappeared (ATK: 1500). "I summon 'Djin Presider of Rituals', and I tribute both monsters to Special Summon the most powerful monster in my deck, the 'Masked Beast Des Gardius'!"

The bulbous, scantily-armored demon swordsman 'Presider' appeared, and both monsters disappeared, replaced by a massive demon with a long neck leading up to a masked head. It had two more masked fixed to its chest, huge forearms, and massive, beastly claws (ATK: 3300).

"But I'm not finished," said Mask. "I play 'Card of Sanctity'! We each draw until we hold six cards."

Mask drew his cards all at once. I took my time. I watched Mask's face light up, filling with a wicked grin. "Yes!" he exclaimed. "I just drew everything I needed to double your trouble!"

Lame.

"I play 'Curse of the Masked Beast'," he continued, "removing 'Presider' in my Graveyard from play and tributing 'Grand Tiki Elder' in my hand to Ritual Summon a new monster to the field!"

A black fire flared up on Mask's field, burning strong. The two sacrifices appeared, engulfed by fire, and the fire grew bigger. From it emerged a second massive demon. It had a humanoid torso with an empty face, and a beastly, lizard-like lower body and legs and long tail. There were deformed masks fused into various parts of the demon's body, a living mask, the creature's real face, attached to its abdomen, and a staff in its hand.

"Meet 'The Masked Beast'!"

The demon roared (ATK: 3200).

"Yawn," I said casually. "Is that all you have?"

"You won't be so calm once my monsters are through with you!" Mask declared. "My monsters attack together, Dark Flash!"

The two monsters unleashed a wave of darkness that destroyed both of my monsters (Total ATK: 6500). The attacks carried through, toward me, but they were deflected by the 'Tornado Wall', and my Life Points remained unharmed. I stood there with my arms crossed, trying not to be bored. Really.

"When 'Deep Diver' is destroyed," I explained, "I get to move any card in my deck to the top of my deck."

A card ejected from my deck. I added it to my hand, "I draw (7500-500=7000).

"I summon the card added to my hand," I declared, a deadly-looking skeletal shark rising from the ocean to face the dual demons (ATK: 1700).

"When a monster is summoned, I can activate 'Torrential Tribute' to destroy every monster on the field. The 'Abyssal Kingshark' has a killer instinct so strong that it can avoid one effect per turn that doesn't designate a specific target."

A giant tidal wave spread across the field, wiping out the demons. It passed, and the shark rose out of the water unharmed.

"I'm going to attack directly this turn," I declared.

"Not likely," Mask countered. "When 'Des Gardius' is destroyed, he leaves behind the 'Mask of Remnants', capable of attaching to and controlling one monster in play."

The two masks from the chest of the demon rose up out of the water and merged into a devil mask, split along the center, a demonic creature trying to force its way out. It attached to the shark's face.

"Your only monster is mine!"

"Duh," I said. "Did you think I didn't know your monster's effect? I guess it makes sense that you'd think that, since I coulda just activated my Trap during your turn when I had no monster for your mask to target," I smiled, "but where's the fun in that! Chain, 'Quick Summon', tributing the 'Kingshark', your mask along with it, and summoning the 'Levia Dragon - Daedalus'!"

The 'Kingshark' was caught in a violent wave. From that wave emerged a huge sea serpent with a powerful jaw, silvery armory scales, and gorgeous pink fins (ATK: 2600+200=2800).

"I said I was going to attack directly," I explained, "and I meant it. 'Daedalus' attack!"

The sea dragon fired an ocean-blue beam from its mouth. It hit my opponent, nearly lifting him off of his feet (5900-2800=3100).

"I'm not out of this duel yet," said Mask. He drew, obviously looking for a way to re-summon one of his beasts. At least that's what I would have been doing. "I summon the 'Masked Sorcerer' in defense mode, equip your sea monster with 'Mask of the Accursed', and set a card!"

A new mask appeared on the face of my monster. It had pins in the cheeks and the eye holes. Those pins pushed through the mask, into my dragon's flesh. He cried out. At the same time Mask's monster, a masked torso with a wispy tail attached to a golden disk, appeared, facing off against my monster (DEF: 1400).

"My mask prevents your dragon attacking or defending, and deals you five hundred more damage each turn."

"Maybe," I said, "but even when my monster can't attack, he can still evolve."

I drew, ignoring the cursed aura that stole away one thousand of my Life (7000-1000=6000).

"I tribute 'Levia Dragon - Daedalus'," I declared, "to evolve him into the ultimate sea dragon!"

My dragon grew larger, its fins growing out into large pink, almost fan-like appendages. Its head split off a second head, smaller and more lightly armored, shattering the mask it wore. The two heads roared (ATK: 2900+200=3100).

"My monster can use the water around him," I explained, "to create a tidal wave capable of washing away every other card on the field and in our hands!"

The water of the 'Legendary Ocean' drew up around my monster and expanded outward, forming a massive tidal wave that washed away the 'Masked Sorcerer' and the face-down 'Mirror Force'. The 'Field Barrier' went with the Field Spell, taking the 'Mask of Dispel' with it (ATK: 3100-200=2900).

"And just 'cause I'm sick of listening to you," I concluded, "I remove the Spell cards 'Terraforming' and 'Terrain Change' in the Graveyard from play

71648l.jpg

to reactivate 'A Legendary Ocean'!"

Light rippled across the field, and the water reappeared. My monster's power climbed (2900+200=3100).

"I finish it," I commanded, "with the attack of 'Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus'! Go, Ocean Burst!"

"No!" Mask protested. The dragon's two heads unleashed a combined attack. Mask threw up his arms defensively, but the blast still sent him flying through the air, his Life Points dropping exactly to zero.

This isn't over yet, I told myself, making my way toward my opponent, prepared to strike the final blow.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven, Part Two]

Tucker

“Alright,” I said, “since I don’t have any more Fire monsters in my Graveyard, I’ll let ‘Firewall’ be destroyed,” my Trap card faded from the field. “Next, I attack your face-down monster with ‘Spirit of Flames’, who gains three hundred attack during my turn (ATK: 2000)!”

The red-skinned demon released a stream of flames at the hidden card, but that stream was intercepted by a wall of crystal that reflected my monster’s image.

“Reveal,” the Spirit Snatcher declared, “the Trap card ‘Mirror Wall’. This card forces your monster to attack its own reflection, cutting its attack (2000/2=1000).”

“The attack still gets through,” I insisted. The crystals made way for the diminished attack, which closed in on the hidden monster. It was revealed as a simple snowman, complete with twig arms and silly hat.

This will be easy, I thought, but I found myself shocked when a driving, snowy wind surrounded the snowman, blowing my flames away. I lost nine hundred Life (7500-900=6600).

Nineteen hundred defense? “That’s one tough snowman!”

“Not a snowman,” the Spirit Snatcher explained. “My monster is the man-eating lizard with the power to control snow and disguises himself as a snowman, the ‘Snowman Eater’!”

And that’s when I saw it; a pair of yellow eyes beneath the snowman. The creature that belonged to those eyes lunged at my monster, the entire snowman still sitting on its back, and swallowed my demon whole.

No way!

The lizard with the snowman on its back hobbled back over to the Spirit Snatcher’s side of the field, its sharp-toothed grin similar to the one worn by its master.

“Okay,” I said, “that was weird. But I’m not done with you yet! I remove ‘Spirit of Flames’ from play to summon my own defender,” A living face made of flames appeared in the air beside me, “the ‘Inferno’ (ATK: 1900)!”

“Your monster is nothing,” the Spirit Snatcher explained. “In fact because you Special Summoned, I can Special Summon the exact monster I need, the mighty ‘Dragon Ice’!”

A humanoid dragon with a body made of ice, wide, black wings, and a metallic arm and helm (DEF: 2200).

I scowled, This isn’t looking good for me. This Spirit Snatcher is using this girl’s deck, but her strategy is already much more aggressive. When she said she wasn’t wanted me dead, she really wasn’t kidding.

“Now I draw,” the Spirit Snatcher began, “and I tribute both of my monsters for the most powerful monster in this girl’s deck, and in fact one of the most powerful monsters in this game, the ‘White Night Dragon’!”

The two icy monsters merged into a block of us which took form, becoming a mighty-looking dragon, like a ‘Blue-Eyes White Dragon’ chiseled from ice (ATK: 3000).

“My monster destroys your ‘Inferno’!” the Spirit Snatcher commanded. “Ice Burst!”

The ‘White Night Dragon’ breathed a freezing blast from its icy maw, snuffing out my monster like a candle.

“My monster is immune to monster effects that designate a target,” the Spirit Snatcher explained, “and at three thousand Attack, nothing you summon will be able to stand against it!”

My opponent’s Shadow Soul of Ice began to glow, and she was surrounded by an icy breeze, “I also have access to this girl’s magic! When I defeat you, I’ll use it to spread like ice the infection that has made me what I am, a servant of Mask, adding you to his ranks as well!”

The Spirit Snatcher was sure of herself, but I wasn’t worried.

“You don’t understand,” I told the Spirit Snatcher. “I will not allow anything of Mask to remain in the Soul of this girl. I will destroy you, and nothing you do can stop me!”

Heat began to roll off of my body, and I drew my card. I’d been saving up cards, and now I’d finally drawn what I needed.

“I set two cards,” I declared, “and activate ‘Card of Sanctity’ to draw six cards, combining it with the face-down ‘Pot of Greed’, giving me an eight-card hand!”

I drew a total of eight cards, “Your time’s up. I reveal ‘Incandescent Ordeal’. I tribute ‘Sacrificial Fire’

20zuz6b.jpg

to summon my Soul, ‘Legendary Flame Lord’!”

A man in blue armor, a blue crown, and a coat of fire, carrying a staff in one hand and a dagger in the other, hanging in the air above me (ATK: 2400).

“I activate four Spell cards from my hand,” I continued, “’Dark Room of Nightmare’, two copies of ‘Meteor of Destruction’, and ‘Tremendous Fire’!”

Two fireballs fell from the sky at the command of my monster. They struck my opponent (6250-2000-600=3650) and their flames spread across the field (Me: 6600-500=6100/Spirit Snatcher: 3650-1300=2350). Flames lingered on the field, drawn toward my monster, swirling in the air around him.

“My monster releases the magical energy of my Spells to form his ultimate attack, Annihilating Inferno!” ‘Legendary Flame Lord’ summoned the flames around him into the tip of his staff and released them, melting the ice dragon away.

“But my monster-,” my opponent began.

“Is immune to effects that declare a target. But my monster’s power is over the entire field!

“My monster attacks,” I finished, “with Final Flame!”

‘Legendary Flame Lord’ blasted the girl, and the ghostly form of Mask separated from her. Her eyes grew softer, and she began to fall. I dispersed the heat around me and ran to catch her, as her spirit room faded away. A second later, I was back in my own body, on my knees, with the sleeping Frost in my arms.

Sarah

I stood over Mark. It must have been about then that his influence over Frost was broken, because he suddenly looked over at her, a shocked look on his face. He saw her there, defeated. He looked around and saw the various members of his group strewn about the room, unconscious.

“No…”

“You lose, Mask,” I told him. My Soul flashed, and he joined his fellows. Max drug the members of the Dark Elite, save Frost, out front and tied them up, dumping the various items that they’d stolen at their feet, and called the cops using a nearby payphone. He disappeared shortly after. The rest of us made our ways home, including Frost, who went home with Jenna, and who had grown almost instantly attached to Tucker. I knew that I’d have to deal with what to do with her soon, but for the time being I was content to let it go.

The next day at closing time, I went down to Wilson’s Games. Tucker had told me how well he handled himself in the presence of Shadow Items, so I walked in and turned over my book bag, dumping the Shadow Items gathered from the Dark Elite on his counter.

“What is this?” Wilson asked, but I could tell that he understood.

“I figured you of all people could keep these safe,” I told him, and he nodded. He pulled a trunk out from beneath the counter and opened it, pushing the various Items into it. I glanced inside as he was closing it and saw dozens of Shadow Items of various shapes and sizes.

“You did well,” said Wilson. “From what I understand you got these items away from some dangerous people, and saved a life, even if she doesn’t remember much about herself yet. There are people around who are very proud of you, including me.”

“Thanks,” I told him, pondering his words.

“But remember to be careful,” Wilson continued. “You defeated one enemy, but there could very well be an even stronger one right around the corner.”

With those final words, the elderly man turned and disappeared into the back room of his store, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

[spoiler=Card of the Day (Part One)]

71648l.jpg

Although not a terribly useful card overall, this card is the perfect card for Sarah. Once she uses her monster effects to send her Field to the Graveyard, this card can be used to instantaneously bring it back with all of its benefits intact!

[spoiler=Card of the Day (Part Two)]

es3uwl.png

This card, the most powerful card in Frost's deck, is an ice version of the legendary "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", and it is almost as deadly. Against many Duelists, or against Tucker earlier on in the saga of the Duel Force, it would likely have been more than enough to destroy them. It was only because Tucker has learned to think before he acts that he was able to defeat it so easily.

Turn End

probably

Oops, I read them but forgot to comment. And, I didn't notice I hadn't (I was too busy reading The Lost Hero. Best. Book. EVER!). Oops. Well, I liked the ending. Tucker probably has a girlfriend (finally). They now have MANY questions about Mr. Wilson and his past. If you DO write more of this, I would highly recomend you reveal more about his past.

i have been thinking about writing a short series about him and a couple other characters from the time when duel monsters was new and there were many groups just learning of its connection to magic. i think it would be interesting to meet some characters who were the first to master the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COMING EARLY 2011 (probably)!

Introducing the newest incarnation of the Duel Force! Sarah, sister of the Duel Force's original leader John, has just passed her first test as a leader, but she had help from allies who are likely not to be around much longer. Recent events have raised many questions in her mind about parts of her life. Questions that she wants to forget. But she just can't shake the feeling that the answers are important. A former enemy, a teenage girl with amnesia, has been left in the care of Sarah and her friends. Sarah pretends that she has a plan in front of the others, but in reality, she has no idea what to do!

But worst of all, the most annoying person alive has made his way into her life. Remember back in Book Two, a kid named Nate? Well, he's back, and he wants to join the Duel Force! This guy makes Tucker look like a fine spring day.

Oh yeah, and Tucker's gonna be in it too.

Can Sarah overcome the obstacles popping up in her life? Can she live up to the legacy of her brother? Find out in...

YU-GI-OH! DFE

yu-gi-oh! duel force extra

I don't know if this is pinned, but if it isn't, then it should be.

There is no word or grouping of words in even non-existance that can even begin to describe the amount of win there is contained in this fan-fic.

How you managed to accomplish such a feat is beyond me, but I'm glad you did.

• 6 months later...

so i wanted to let everyone know that i'm back from the oblivion that is moderate to severe depression. i've put of posting on all of my series for so long that i know that many have lost interest. that is why i will be reposting Yu-Gi-Oh! DF as Yu-Gi-Oh! DF Extended. i know i recently tried to do the same thing with my old Digimon fanfic, but this one i am serious about completing. after all, there isn't a very big audience for Digimon fics on this sight.

i know many of you who still read my stuff will be upset by this, as you want new content, but let me assure you, there will be new content. I've added so much to the mythos of DF now that i never intended that i feel i need to go back and bring the lighthearted story written in my youth up to my current standards. the tone will still be the same, as will the overall story, but i plan to add little tidbits here and there that will connect future events to past ones, and serve to further flesh out characters that i feel are underdeveloped (which is almost everyone). don't feel let down if there is filler added every so often, because every new addition will have a purpose overall.

of course my other reason for doing this is to attract more readers. i appreciate the readers i have more than i can express, but i know that there are potential readers on this site who would enjoy my fanfic, but are intimidated by its length. i think that giving them a chance to start over with me will make them more comfortable with reading what i have written.

i thank everyone who has stayed with me for so long and put up with my crap, i hope you are all as excited by this as i am, and i hope to see you in the new thread once it begins!

oh, and don't worry, DA will still be completed shortly.

Archived